Facebook connection (no neighbours)

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Simmer1986
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Facebook connection

Post by Simmer1986 »

How do you grant access to Facebook from other versions?
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Facebook No Neighbours Solution

Post by Perturbee »

The solution for No Neighbours! (If you see only Another Sim Town and no friends).
Please note: this NO LONGER works.

If you have access to a friend's iOS (Apple) device, use step 1-4 to remove SFP from your FB account, then log in on the game on the iOS device. No need to save or load, only LOG IN INSIDE Sims Freeplay. After that you can see neighbours on your Android!

1. Log in to Facebook on a computer
2. Go to this link (your Facebook App Center): http://www.facebook.com/appcenter/my
3. Find the name of the game application (Sims FreePlay) in the list and click on the "settings" link
4. Scroll to the bottom of the settings options and choose "remove app" to de-authorize the application from connecting to your Facebook account

This will have disconnected your Facebook account from the game.

5. Next visit the Sims Freeplay app page here (also on a computer!):
https://www.facebook.com/games/thesimsf ... /?fbs=1101
6. Then click "Send to Mobile" (on the right hand side).
7. Open the Sims Freeplay and login on Facebook again.
8. Visit the party boat or tap the globe to see your neighbours.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: Facebook connection (no neighbours)

Post by Perturbee »

This problem had NOT been fixed in the Royalty Update!
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lyla L »

Separate but still Facebook-related question -- apologies if this should be put in a new thread but I figured it was a quick question.

I want to link my game to a new Facebook account as I'm coming up to the 5000-friend limit on my current Facebook account. But I want to make sure my game uploads to both accounts going forward. I assume I would just need to log out of account #1 on my device, log into account #2, upload to the cloud, then do vice versa with account #1. Is this correct?

I also have a Game Center linked to my game but from what I understand that shouldn't affect the Facebook/uploading to cloud process.
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Lyla L wrote:I want to link my game to a new Facebook account as I'm coming up to the 5000-friend limit on my current Facebook account. But I want to make sure my game uploads to both accounts going forward. I assume I would just need to log out of account #1 on my device, log into account #2, upload to the cloud, then do vice versa with account #1. Is this correct?

I also have a Game Center linked to my game but from what I understand that shouldn't affect the Facebook/uploading to cloud process.
That should work fine.

Staying logged in from Game Center during the swap might cause the associated FB-id to be relinked. Usually when logged in with both GC and FB, you can be logged out from GC for months before they become unlinked. I'm not sure what will happen with that link, but since you use one town, it shouldn't matter.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Apparently, I now have the bug that allows only 26 neighbors to show.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
markmi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by markmi »

telemwill wrote:Apparently, I now have the bug that allows only 26 neighbors to show.
I have it too. Very annoying, since I can't visit the town I normally do neighbor quests in.
FB: mark.sim.37853
GC: [Mark_Sim]

Quest house is in the lower left corner!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Android users do experience the 26 neighbours bug, there is no fix for it (unlike the no friends bug).
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Is there a chance that a newly added neighbor replaces an existing one on the partyboat?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I'm not sure which neighbours make it through their "corrupt" fetching methods, to me it doesn't look that way.
From what I can see in the "little bits" of code for FB that I do have access to (423 files!), is that the game fetches the neighbours list in chunks and when sorted and passed back into the game, only some make it. The number limit isn't in the code I have access to, so I can't increase it. I did experiment with the code from the previous version, which makes the top 100 visible again, BUT it crashes SFP when you need to log in again.

I do know for certain that it isn't the rumoured "Pet Farm Block", as I am able to see games with pet farms. Nor is it a block for top TVs, as I am able to see high/maxed TVs on a FB account with 30-ish friends.

So I can't fix it, we can only hope that FM does.

(On a side note: throughout the last 3 updates they used different FB SDKs, none of which I have access to. The latest SDK (which I do have) is newer than the last one they used and differs a lot again, so I don't know if they're competent enough to both fix the current issues (no neighbours or 26) and implement the new FB SDK.)