has FM redeemed themselves?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
MiriDvora
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: has FM redeemed themselves?

Post by MiriDvora »

As a pretty new player (started early december 2014, am on level 29 and the "preparing for preteens" quest), my main gripe with the game is how hard it is to get enough money/LP to actually *do* anything. I've held off on building a lot of the available buildings to save money, and if it weren't for access to others' pet farms to get money and LP, I'd probably have quit already.

The funny thing is, I'm not big on decorating (unless really given free reign -- in sims 3 I used the full customization all the time), I just want to get 3-star objects so that my sims can do things more quickly. I remember with the swimming quest adding up the time requirements compared to the time allotted and realizing that I literally *had* to either wake up at 4am or 6am half the time or use LPs. Fortunately the forum & blog provided me with the details so that I could calculate when to use LPs to the best effect.

At least the mall quest only has about 100 hours of tasks for a 7-day quest; that's a bit more reasonable and manageable.
http://www.facebook.com/miridvora , please send a message mentioning sfp and this forum.

Am a newbie at the game (started at the beg of Dec 2014, with a couple restarts when I screwed things up), TV ~ $3mil and nothing really useful set up yet).
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

NO!
I was gonna just write "NO!" And move on but I'm required to do 10 characters to post.

No they have not redeemed themselves. They have done some nice updates in terms of giving people some of what they've been asking for. How long have we asked for rugs? New clothes? Etc. What we did NOT ask for was for it to all cost so frigin much moolah! I get it's not a "not-for-profit" but they have made it so tough especially on new players. It's discouraging. Is rather buy this game for a fairly expensive app price and have things be reasonable to get by working etc. They are still after the money. There are other motivations I see in what they are doing that I won't post but NO they have not redeemed themselves. If the make again and FREE-OPTION.... That would be good faith. That was where it fell apart. Until they back off that one, it will never, can never be right. They broke faith there and rugs and bowling won't make it better. There are like more hobbies now than we have Sims!!!

I will add that this game has AMAZING graphics. The people who put it together Have mad skills --just outrageously, outlandishly greedy! But fabulous graphics....fabulous!

See? Make me use 10 characters and that is like --wind me up watch me go! I just rattle on and on and on and on.....
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
starrywonder
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by starrywonder »

scarletbegonias wrote:I just want to talk about this past year in sim town. its been almost a year since the Death Orbs update.

Since then we've had quite a few updates that have impressed me quite a bit actually. When my sims started aging, I wasnt sure that id properly be able to enjoy the game anymore. I was pleasantly pleased with a few updates such as cooking, pet park, witches and wizards, and im really enjoying the whole salsa dancing thing!

Theyve also brought back a few older items (pool cleaner, singing fish, easter and christmas decorations) which, as a player who missed two years, I appreciate.

i feel content with the game now. I still highly dislike aging but ive learned to play around it, and often I don't think about it. I think they (FM) have given us a lot of nice content, but the increased cost of wallpaper, flooring - scratch that, EVERYTHING, has really soured things for me. if they didn't make it so obvious that they want us to spend money by making it nearly impossible to finish quests on time (amount other things), I just may be able to forgive them. *grumble*

what do you all think? has FM redeemed themselves in your town? even a little bit?
Not really. I'm annoyed the lowered the number of SIMS at one lot and all the dead locations we can't enter. The Bingo Hall is a travesty. Today's update keeps crashing and I'm sick of every update they keep messing with things. Also they make it impossible to complete a phase of a life quest if you pick certain dreams so that just has the same old activities that I pick because its easier to complete
Updated for Sunset Mall.

I have the Arcade, Public Beach, Horses, Carnival, and Pet Park.

HFN at 1 Diver's Lane
Firepole at 2 Firehouse Road
Dog at 2 Firehouse Road
Cat at 22 West Side
Most houses have every item you need.
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

starrywonder wrote:
scarletbegonias wrote:I just want to talk about this past year in sim town. its been almost a year since the Death Orbs update.

Since then we've had quite a few updates that have impressed me quite a bit actually. When my sims started aging, I wasnt sure that id properly be able to enjoy the game anymore. I was pleasantly pleased with a few updates such as cooking, pet park, witches and wizards, and im really enjoying the whole salsa dancing thing!

Theyve also brought back a few older items (pool cleaner, singing fish, easter and christmas decorations) which, as a player who missed two years, I appreciate.

i feel content with the game now. I still highly dislike aging but ive learned to play around it, and often I don't think about it. I think they (FM) have given us a lot of nice content, but the increased cost of wallpaper, flooring - scratch that, EVERYTHING, has really soured things for me. if they didn't make it so obvious that they want us to spend money by making it nearly impossible to finish quests on time (amount other things), I just may be able to forgive them. *grumble*

what do you all think? has FM redeemed themselves in your town? even a little bit?
Not really. I'm annoyed the lowered the number of SIMS at one lot and all the dead locations we can't enter. The Bingo Hall is a travesty. Today's update keeps crashing and I'm sick of every update they keep messing with things. Also they make it impossible to complete a phase of a life quest if you pick certain dreams so that just has the same old activities that I pick because its easier to complete
i agree, i hate the bingo hall, competition center, and ive literally never used them.
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

Haven't been here in 6 months. Longer still has the game been untouched and un-updated.

What? My sims are still dying? Pass.
What? Costs of everything went up? Pass.
Unrealistic quest timing trying to force you to buy stuff? Pass.

So, no. They have not redeemed themselves. I don't think they ever will.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

dippy wrote:Updates make me nervous now. I used to immediately install an update to see what new things had been introduced. Now, I wait for info from other players to see what's changed before installing as there's usually some down sides now in every update.

There's too many dead lots in the game. Bingo hall, competition centre and other buildings to only collect Xp from. I'd like more interactive items like the nightclub and restaurant that can be used more within the game. My sims can go 'out of town' to work, lol

I also think newer players should be treated more fairly. They should have the old daily bonus seeing as everything is becoming more and more expensive. I bet that makes playing very challenging in the beginning.

I do like the ultimate makeover to be able to finally change sims names etc and find the cost reasonable. And those new bears are so cute. I hope that in months to come, I'm listing more and more things that I really love in the game.

It's easy to list what I don't like, but quite difficult to think about what I do like. It really should be the opposite.
Good point about new players. I am one of the "old" players and have an embarrassing large town value. I benefitted greatly from the reindeer glitch last year,: spending nearly 3 weeks solid visiting neighbours towns so I could get LP. For me the game is great,even allowing for the death update. But I don't think that I would recommend the game to someone new. I certainly wouldn't want to have to re-start the game.
Noodle doodle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Noodle doodle »

Redeemed themselves...categorically NO! :twisted:
Hate orbs, I still have yet to get a platinum one...my sims regularly die, I rebirth them, but the hobbies do not tally to their life dreams, so what to do? Hobby for LPS or life dream and then they die too early and so on and so forth...it's ridiculous!
I for one, want to be able to buy a platinum orb for my faves and then kill off the ones who are just floating waiting for the Grim Reaper.
In fact, I just want those wretched Orbs gone! Finished gone forever so I could hobby and play the game as once was before the dreaded orb update!
My babies have to grow up too quickly, toodlers are pretty useless unless the have someone to feed wash etc... then they cannot finish their life dream unless the age up...it's simply crap!
I couldn't finish the wizard quest to get the broomstick, as the same reward was the same crappy one over and over! Similarly with all the others, the Salsa one in particular.
Beach - wasted as I'm always orb grinding....
Huff and puff...I'm really wishing FM would read these posts and take note of the disquiet and angst of these Simmers here!
Sorry, rant over 'nuff said :roll:
Noodles x
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
"We make plans and God laughs" .... :lol:
boysnberry11
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by boysnberry11 »

Wow. It's been ages since I've logged in here and/or played this game. I saw postings on the web about a mall update. Read a few comments here. I'm glad I walked away from this game in protest of the automatic aging update (never updated). Still seems like the same ole grindfest and expensive micro transactions that I just could never get into.

Well, thought I'd drop by and say hi. Recognize some of the older posters. Hi everyone.
GC: boysnberry11
kktruecrime
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kktruecrime »

When the "inventory glitch" happened, I ended up with thousands and thousands of orbs so since then I gave everyone a platinum orb and I haven't had a single problem since. I don't age and have zero life goals so it seems like it doesn't even exist anymore. Idk
starrywonder
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by starrywonder »

One nice thing is that lots are back to 10 Sims max. It was annoying before only having six Sims in one place. I stopped using my restaurant after that.
Updated for Sunset Mall.

I have the Arcade, Public Beach, Horses, Carnival, and Pet Park.

HFN at 1 Diver's Lane
Firepole at 2 Firehouse Road
Dog at 2 Firehouse Road
Cat at 22 West Side
Most houses have every item you need.