3rd anniversary gift

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: 3rd anniversary gift

Post by JKCher »

Yeah I never realized the wedding stuff was a quest reward until recently. I had ended up buying them from the store. Oh and the bathing suits too, I think, and the toddler stuff.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

The wedding outfits and the toddler dress up chest were originally only available in the online store. They became rewards for quests in October 2013. However, if you started playing before then they were still available to purchase in the online store.

The haunted house, pool volley ball net, beachside escape house, and escalators and elevators were prizes for limited time quests/events. The haunted house, for instance, was the limited time reward for completing the ghost hunting grid when ghost hunting was introduced. For the others I can't remember if they called them quests or not but they were referred to as limited-time goals.

Depending on when you started playing you either had the opportunity to win these things or they were never available to you. So if you started playing in January 2013 you would get the chance at the pool volley ball net, beachside escape house, and escalators and elevators but couldn't get the haunted house (and would have to pay for the wedding outfits and toddler dress up chest). If you started playing in February or March 2013 you would get the chance at the beachside escape house and the escalators and elevators but not the previous items. If you started in April 2013 you had a chance at the escalators and elevators but not the previous items.

Other things were different too. The baby decoration pack was just something you unlocked for getting toddlers (not a limited time prize). The winter clothes was just something added to the wardrobe once completing the limited-time Osiris goals (the limited-time reward was a hockey net). The reward for doing the mysterious island goals was 1 free island sentinel replica (formerly called Stone golem). They were always available in the home store - you just got one for free.

With the October 2013 Teen update the quest system was introduced and all of those previous limited-time items (except the hockey net) became limited-time rewards for the new quests. Some things were different - the snow outfits became the limited time reward for completing the Alien Concept: Weather Machine quest and the Island Sentinel Replica was removed from the home store and became the limited-time reward for completing the Mysterious Island quest.

With the Life Dreams update missed limited-time rewards became available to purchase in the online store for real money. If you missed the items because you were not playing when they were the limited-time reward they appeared in the home store for you, also.

With the Pet Paradise update missed limited-time rewards were removed from the online store even for people who never had the chance to get them.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Ah, okay. Thanks for explaining :)
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Sereya wrote: You may have been the same as me. I started playing in January of this year.. At that time the elevators pack had only been given to people who were playing during the multistory update where 2 story houses were introduced before I started playing.... Then with saddle up update they added it as a bonus reward for the multistory renovations quest for all the new players along with a bunch of other old quest rewards coming back in new quest lines. However when all the new quests came to my game log the new multistory renovations quest was not among them..

So I never missed the bonus item... I had simply never been given the quest to get them... And I didn't want to buy em for 10$ out of the online store.

Hope that made sense!
That does make sense. I started playing in January this year too. I don't ever remember doing a multistory renovations quest either, though that probably doesn't prove I never did because my memory is not that great in these things. :D But yes, it was probably never given to us as a quest.

And mockingbird288z had quite a detailed explanation! I didn't realize quests were so recent.
Sereya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sereya »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Sereya wrote: You may have been the same as me. I started playing in January of this year.. At that time the elevators pack had only been given to people who were playing during the multistory update where 2 story houses were introduced before I started playing.... Then with saddle up update they added it as a bonus reward for the multistory renovations quest for all the new players along with a bunch of other old quest rewards coming back in new quest lines. However when all the new quests came to my game log the new multistory renovations quest was not among them..

So I never missed the bonus item... I had simply never been given the quest to get them... And I didn't want to buy em for 10$ out of the online store.

Hope that made sense!
The quest system was introduced in the October 2013 Teen update. Well before the Saddle Up update.
The quest system itself was in place already when I started playing in Jan of 2014 yes, in fact the wedding outfits i believe were one of the first bonus items i unlocked when i first started playing.....

but I was referring to the new quests which were added with or close to the saddle up update ( i had came back from a couple months away then) that offered with them a chance to obtain items previously unavailable for me to get because I was not playing when they were first introduced such as the haunted house, etc.. Of those quests added during the saddle up update , most went into my log to complete and alot where things i had long since out leveled at that point like the quest to open the premium lots even though i already had premium houses built while playing the quest....and I unlocked everything except multistory renovations /elevators and escalators pack... That quest never went into my que. So while I was able to unlock things like the haunted house and singing fish the elevators were never an option for my game.
The Mall!
https://www.facebook.com/sereya.dawn.9
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22
Pet Farm - Westside 20

Seniors Update!
facebook.com/SietaSims
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22 (work in progress)
Pet Farm - Westside 21
mockingbird288z

I did some research on this. It seems the quest system was rolled out in three updates - Teen, Holiday 2013, and All Grown Up(Seniors).

Teen Update - October 9/10, 2013
Holiday 2013 - November 25/26, 2013
All Grown Up - January 22/23, 2014

I made a word doc for when the quests were originally introduced, when they became a part of the quest system, and the rewards for all quests.

The Haunted House was added into the quest system with the Holiday 2013. The Multi-Story Renovations quest was added to the system with the All Grown Up update. By the All Grown Up update all previous limited-time quests had been added in to the quest system.

So if someone started in January with the Holiday 2013 update they would have had the quests for the wedding pack, toddler dress-up chest, baby decoration pack, snow outfits, and haunted house but they would not have had access to the quests for the island sentinel replica (you should still have it though), volleyball net, and escalators and elevators (they became available again in the All Grown Up update). But if someone started in January with the All Grown Up update they would have access to all the quests and all the rewards.

*Edit to update word doc with beachside escape reward
*Edit, updated April 2015
Introduction of the Quest System.pdf
(348.96 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Last edited by mockingbird288z on 10 Apr 2015, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
Sereya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sereya »

My game started at the very tail end of the holiday update 2013 (my tablet was a Christmas present from my husband) so by the time I played around with the tablet and found Sims free play I started on New year's eve just in time to get the fireworks. I played through everything and received all the bonus items because I'm a completionist freak and like you said I had the wedding pack, toddler chest, baby decor, and snow outfits. I did have the monument quest at that point. But I did not have the haunted house.

As of just before the easter update 2014 when I stopped playing I had all the quests in my que completed.

I came back to the same saved town/ game in early June. When I did, my quest log completely restarted.
I had to do the marriage quest, simolean sprout quest, monument island quests etc... everything I had long since completed was in my que again along with some new quests like the haunted house, volley ball set etc.

Basically in june my quest log started over and gave me ALL the current quests available even if I had already done them, except multistory renovations.
I assumed this happened to everyone and was part of the update?
If not I'm certainly grateful I did get to unlock all the other items.
The Mall!
https://www.facebook.com/sereya.dawn.9
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22
Pet Farm - Westside 20

Seniors Update!
facebook.com/SietaSims
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22 (work in progress)
Pet Farm - Westside 21
mockingbird288z

It sounds like your game glitched. You shouldn't have had to do all quests over.

For what it's worth, Perturbee posted her guide to the Multi-Story Renovations on February 15, 2014 and Bagatelle posted her guide on March 2, 2014 which was while the All Grown Up update was out. The Saddle Up update occurred on May 6/7, 2014.
annt6
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annt6 »

oh wow ._., I should have check the forum before opening my present, I wanted the teen outfit for adult that they took away but instead I got a pool net. When I came back into the game 1 hour later and it said my game's already saved to the cloud a moment ago fml lol
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Sereya wrote:My game started at the very tail end of the holiday update 2013 (my tablet was a Christmas present from my husband) so by the time I played around with the tablet and found Sims free play I started on New year's eve just in time to get the fireworks. I played through everything and received all the bonus items because I'm a completionist freak and like you said I had the wedding pack, toddler chest, baby decor, and snow outfits. I did have the monument quest at that point. But I did not have the haunted house.

As of just before the easter update 2014 when I stopped playing I had all the quests in my que completed.

I came back to the same saved town/ game in early June. When I did, my quest log completely restarted.
I had to do the marriage quest, simolean sprout quest, monument island quests etc... everything I had long since completed was in my que again along with some new quests like the haunted house, volley ball set etc.

Basically in june my quest log started over and gave me ALL the current quests available even if I had already done them, except multistory renovations.
I assumed this happened to everyone and was part of the update?
If not I'm certainly grateful I did get to unlock all the other items.
As per mockingbird mentioned, it is likely your game has glitched. Another wild guess is you could have accidentally load an older game saves...