Removed Items, Limited Time Items, and Event Prizes

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
ErinPW

Re: Removed, Retired, or Truly Limited Items

Post by ErinPW »

Great idea to make a new list, mockingbird! I didn't know how many items have gone :o
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Niney
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Niney »

tigertigercait wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
tigertigercait wrote:I missed the barefoot quest, but I randomly got bare feet (not the TOMS shoes, the actual feet) when I aged a toddler up to a pre-teen once a while back. (I have her in cryofreeze right now awaiting a platinum orb, because pre-teen Aradia definitely needs to skip barefoot through my town forever.) I can grab a screenshot of her to share the feet if you'd like one.
Yeah, of course! If anyone has any images of retired items they'd like to share, go ahead!
:D Here's my pre-teen:
The attachment aradia_barefoot.png is no longer available
and here's a closeup on her feet:
The attachment barefoot.png is no longer available
Here is my shoeless guy, he got my first platinum orb:
I blame Simsie for the loss of shoes. Hehe
I blame Simsie for the loss of shoes. Hehe
image.jpg
image.jpg
GC ID: <Niney>
Facebook: Caroline.ross.161
HFN-3 West Oceanside
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

2013-09-19 12.14.30.jpg
Here is a candid to go along with your "official" pictures. I used the hairstyles to create my Munster family/
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
xjuelx
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by xjuelx »

This thread is bitter sweet. :) There are several things that I forgot I used to have, and now I want them back! :) I've been playing since almost the very beginning, but reset my game in December 2012 because I got a new device and at the time didn't know I could or know how to download the game I had already been playing. I had several barefoot sims leftover from the Tom's event and I'd completely forgotten about the vampire and share houses. Thanks for posting all he pics. :)
I don't know if it's just because I've already unlocked it, or maybe it's still available for everyone, but I just built another player designed house a few weeks ago and the game system thing still comes with it.
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Hayley95 »

Wow! I missed most of these items as I only started playing last December. I wish I had started earlier. :(
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

xjuelx wrote: I don't know if it's just because I've already unlocked it, or maybe it's still available for everyone, but I just built another player designed house a few weeks ago and the game system thing still comes with it.
There's a game system in my player designed house and I just started playing recently. It doesn't do anything, but it's there...
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
tigertigercait
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tigertigercait »

2013 The Great Ghost Escape event (items were the reward for completing a row of the ghost hunting hobby grid)
Spooky Stairs
Frightening Floors (2)
Halloween Party Table
Wicked Wallpapers (2)
Haunted Elevators
Teen Roman Costumes
Petrifying Putting Green (reward for competing the entire grid)
I missed this event, but when I returned circa Carnival update all of these items were available as regular ghost hunting grid rewards except for the putting green; there was no special reward for completing the whole grid except for the usual LPs. They might still be available -- is there anyone still new to the ghost hunting hobby who can check on the current grid rewards?
Neighbor info is on my profile here!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

A little history on the herbicides and fire extinguishers... :)

The October 2012 update introduced the genetically modified plants and the organic recipes. To get rid of the sim-eating plant or put out a fire you first had to buy a herbicide table or a fire extinguisher holder from the home store. And then you had to go to the grocery store on the town map and buy the herbicide and fire extinguishers.
Herbicide and Fire Extinguisher
Herbicide and Fire Extinguisher
After that you could pick from four actions ranging from 15 seconds to 1 hour and 10 minutes. The 15 second option cost 1 LP and the 1 hour and 10 minute negotiation option was free. For the "Blow out fire" option the sim would stand in front of the over and blow for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Available actions
Available actions
If you picked one of the options that required herbicide or a fire extinguisher your sim had to go to the herbicide table or the fire extinguisher holder first. Then they would proceed to put out the fire or get rid of the sim-eating plant (which looked painful for the plant, IMHO).
Extinguishing the fire and removing the sim-eating plant
Extinguishing the fire and removing the sim-eating plant
I think it was the next update when they removed the herbicide tables, fire extinguisher holders, and the herbicides and extinguishers from the grocery store. All sims were given fire extinguishers to hold in their magic pocket and the "extinguish fire" and "negotiation" action were reduced to 3 minutes.

Also, the increased payout we have a chance of getting now with the organic recipes and genetically modified plants was not that much of an increase that they are now.

Edit to add pics of a sim blowing out a fire.
Maybe waving will work?
Maybe waving will work?
Last edited by mockingbird288z on 27 Sep 2014, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

tigertigercait wrote:
2013 The Great Ghost Escape event (items were the reward for completing a row of the ghost hunting hobby grid)
Spooky Stairs
Frightening Floors (2)
Halloween Party Table
Wicked Wallpapers (2)
Haunted Elevators
Teen Roman Costumes
I missed this event, but when I returned circa Carnival update all of these items were available as regular ghost hunting grid rewards except for the putting green; there was no special reward for completing the whole grid except for the usual LPs. They might still be available -- is there anyone still new to the ghost hunting hobby who can check on the current grid rewards?
I am interested too, in knowing if these items are available to new players. That would be very nice of FM!
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote:
tigertigercait wrote:
Spooky Stairs
Frightening Floors (2)
Halloween Party Table
Wicked Wallpapers (2)
Haunted Elevators
Teen Roman Costumes
I am interested too, in knowing if these items are available to new players. That would be very nice of FM!
Turns out they are available for new players! Yay!