2018 Holiday Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: 2018 Holiday Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 07:03 Urban Furniture event has started for me. The Groovers 'N' Movers Aerobics hobby event as appeared as a Player Favourite Event so we can chose to do it concurrently with the Woodworking event.
Wow that's a lot to do all at once! If I were a new player I'd probably have quit the game by now. This update has sure felt very quest/event heavy.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Priority for me is the Urban Furniture. I desperately need the furniture for a beach house remodel I'm working on. Have already got two packs (one from the last time the event ran, and a Mystery Box prize). I'm only using ten sims for this as I'm grinding for Simoleons, LPs and SPs for rooms in the house.

The Aerobics Hobby I'll do if I have extra time to complete at least one set. But I'm not holding my breath on it.

I agree mockingbird288z. I truly hope that this won't be the new norm for SFP.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I thought for sure I had all the aerobic outfits, but I have the option for Movers and Groovers . Or is it Groovers and Movers? Whatever.

Hasn't there been at least two sets of outfits with this event title? Does anyone know which outfits are featured this time around?

I will probably skip it since I assume I would have to start completely over, and I probably missed one or two outfits at most. I know for sure I did this before. Wasn't there some major crashing problems with this event too?

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

Well I can say I wont be done with either of the two events in one day. I am still mainly in what I think of as a construction stage for my sim town, so I mainly have loads of adult sims there, at least I have the sim power right now for this. Had my first run started for both and went to bed last night.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Do I have to do something to unlock the Aerobics hobby or will starting Groovers and Movers do it?
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
fabreeze63
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by fabreeze63 »

chamilet wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 17:12 Do I have to do something to unlock the Aerobics hobby or will starting Groovers and Movers do it?
Trying to figure this out myself. We may have to complete a quest called "groovy guru" first. I'm thinking it may be a discovery quest, but I haven't gotten that far in my googling yet. If there's a whole other quest involved to do first, I'm thinking I may just go for the urban furniture and get what I can from that first.
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

Ya you need to do the Groovy Guru quest which is a discovery quest you get from building the health center (aka the Gym). I knew the hobby event was coming when the update for this past holiday was announced so I pushed it so I was ready. Changed up my plans a bit, but I am now glad I did it a few weeks ago lol.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

fabreeze63 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 18:21
chamilet wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 17:12 Do I have to do something to unlock the Aerobics hobby or will starting Groovers and Movers do it?
Trying to figure this out myself. We may have to complete a quest called "groovy guru" first. I'm thinking it may be a discovery quest, but I haven't gotten that far in my googling yet. If there's a whole other quest involved to do first, I'm thinking I may just go for the urban furniture and get what I can from that first.
I found this, which is very helpful with hobbies: http://simsfp.perturbee.net/viewtopic.php?p=73193#top
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Kassandra
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kassandra »

telemwill wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 14:34Hasn't there been at least two sets of outfits with this event title?
Does anyone know which outfits are featured this time around?
As seen here: Removed Items, Limited Time Items, and Event Prizes
mockingbird288z wrote: 22 Sep 2014, 20:28 Groovers’n’Movers I - long pants, October 2017, October 2018, (pics)
Groovers'n'Movers II - shorts, November 2017, January 2019, (pics)
Checked my own game to confirm: it's Grovers' & Movers' II with the short pants.
Level 55 - Seniors quest
fabreeze63
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Removed Items, Limited Time Items, and Event Prizes

Post by fabreeze63 »

What the heck is going on?? I just got a pop up today for another crafting event! They really can't wait until the current event is over to start a new one!? Ugh feeling super frustrated with the game right now.