High Striker Hobby

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

High Striker Hobby

Post by Cyril »

Hi All

Has anyone completed the High Striker Hobby, without using 3LP spins?
I've been doing it for weeks, light play only, and am just on level 3. 2% per action levelling up whether 30mins or 4hrs. I've seen you only get 1% by level 5, so that's about 200 more actions or more before my Sim gets to the top level.

I was wondering about the Big Top, and whether you'd need to have maxed out the Carnival Hobbies (just like the Horse Stables) before it will open, or maybe it will be in the next update.

Any thoughts and tips much appreciated.

Cyril
Game Centre Name: neildf
Aalinnutza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: High Striker Hobby

Post by Aalinnutza »

I finished it about two weeks ago! It's tedious and the teddies are expensive: the monkey is 28,000 simoleans, the unicorn is 10LP's and the bear is 20sp's! It has no connection to the mysterious top so take your time and maybe in the next update they will sort out the procentage for the 2 carnival hobbies!
GC aalinnutza
HFN (really bad with maps and addresses) Next to the fire station with an N made out of pines (white flat roof)
Haunted house surrounded by the pool and pine!

Update: The most recent one
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

Yes, I think there is a problem with levelling up in this hobby (just as juggling)
After several weeks, I am on level 5 for both
At level 6, you win less than 1% for 30 min action, and just 1% for 1h action....
It takes ages to finish these hobbies...
I hoped EA would have fixed this, but no....
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Well, I was wondering if I should build the High striker or Bouncy castle next, I guess it will be the castle. :roll:
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

mudgenie wrote:Well, I was wondering if I should build the High striker or Bouncy castle next, I guess it will be the castle. :roll:
No, build the striker first IMO.
It's the only thing that has any hobby attached to it, all the other stuff you have to build is rather pointless.
It does take ages, but the teddies aren't bad. Some have actions that give good XP for toddlers.
The sooner you start it, the sooner you'll finish ;)
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

I've finally complete this hobby... after grilling for over a month... :shock:
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

OMG I've been doing the high striker for a week and I only have one row of teddies o_O. This is tiring and it seems that I get more percentage when I use the 30m one than when I use the 2 or 4h ones :(
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

calleighwolfe wrote:OMG I've been doing the high striker for a week and I only have one row of teddies o_O. This is tiring and it seems that I get more percentage when I use the 30m one than when I use the 2 or 4h ones :(
When Robert practised this hobby, he got the same % for all options. So my other sims earned LPs and I used the lucky spin to get the teddies. The ones that costs SP aren't worth the price, but the other two are :)
Robert is now the cook at the restaurant and he enjoys this job very much :D
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

ErinPW wrote:
calleighwolfe wrote:OMG I've been doing the high striker for a week and I only have one row of teddies o_O. This is tiring and it seems that I get more percentage when I use the 30m one than when I use the 2 or 4h ones :(
When Robert practised this hobby, he got the same % for all options. So my other sims earned LPs and I used the lucky spin to get the teddies. The ones that costs SP aren't worth the price, but the other two are :)
Robert is now the cook at the restaurant and he enjoys this job very much :D
I read somewhere around this forum that you could reset the grid in order to get new things but I don't see how you can do that o_O. I might use some LPs just to see the grid move a little. I'm tiring of doing this and not getting anything new :(
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

calleighwolfe wrote:[snip]
I read somewhere around this forum that you could reset the grid in order to get new things but I don't see how you can do that o_O. I might use some LPs just to see the grid move a little. I'm tiring of doing this and not getting anything new :(
You only can reset the grid if it's filled. Or it does, if there is an event like for the hair.

With the lucky spin row by row it seems to be easier to get the missing items. I tested this (again) moments before.
Attachments
Four teddies left
Four teddies left
Finished with 5 x lucky spin (3 LPs each)
Finished with 5 x lucky spin (3 LPs each)
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View