Should i give up?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Aerials
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Should i give up?

Post by Aerials »

Hi, i'm new in the forum, and i want to ask... i should update?
I'm a little tired of miss some content but i don't want to lose all the families i've build
Well, i just want your opinion.
Greetings :D
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Should i give up?

Post by Cyril »

If you don't update, you'll miss a whole lot of stuff.

As long as the a Sims you want to keep don't have clothing etc that isn't available anymore, then you can always send them out of town, through the wardrobe, and recreate them.

With the latest update, you get a sensible choice of Life Dream, and there have been a few dreams that earn good amounts of Life Dream points (this forum has a good list being compiled) that have helped to get orbs faster, whether for building, or permanently saving Sims.

In the end, it's your choice. I did the Baby Glitch before I updated to the original 'Death' update, and all I did at first was create the 14 platinum orbs I needed to save my core town population. I now play my old game with those Sims, whilst the newcomers grind out orbs as required to build stuff.

Good luck. A dilemma if ever there was one!
Last edited by Cyril on 25 Jun 2014, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Game Centre Name: neildf
Aalinnutza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Aalinnutza »

Which version of the game are you on? As we have players on seniors, on Life dreams and legacies, Saddle up and now carnival!
If you are on seniors and want to update there is where the big change comes in! I was so very frustrated at the beginning with my game that I was considering giving up completely! But now after months and months of work (not play anymore) my game is in a place where I enjoy it again! I have managed to make 30 platinum orbs (and used 20 to stop my sims from aging - will save 9 more that works perfectly to my game strategy after I finish with the orbs for the arcade and beach)! I do feel that the game has been a repetitive task for the last couple of months but if you are willing to stick with it IMO it's worth it! So it's your choice and for me the thing that stopped me was the fact that I reached level 53(then) and actually spend real life money (quite a lot) on the game!
GC aalinnutza
HFN (really bad with maps and addresses) Next to the fire station with an N made out of pines (white flat roof)
Haunted house surrounded by the pool and pine!

Update: The most recent one
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

I'm really glad I updated. If you are still on Seniors I would also recommend doing the baby glitch. You can PM me for more information on that If you like. I updated after I made 138 sims, I still have 91. I have recently made one sim immortal. It is some work and figuring out your game plan but IMO it is worth it to get new content and keep the game fresh. My goal is to eventually have 24 immortal sims and 10 sims that reincarnate and can earn orbs to open up content. I see the whole thing as a challenge. And I get a bit of personal satisfaction to beat the FM at their own game. ;)
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

mudgenie wrote:I'm really glad I updated. If you are still on Seniors I would also recommend doing the baby glitch. You can PM me for more information on that If you like. I updated after I made 138 sims, I still have 91. I have recently made one sim immortal. It is some work and figuring out your game plan but IMO it is worth it to get new content and keep the game fresh. My goal is to eventually have 24 immortal sims and 10 sims that reincarnate and can earn orbs to open up content. I see the whole thing as a challenge. And I get a bit of personal satisfaction to beat the FM at their own game. ;)
Ultra like the last sentence :mrgreen:
Simssarah
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simssarah »

I reluctantly updated and started the orb grind to save my 10 favourite Sims. I'm glad I did as it has allowed me to have horses, a beach and soon, a carnival. With the new life dreams choice I have my adult Sims going to work at the Stadium, as Musicians or Actors so they still have plenty of time for normal life's. I will soon have 10 gold orbs and be working towards platinum and salvation! It's certainly not as bad as I expected.
HFN. 4 West Oceanside
Haunted House. 3 East Oceanside
GC paradi61
Holiday Update
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Well, the day has come that I am putting down my game. I haven't played in a couple of weeks, and I lack the desire to play. Loosing my last originals/favorites (despite attempting to remake them) pushed me over the edge. I'm done.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

SIMazing wrote:Well, the day has come that I am putting down my game. I haven't played in a couple of weeks, and I lack the desire to play. Loosing my last originals/favorites (despite attempting to remake them) pushed me over the edge. I'm done.
I am sorry to hear that. I just wanted to tell you that there is hope, just in case you later decide to change your mind. I have just permanently saved 12 of my sims and I feel like I have my old game back. It's fun again! Yes, it was a lot of work but for me it was worth it. :D
HFN at Starter house #22
Current Update
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

mudgenie wrote:
SIMazing wrote:Well, the day has come that I am putting down my game. I haven't played in a couple of weeks, and I lack the desire to play. Loosing my last originals/favorites (despite attempting to remake them) pushed me over the edge. I'm done.
I am sorry to hear that. I just wanted to tell you that there is hope, just in case you later decide to change your mind. I have just permanently saved 12 of my sims and I feel like I have my old game back. It's fun again! Yes, it was a lot of work but for me it was worth it. :D
I feel like I can't go back. I tried remaking some of my sims already, but the emotion that comes from investment wasn't there. I don't have any feelings for the newer sims. What is the use of building up platinums if by the time you get them you no longer have any feelings for your sims?
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

SIMazing wrote:
mudgenie wrote:
I feel like I can't go back. I tried remaking some of my sims already, but the emotion that comes from investment wasn't there. I don't have any feelings for the newer sims. What is the use of building up platinums if by the time you get them you no longer have any feelings for your sims?
I know what you mean. When you know a sim is going to die, you stay unattached, it's a normal psychological mechanism to keep us healthy that seems to kick in even in this game. I didn't get attached to any of my doomed sims either. Here's a suggestion, feel free to take or leave it. Don't recreate any of the sims you want to keep till you have a platinum to keep them alive. They are on vacation in the Bahamas or somewhere. Make up whatever story you want. Then when you have the platinum orb, recreate them and have them come back to town. Boy, things have really changed since they were gone, and so on. If you want, store up a few orbs so you can bring a family back all at once. Technically the same program runs them so they are the same sims. I was surprised how quickly I cared about my families again, once they were out of danger of extinction. Good luck whatever you choose to do. One more suggestion, don't delete your game till you are super sure that you aren't coming back, you may change your mind at some point.
HFN at Starter house #22
Current Update