Should i give up?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
KissieK
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Should i give up?

Post by KissieK »

SIMazing wrote:Thanks for all the great ideas! :D
I'm forming a plan right now. I've never been so grateful for all the clothes and hair that I didn't like. :lol:
:lol: Ya know, I haven't even thought about this part cause I've been thinking long term, what I wanted to do with my sims/town, but that is so true! So I guess now I need to be thinking about what funny, crazy names I can come up with for my little orb army cause I've decided that I want to make my own Bon Temps Louisiana, after my favorite show True Blood, which is in it's 7th & final season. :cry: :cry: So this way, I can have all my favorite people, especially Eric Northman :twisted: even after the show goes off. :D
**MONSTERS & MAGIC UPDATE**
HFN: 1 Eastside
Haunted House: 2 Eastside
Cat: Haunted House
Dog: HFN
Reindeer Park: Island - 1 Terra Drive
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

I have given up. Haven't updated since senior and haven't played in months. I don't even know why I'm keeping the game on my device.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

animagif wrote:I have given up. Haven't updated since senior and haven't played in months. I don't even know why I'm keeping the game on my device.
I used to visit your town. That's a reason to keep it, isn't it. :) I'm sorry I haven't been there lately. Visiting neighbors isn't the same since the aging thing started, because it still ages your sim. :?

You can still hang out with us here. You can help me with a naming and dressing scheme. I'm finding dressing the seniors badly the hardest task. All the clothes are bad - how do you just pick one! :lol: :roll:
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

animagif wrote:I have given up. Haven't updated since senior and haven't played in months. I don't even know why I'm keeping the game on my device.
There are several players on my partyboat list, who have lost the fun and stopped playing :( But the towns are still there, and most of their sims are happy.
Without this forum I'd have given up my game. But with it I could find a way through the last updates.

Have a good time, animagif! Hope to see you now and then :)
SIMazing wrote:
I used to visit your town. That's a reason to keep it, isn't it. :) I'm sorry I haven't been there lately. Visiting neighbors isn't the same since the aging thing started, because it still ages your sim. :?

You can still hang out with us here. You can help me with a naming and dressing scheme. I'm finding dressing the seniors badly the hardest task. All the clothes are bad - how do you just pick one! :lol: :roll:
For the senior time it was easy to me ... there is nothing to make them pretty :lol:
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I play once a week, when I get free cupcakes, but only long enough to let everybody have some fun on Saturday and then hibernate another week. I save my town so hopefully anybody visiting (getting a lot of cat huggers lately) doesn't find them too zombified. I'm still on seniors, never updated. I was going to try to make the baby glitch and I'm at level 50 now. Real life interfered when the son of one of my friends was shot and killed. So I didn't play for a couple of weeks. No heart in it any more. Sometimes I think about the baby glitch, but I don't know how to make 100 babies. I see some people have them all in one house and I have no idea how they got there like that. I would put 100 cribs in 1 house if I could fill them up with babies and leave them there hibernating until I feel like playing again, then I could update. I want to make my last 6 adults so I can complete my families (giving me a total of 36 Sims, before I do the 100 babies). Then I have to do enough stupid orbs to save all 36. My first 30 have a history, we've been playing since launch and 4 of them are as old as the game, the others almost as old as the game. I don't want any of them to die.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Karen, I'm very sorry about your friend's son. :(
...puts everything else into perspective...
Updated town info in profile
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Karen, I too am very sorry to hear about your friend's son. My condolences...

When you are ready to do your 100 babies I'm sure we can help you figure it out.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Oh Karen, I'm sorry about your son's friend and the heartache you all feel right now. Like Seeker said, we all would be happy to help you when you are ready to go on with game.
Take care of yourself and don't sweat the game, it's just a game.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
CatDeville
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatDeville »

Well, what I've decided to do, to "beat them at their own game" (i.e., to prevent spending *further* LPs... I've already dumped a bunch of *REAL CASH*, far more than I would normally spend on a game into this game to get my game readjusted back to where it will be fun), is just to do nothing with any of my characters (except my two first, who are named for myself, and my best friend) except to grind out orbs. So right now *ALL* of my characters are sacrificial characters except 2. I basically push them through tasks that will get them through their life dreams as quickly as possible, go ahead and kill them off (had *4* die today), go ahead and spend an hour or so gathering everyone for a funeral, just long enough to "reminisce" and "grieve" and then meet needs until everyone is inspired again (I use the geek's heaven for that, with all the computers and TV sets... I built a 2nd floor to it, and it has plenty of everything for folks to meet, refresh and have fun.)

Once they're gone, I pass their orbs on to a new character... I have enough SIMs right now to buy babies at the ridiculous rate they're charging, but I also make a few adult characters (since they're free - they just seem to take longer to get through the life dreams than a SIM that moves from toddler on up.) Then I just rinse and repeat.

At this point I've started renaming all my sacrificial characters Guy, Gal and Redshirt (and giving them numbers) and I don't spend time for them to get to know anyone unless I need them to get married and have kids (so that fewer people will "grieve" them), which at this point I'm not doing.

The end result is that I am mostly just setting people up for stuff like 24 hr fishing sessions, going to work and training, and doing pirouettes and karate (for preteens), reading science mags and doing MMOs for teens... pretty much *anything* that gets me high numbers... and staying out of the game as much as possible. {sigh!} I've got my plan for how to get back to where I was through "reincarnating" those SIMs I was in love with once I have enough orbs.

*THEN* I'll build that useless carnival. Of course, by that time they'll probably have added another personality type and I might have to readjust, but I'll manage.

But at this point the game is not really fun. I *HATE* "grinding" in *ANY* game, which is why with most games I get a character training engine so that I don't have to "grind" to enjoy the game. Sadly, that's not possible here.
CatDeville
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatDeville »

Karen,

My condolences on your loss as well! I feel the need to share that part of the reason that this "death" update has made the game not fun for me is the fact that it is just *too real*, especially for those of us who have recently lost loved ones. I lost my mother on March 2nd, just prior to this update. While I agree, it's just a game, when you've lost someone you love in RL, it's simply no longer fun anymore to be running into reminders of that every time you pick up your game. {sigh!}

Best to you and your family at this difficult time!