Platinum orb question

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Platinum orb question

Post by sonlightmom »

I finally have earned my first platinum orb and have saved one of my Sims lives. :D My question is now that he has been saved, he still has a life dream , but with the new update is there any point of having a sim you want to never age even bother with working on a life dream since now they have to age to a senior in order to complete it? I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

I am just as happy to have him do woodworking which is his favorite hobby, but I also thought maybe he could help earn orbs to build some of the new content like the beach or arcade since I haven't done that yet, but I'm guessing it's not possible if I want him to just stay as an adult.
Kristi

* Neighbor House: Starter house
* Haunted house: Next door to starter house
* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
* Game Center Name: sonlightmom
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Platinum orb question

Post by HordePrime »

Before the Saddle Up update, it was possible for a paused sim to earn an orb that they could then put towards building the beach or arcade stuff.

After the update, they can't earn an orb without becoming a senior, so if you don't want that to happen (as most of us don't, which is something EA consistently fail to understand), then no, there is no point having them work on their life dream.
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

Thanks, that what I thought, but just needed to be sure. :) I guess Matthew will keep doing his woodworking, which I guess is ok since I don't have to worry about him dieing now! Now to earn more platinum orbs so eventually I can get back to having a regular game where half my sims aren't just slaves to earning orbs and then pass on the the afterlife!!
Kristi

* Neighbor House: Starter house
* Haunted house: Next door to starter house
* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
* Game Center Name: sonlightmom
kwippo
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by kwippo »

But what if your immortal sim is a senior? Can they get the orbs?
HFN on west side, house no. 12. GH on east side, house no.1 .
I don't cheat, but I've played for over 4 years.
I accept neighbor requests, find me on FB (unfortunately, I can no longer play on an iOS device, so no GC).
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

kwippo wrote:But what if your immortal sim is a senior? Can they get the orbs?
yes... but the orb is to be used for building purpose only...
kwippo
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by kwippo »

I see, thanks for the reply. It would have been better if the orb would be able to be put in the inventory.
HFN on west side, house no. 12. GH on east side, house no.1 .
I don't cheat, but I've played for over 4 years.
I accept neighbor requests, find me on FB (unfortunately, I can no longer play on an iOS device, so no GC).
Christina
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Christina »

If your immortal senior sim produces a platinium orb this can be used to pause another sim as well as for building. You just cannot put the orb into your inventory or pass it to another sim to progress it further unless you allow the sim to die.
HFN at 1 East Oceanside.
Haunted House
FB - Christina Rn
Bendybanana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bendybanana »

I've finally got a platinum orb and passed it on to a Sim I want to keep. The ageing bar is still filling up though. Is that right? Have I done something wrong?
HFN = 21 West Side
Fire pole = 2 Fortune Docks
Haunted House = Volcano View
Dog = 3 West Oceanside
Cat = 4 West Oceanside
Level 55, all updates
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Bendybanana wrote:I've finally got a platinum orb and passed it on to a Sim I want to keep. The ageing bar is still filling up though. Is that right? Have I done something wrong?
Giving a sim a platinum orb won't pause the sim. You have to go to the age controller and use the orb to pause the sim. This thread has pictures to help.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update