Reindeer Glitch?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
tvolpe74
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Reindeer Glitch?

Post by tvolpe74 »

I wasn't playing much during Xmas, so I missed the whole "reindeer glitch." Can anyone explain it to me? Have I missed out again? I missed out on the "pet glitch."
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Reindeer Glitch?

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

The reindeer glitch was from the Christmas event - if you finished the quest and got your free reindeer, if you had a neighbor (or Another Sim Town) that had NOT finished the event, you could visit their neighborhood and you would get another free reindeer and 3 LP. You could visit the same neighbor over and over again, as long as they didn't do the quest and get a free reindeer and 3 LP every time you visited. It went away with the New Year's update, some people spent all day the day before New Year's Eve just going back and forth to their inactive neighbor and got hundreds of free reindeer and thousands of LP. I did it a few times, but didn't spend all day on it - got about 300 LP and 100 free reindeer for my efforts. Haven't made a reindeer farm though, even though I still have the pet glitch (since I haven't done the death update). Might do it one of these days - just don't have much enthusiasm these days - still recovering from 3 months of no days off from work in real life. This is the first weekend I haven't gone to work since January 10th!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

I did the reindeer glitch without realising it at the time so I spread them around my sims and still have some left. I've seen several posts mentioning reindeer parks or ranches and just wondered how you can do this? When I allocate a reindeer it only allows 2 pets. Or have I not investigated this properly as I've only put them in single sim households? 2 pets per person or 2 pets per household? Is it possible to put reindeer on a lot where no-one is living?
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

If you haven't updated to the death update, the pet glitch still works. It takes some Simoleons though. You have to move a single Sim to every vacant house and assign 2 reindeer. When a single sim moves, they leave pets behind. Then you have to move a family around all the lots, because families take all of their pets with them. There's a whole thread about how to do it - search for "pet glitch" but if you updated it doesn't work any more.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

The reindeer glitch went all the way to the senior's update. Quite a few people, myself included, held off updating just to grab a few *wink* more LPs and reindeers.

There wasn't a new update for New Year's. That quest was from the November update that had the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the mutant fish quest. They were just programmed to start at certain times.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

mockingbird288z wrote:The reindeer glitch went all the way to the senior's update. Quite a few people, myself included, held off updating just to grab a few *wink* more LPs and reindeers.

There wasn't a new update for New Year's. That quest was from the November update that had the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the mutant fish quest. They were just programmed to start at certain times.
There was a mini-quest to get fireworks for New Year's - I still have the fireworks. It was the tail end of the Christmas update. I don't know if I could have gotten more reindeer - I was one of the New Year's people frantically getting as much as I could before midnight, just in case they took it away. Then I was sick for 3 days and then our server crashed at work, so everything Sims went out the window - I barely got the senior quest done in time (although I didn't age anybody so we've never done the quilting or bird feeding - we did get the parrot on a perch and the exercise bicycle though).
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:The reindeer glitch went all the way to the senior's update. Quite a few people, myself included, held off updating just to grab a few *wink* more LPs and reindeers.

There was a mini-quest to get fireworks for New Year's - I still have the fireworks. It was the tail end of the Christmas update. I don't know if I could have gotten more reindeer - I was one of the New Year's people frantically getting as much as I could before midnight, just in case they took it away. Then I was sick for 3 days and then our server crashed at work, so everything Sims went out the window - I barely got the senior quest done in time (although I didn't age anybody so we've never done the quilting or bird feeding - we did get the parrot on a perch and the exercise bicycle though).
Right, but it wasn't an update. Meaning to get the New Year's Eve quest we did not have to go to the App Store and update the game. There was an update in November that had 4 quests queued up to start on specific days. Three were mentioned in the update info - the thanksgiving, the Christmas, and the new year's. One was hidden - the Müté Fis one that Perturbee was able to find after digging around in the files.

I don't know much about programming but I gather that certain things can be quickly patched without an update (the price of reversing or advancing sims's ages) and other things that are deeper in the code and need a complete update to fix. The reindeer glitch was one of the deeper ones. So it stuck around, thankfully, until the next update which was the Golden Years. Which meant that the reindeer glitch was around for almost a month. FM/ EA management must have been soooo angry.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

Off topic. Karen, 3 months without a day off? Wow. I'd burn out after a month tbh.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

animagif wrote:Off topic. Karen, 3 months without a day off? Wow. I'd burn out after a month tbh.
Oh, yeah, if ever I wanted LP to turn MY OWN clock back, it would be start 2014 all over again - actually would like to go back to August 2013. My bookkeeping twin at HQ died very suddenly (one of those heart attacks where death is the first symptom you have a problem). She was 5 years younger than me, we had the same birthday and we both started working the same week - her in CT and me in FL. It was horrible. And knowing what we know now (for women, often the first sign of an impending heart attack is upset stomach - if you haven't eaten anything weird recently and you have nausea for seemingly no reason - be aware it could be cardiac related, not gastrointestinal... get checked out, call 911, better safe than sorry.)

After that things got crazy, twice the work load, nobody at HQ knew how to do the intercompany stuff she did with me, then the server crashed on 1/10/14, our IT guy landed in the hospital from stress induced cardiac issues when he found out that our backup system had apparently been failing for over a year and all we had was a bunch of formatted tapes with no data... We had to find a local IT guy to help us and he sent the server drives to Houston to try to do data recovery - 4 weeks later we get them back with 70% of our data back, but 15% of that damaged and unusable - had to rebuild 38 general ledgers - some of them lost August 2013 - January 2014, some lost all the way back to February 2013 (and it figures the two BIGGEST ones, with the most data to re-input, lost the most - of course!)

In the middle of all that it's tax season and I'm rebuilding ledgers as fast as I can to get them closed for our tax guys (14 hour work days, 1 hour commute twice a day, 5 hours of sleep, 7 days a week) - so they hired a new bookkeeper in MY office - which would have been great, but talk about baptism by fire - we just threw ledgers and statements at her and said "figure this out, it needs to be rebuilt" and she got no orientation at all. THEN my CPA, that I rely on for everything for my boss, his family and their companies, especially while all of this crap was going on, landed in the ER having emergency quadruple bypass - he was having a heart attack and didn't know it - just felt weird, and his wife thought he "looked funny" so she dragged him to the ER a week before tax day. He's younger than me, too. Thankfully HE's going to be OK and hopefully will get to go back to work next month.

Easter weekend was the first weekend I stayed home and didn't drag home files and ledgers and statements to work on at home. I didn't log on to the network (well, once, to test my new router - because we had issues signing on last week and had to tweak some things). I played with my SFP Sims for 2 whole days (and then sent them back to hibernating last night). I watched 3 movies and read 2 books and slept past 5 am 3 days in a row :) Even finished reinstalling my Sims 3 on my new laptop and played with them a little bit (but I find SFP so much easier - Sims 3 is harder than Sims or Sims 2 - I'm almost tempted to go back and dig out the old games and see if I can get THOSE installed instead. Oh, I should have put my Sims Medieval back on! I never got to finish that one and it was fun! I have Dragon Valley for Sims 3, but haven't added that in yet. Was thinking of recreating my SFP people for my Sims 3, and my Charlie Weasley could really be a dragon keeper instead of a fire fighter :) At least in Sims 3 I don't have to kill them off to do stuff, but I miss talking to people on this forum. The Sims 3 / EA forums just aren't as much fun.

Just gotta keep on truckin' (or Simmin') as the case may be!
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

I think I'm getting a cardiac arrest just reading that. :lol: That is insane Karen. I'm glad you're ok and powering through.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.