Re track on yesterday's pos

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Baltimore21224
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re track on yesterday's pos

Post by Baltimore21224 »

I will start off with be very honest and saying I am doing this blind ( as I don't know if this will help or hurt the situation further). Forgive me I am on my IPad and don't know how to copy and. Paste some quotes from my part statements or others. If I mis speak it is not un purpose.

Ok here we go...

Yesterday I did indeed post save your sims, free LPs. I was happy as I truly thought either this was a glitch or an olive branch from EA to soften the blow of the update.

Before the thread was removed someone warned me that I may still get charged.... I never thought that when I happily kept spinning those fruit things for LPs.

This morning I received a warning and I was not mad because although we talk and share our love for the sims, we don't know each other or if we are honest upstanding people. Perturbee has a hard job trying to weed out those who will respect this forum and those who will go out of their way to be dishonest and cause issues.

I was not upset that my post was removed, I was hurt that I was not taken aside ( Private Message) to hear why and how the post came about before I was given a warning. I politely answered the warning and said I was charged ( a bit over 13.00). I was going to post that in the " save your sims, free LPs" thread this morning but it was already removed. So thank you to the person who told me to watch out I may still be charged. Had I not been warned I would not have checked the credit card I keep on file for in app purchases.

Perturbee did tell me that there is a glitch/ mess up where the charge does not show up in game but you card still is billed. So please no one else make the mistake I did.

So if anyone thinks I was trying to post against forum rules, I'm hear to say I honestly was not.

It's taken an hour to try and figure what to say, how to say it and convey my reason for the post with out sounding negative or accusing to others. I will be honest I'm not sure I've done justice and accomplished that or made it worse and
angered some.

I will say I respect this forum it's people and Perturbee. I understand she hard job managing all of us and the occasional rule breakers.

Please don't take anything I've said negatively. I'm not always good at wording how I hear what I want to say and put to to paper.

I love coming in here and sharing my love for the sims and hearing your as well.

To anyone who may have been offended yesterday....my full apologies to all of you.
Game Center: Baltimore21224

My new game is pre life dreams. I'll play this way until auto age in disabled.
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Re track on yesterday's pos

Post by Akmawmaw »

Thanks for your thoughtful post, Baltimore. I can appreciate it may have been hard to write. We all make mistakes. I've seen other posts on here made in haste that have ended up getting taken down. Can't speak for anyone else, but I never thought you were trying to post against rules. Try to shake it off and chalk it up to lessons learned!
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

Seconded. I once put a rather political rant on here that I beat myself on the head over when I read it back. It's tempting to clutch at straws when we're feeling challenged and this update has proved taxing to the majority of us. Hug.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
MonkeyHandsLuke
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MonkeyHandsLuke »

I'm glad you updated us all on the matter, and you was in fact charged for the LPL :) We all make mistakes :) Take it as a lesson learnt and be careful:)

I honestly believe you had good intentions and tried to help others, but many people wouldn't have realised it would've been digital theft should it of been a glitch and exploited. I'm glad Perturbee takes drastic action against hackers/exploits! she is just looking out for us Simmers, her forum and herself and it's really not worth anyone getting in trouble for!
144Vaux
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by 144Vaux »

Keep smiling :)
GC Id: 144Vaux
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Thank you for your post, Baltimore, explaining everything. :) It took a lot of guts. And to me it's obvious that at the time you didn't realize what you did was wrong. As others have said, we all make mistakes. :) So no worries... *hugs*
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

I want to add my "No worries!" comment to your post. It was really clear to me when you posted originally that you were not doing anything intentional, and that you were excited, for good reason. I'm sorry you've felt guilty! I'm the same way; I tend to think I should understand everything and not make mistakes. Yeah. Right. As though that is possible.

So thanks for the gutsy thread, and know that there are many hugs coming your way. :D
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
Ann Sims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Ann Sims »

I agree - sometimes its hard to tell the difference between an allowable glitch and a cheat and you were just sharing in hopes of helping. I dont play any more and wont until / if they change it back to a nice game again. But if I were interested in playing Id use every glitch and "honest" cheat I could find. EA and FM code a game that only those with unlimited LP can enjoy.

Hugs. :P

ps - I check in here hoping to see that the game I loved is back.