Revolting Tips: Concrete ways to protest Death Update:

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Revolting Tips: Concrete ways to protest Death Update:

Post by Lenny »

It's not just an ios game. So please: Give one star ratings and reviews also on other venues like the Google play store or Amazon if you play on android or kindle.
Last edited by Lenny on 25 Mar 2014, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

I forgot to mention: Apple's Top Charts take active-use of the app into consideration - not just downloads and ratings. So play less if you're on ios :D

If you are playing, no judgment. We all need our gaming fix :ugeek:

Right now, on Apple's top chart for free apps, SFP is at #143. I never checked SFP's rankings before this week. Is that a drop from where they're usually at?
Lenny wrote:Uts nit just an ios game. So: Give one star ratings and reviews on other the Google play store or amazon if you play on android or kindle.
Good point!
Almira
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Almira »

Yes, the update stinks, but I’m not feeling powerless. Here’s my plan… I will keep playing my non-updated game and take note of every single advertiser! Then I will write the president of each of those companies and tell them how terrible I feel that some grim reaper killed off my mom and dad I had in my sims game, along with all my family and friends. Their support of EA games is now a horrible mistake and they need to force EA to stop the automatic death in the Sims Freeplay game that has become a personal and beloved part of gamers lives. An advertiser’s association is now associated with death!

If everyone will write a letter, email, YouTube, etc… Watch it change!!!

I believe and declare, we are not powerless.
Not updating -ever-
GC Woolie girl
HFN - building it now
GHunting- labeled H
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

I've emailed the following:

paul@appgamer.net

Editor@148apps.com

Editor@gamezebo.net

Tips@toucharcade.com

These are app review sites but they also report gaming news.

Unfortunately, at the moment, the big news is Facebook's 2 billion dollar acquisition of Oculus
But perhaps they'll give this a look as well.

If anyone wants, I can post a sample of the email I wrote them.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

I read through the german comments on the play store this morning. There were a lot people giveing wel phrased and explained negative comments about the update but each followed a bunch of five star reviews which did not say much more then "great game" anf even this ever so often in horrible grammar and spelling. That made me wonder if they fake ratings in order to keep them high on stars.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

Lenny wrote:I read through the german comments on the play store this morning. There were a lot people giveing wel phrased and explained negative comments about the update but each followed a bunch of five star reviews which did not say much more then "great game" anf even this ever so often in horrible grammar and spelling. That made me wonder if they fake ratings in order to keep them high on stars.
It does make you wonder doesn't it? I don't know the answer but I have read elsewhere that sometimes people are paid to post positive reviews on things. You'd think there'd be some anti fraud system in place.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Akmawmaw wrote:It does make you wonder doesn't it? I don't know the answer but I have read elsewhere that sometimes people are paid to post positive reviews on things. You'd think there'd be some anti fraud system in place.
I once saw a tv report about people who get paid by publishers to positively review their books on amazon or by hotels to review them on travel sites so I wouldn't put it beyound FM to do the same. Personally I never care about reviews which just state "I like it" or "I dislike it". I only read reviews which give reasons and explanations. Hope that others do the same.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Lenny wrote:
Akmawmaw wrote:It does make you wonder doesn't it? I don't know the answer but I have read elsewhere that sometimes people are paid to post positive reviews on things. You'd think there'd be some anti fraud system in place.
I once saw a tv report about people who get paid by publishers to positively review their books on amazon or by hotels to review them on travel sites so I wouldn't put it beyound FM to do the same. Personally I never care about reviews which just state "I like it" or "I dislike it". I only read reviews which give reasons and explanations. Hope that others do the same.
That's why I like iTunes with their "was this helpful" yes and no options. I've been clicking no to generic "I love it" comments, and yes on actual descriptions of what is going on with this update.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

I just wanted to also say that Perturbee's forum has also kept me playing the game longer. It made it more fun. I never would have figured some things out in time to finish quests in the allotted time. The pet glitch and the reindeer glitches still warm my heart every day I play. I also have met all you nice people, even if it is just online.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by salsarush »

mudgenie wrote:I just wanted to also say that Perturbee's forum has also kept me playing the game longer. It made it more fun. I never would have figured some things out in time to finish quests in the allotted time. The pet glitch and the reindeer glitches still warm my heart every day I play. I also have met all you nice people, even if it is just online.
The same for me.
@Marta from Italy@
GC: salsarush
Pet Farm: Volcano View