Pet item question!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Tigiana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Pet item question!

Post by Tigiana »

katgames wrote:I think the rate they find treasure, and the quality of that treasure is directly related to attention. However the star deal is bogus.
I have 3 dogs and 2 cats and have noticed something similar. I think the rate is definitely related to attention but the quality is loosely related to the pet's price. I haven't noticed any clear differences between houses with a lot of pet items vs. houses with only few, but my Dalmatian seemed to perk up a bit when he finally got a dog house and feeding bowls, but I'm not sure (and that's why I started this thread).

All my pets are showered with attention and are finding treasure so often I can't even decorate houses without constant interruptions (not that I mind!), but my Dalmatian (2 stars, 25 lps) and Black Cat (2 stars, 30 lps) are the ones who most often find 125 or 50 simoleons. There's a noticeable difference in the quality of treasure when compared to my other pets... and yes, these two are my most expensive pets.

I don't think I've ever seen them dig up 1 simoleon, but my Greyhound (1 star, 5 lps) often digs up 1 or 5 simoleons. It's the only pet I've seen dig up 1 simoleon, and the overall quality of treasure is lower. Interestingly, he's my cheapest pet... and the only 1-star pet I have. But there's no difference in frequency because he's getting as much attention as the other pets.

The Siamese and Golden Retriever (both 2 stars, 22 lps) are somewhere in the middle when it comes to the quality of treasure. The difference between Goldie and Dalmatian is quite small, but it is there. The difference between Black and Siamese is more pronounced, but so is their price difference!

(While writing this, Cleopatra (my Siamese) wanted to prove me wrong and found 125 simoleons! :lol: )

In a previous game that I had to reset because the neighbor update messed it up, I noticed a clear difference in the quality of treasure between a Maine Coon (2 stars, 18 lps) and Toyger (2 stars, 25 lps), but not in the frequency. Again, this correlates with their price!

All my pets have found LPs and I have no idea which ones are the best at it. It's a rare thing for every pet.

But, to make things more confusing, I've noticed a slight drop in the quality of treasure if no sim has been interacting with the pet for a while... but I'm not sure if this is a real correlation or a mere coincidence.
My black cat Shadow will dig up 125 Simemoleans and LP frequently. The three star ones are good and quite sweet but Shadow is the true hunter. My Siamese is just special. She tries bless her heart and she gets rewarded but she never finds much. My Husky is also very good.
Now this is interesting! So, you've noticed a similar thing between the Black and Siamese as I have, but did I understand correctly, you also have 3-star cats and Shadow is finding better quality treasure than they are? Now this is interesting, because it would prove there's something more to the quality of treasure than just the price...

Hmm... if I was geeky enough, I'd record the treasure my different pets find and make some statistics... :geek:
"Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child."

~ Ron Wild ~
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Since I moved Kitty's (still unnamed orange kitty) scratching post and he/she has been able to play with it, Kitty has been hunting more often. I have toddler Molly play with both pets a couple of times a day, they seem to find bigger treasures right after that.
Attachments
Kitty using scratching post after I moved it (call over action)
Kitty using scratching post after I moved it (call over action)
Kitty using his/her bed for first time (autonomous action)
Kitty using his/her bed for first time (autonomous action)
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Tigiana wrote:
katgames wrote:My black cat Shadow will dig up 125 Simemoleans and LP frequently. The three star ones are good and quite sweet but Shadow is the true hunter. My Siamese is just special. She tries bless her heart and she gets rewarded but she never finds much. My Husky is also very good.
Now this is interesting! So, you've noticed a similar thing between the Black and Siamese as I have, but did I understand correctly, you also have 3-star cats and Shadow is finding better quality treasure than they are? Now this is interesting, because it would prove there's something more to the quality of treasure than just the price...

Hmm... if I was geeky enough, I'd record the treasure my different pets find and make some statistics... :geek:

This is exactly what I'm saying. Price seems to have nothing to do with it.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Post by nogard0 »

id like to,see stats on pets and treasure !
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

nogard0 wrote:id like to,see stats on pets and treasure !
I'd like to see stats on a dog and cat together in one household as opposed to having only one. Seems to me they sorta get into competing.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

katgames wrote:
I'd like to see stats on a dog and cat together in one household as opposed to having only one. Seems to me they sorta get into competing.
They also seem to compete with ghost- and design- treasures. Pets are running more in a house with busy ghosthunters :) Ghosts and design balloons also count for the goal to find ten treasures.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Tigiana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tigiana »

katgames wrote:This is exactly what I'm saying. Price seems to have nothing to do with it.
Ok! Just had to make sure I got it right, because in my experience, the more expensive pets do seem to find a bit better quality treasure. But I don't have any 3-star pets so I have less experience than you. Also, I vaguely remember someone (at the FM forum) saying the same thing, that 3-star pets aren't any better.
I'll give it a try! I created a little excel spreadsheet where I'll record the treasure found by my pets. I'll have a long weekend break from work starting tomorrow so I'll have time to play at home. Just bought one more dog, so I have 4 dogs and 2 cats (probably will buy one more cat though, but can't afford a 3-star one). If someone with more pets wants to do the same, I totally won't mind, it would be great! :mrgreen:
"Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child."

~ Ron Wild ~
Tigiana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tigiana »

I've been recording the treasure found by my pets and noticed a small but clear difference between my Greyhound and the rest of the pets. To find out if the difference was due to star rating, I had to buy yet another 1-star pet, so I bought the British Shorthair. (What a perfect excuse to buy one more cat: I did it for science! :mrgreen: )

Annd yep: 1-star pets have found treasure between 1-100 simoleons while the 2-star ones have found between 2-125 simoleons. I wonder if 3-star pets have higher minimums and maximums? Can any 3-star pet owner confirm this?

Averages, however, are a different story. They seem to have little to do with price. This is the average simoleon treasure found by my pets (list ordered by pet's price and treasure rounded to the nearest integer):
- Greyhound 20
- British Shorthair 39 :shock:
- German Shepherd 17
- Golden Retriever 25
- Siamese 17
- Dalmatian 27
- Black 13

So my 1-star, 6 LP cat is the best treasure hunter out there. It has also found the most LPs, Greyhound being the second!

BUT my 1-star pets have different living conditions than the other ones. They are living together in a haunted house with a lot of paranormal investigations going on.

Also, my Siamese found 17 simoleons on average, while the more expensive Black found 13. The difference is, my Siamese is living in the Simville Knitting Club's house, while the Black isn't getting any fashion activity.

In conclusion, my little study wasn't entirely scientific, because the pets have different living conditions, but its findings do confirm this:
ErinPW wrote:
katgames wrote:I'd like to see stats on a dog and cat together in one household as opposed to having only one. Seems to me they sorta get into competing.
They also seem to compete with ghost- and design- treasures. Pets are running more in a house with busy ghosthunters :) Ghosts and design balloons also count for the goal to find ten treasures.
I wonder what would happen if I moved my most expensive pets, the Dalmatian and Black, in the haunted house... would I be getting LOTS of treasure?

Also, an interesting observation related to this: The Greyhound was living alone in the haunted house. The maximum treasure it had found was 50. When the British Shorthair moved in, the Greyhound started finding 100 simoleon treasure and the 1-star cat became my best treasure hunter!

~ Ron Wild ~
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I have the British Shorthair and a lab living together. I have found the same. That is one competitive little kitty. The lab doesn't seem to accept the challenge laid down by the cat. Soon as I tap on that house, he immediately heads for his food bowl. Honestly he looks like he is gaining pixels.

They are not in my haunted house, but they do live with two ghosthunters who occasionally practice at home.
Last edited by telemwill on 11 Oct 2013, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Tigiana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tigiana »

^ Your lab is obviously more laid back than my Greyhound who accepted the challenge! ;)

But yeah, the British Shorthair seems to be one competitive kitty. Hmm... now I'm tempted to buy one more to give my German a compet... I mean companion. :mrgreen:

~ Ron Wild ~