Saving one senior sim

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
mrdoggie94
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Saving one senior sim

Post by mrdoggie94 »

With this new update, I want to save a certain senior sim to unlock Quilting hobby level 6. How to save that one senior sim from dying? I'm fine with the other sims (adults,teens,children,toddlers) dying. I just want to save that one senior sim for the quilting hobby. I don't want that senior sim to die. I need to complete the quilting collection for the first time.
TanyaLeone
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Saving one senior sim

Post by TanyaLeone »

use the orbs from the sims you allow to die to pause the ageing.
mrdoggie94
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by mrdoggie94 »

But how many orbs? I need to save a senior sim. I only have 2 senior sims. All the others are toddlers, preteens, teens, and adults...
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mrdoggie94 wrote:But how many orbs? I need to save a senior sim. I only have 2 senior sims. All the others are toddlers, preteens, teens, and adults...
Second hand "knowlege":
As I read, you can halt ageing for 7 days with an orb, or reset the life cycle with LPs. If a senior-Cycle is 9 days, you'll have to pay 10 LPs for further 9 days being alive.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Apparently one platinum orb will stop aging indefinitely.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

telemwill wrote:Apparently one platinum orb will stop aging indefinitely.
Yes, but to get the platinum orb you need to get an initial bronze orb and upgrade it 3 times with completed life quests - hence you need to kill off 4 Sims! :shock: (if I understood correctly)
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

[/quote]
Yes, but to get the platinum orb you need to get an initial bronze orb and upgrade it 3 times with completed life quests - hence you need to kill off 4 Sims! :shock: (if I understood correctly)[/quote]

Interesting the number of Sims who have to go to Belize to produce a platinum orb. So one would have to have say 40 Sims to save 10 of them from aging I guess. Wondered how many it took thanks for posting info :D
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Palmjill wrote:
telemwill wrote:Apparently one platinum orb will stop aging indefinitely.
Yes, but to get the platinum orb you need to get an initial bronze orb and upgrade it 3 times with completed life quests - hence you need to kill off 4 Sims! :shock: (if I understood correctly)
Yes, that's the way I'm understanding it too. Still not sure if one Sim can level up the orb more than once if you start them young. Haven't heard anyone say they have done it.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Sadly, Nope they can't. Check out the FM link. Only one upgrade per life cycle.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1445
A: Life Orbs will progress in the following order when they are upgraded each time a Sim fulfills a Life Dream:

Bronze
Silver
Gold
Platinum (Pauses aging indefinitely - click here for more info!)
Note that Sims will only ever have one Life Dream that they are able to fulfil in their lifetime, so Life Orbs are only able to be upgraded ONCE per the Life Cycle of each Sim.

If a Sim does not fulfil their Life Dream during their lifetime, their Life Orb will NOT be upgraded to the next level.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)