And if we don't update...?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: And if we don't update...?

Post by katgames »

I think eventually they will force us to update. You can't get into your game. But maybe they will rethink some things first. I for now, have no plans to update until forced.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

I started a new game on a new device just over a week ago. Yesterday when I tried to visit a neighbour's town I was told that the neighbour was playing a newer version of SFP. As this neighbour has a deer park, which is my main source of simoleans and LP, I was forced to update. Seems to me that if you want to visit neighbours who have updated you have to also update.
Incidentally, I don't think that the reindeers are being so generous with LP's but that just be my paranoia!
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

Minima wrote:Cautionary note: For folks who haven't updated yet...

An hour ago, Someone posted on fb that their game automatically updated after they clicked on the survey notice and completed the survey. The post didn't say what kind of device they were using.

After I ignored the 'update now' notices a couple of times, the survey notice is now the one that appears each time I log in. I've completed them in the past but have resisted since the update went 'live' (bit of a misnomer).

I'm unsure how much credence to attach to this , or even if it is technically possible to force an update this way, but I intend to err on the side of caution.
Wow, minima! I wonder if this could be true? Or if that person had not turned off auto update and it was coincidental? I do know they can change things within the game without an update and when you save via party boat or otherwise, those changes automatically happen but I was not aware they could force an update surreptitiously. I've answered that survey numerous times so I'll just err on the side of caution and X it out from now on.
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SheilaB »

penlopej wrote:I started a new game on a new device just over a week ago. Yesterday when I tried to visit a neighbour's town I was told that the neighbour was playing a newer version of SFP. As this neighbour has a deer park, which is my main source of simoleans and LP, I was forced to update. Seems to me that if you want to visit neighbours who have updated you have to also update.
Incidentally, I don't think that the reindeers are being so generous with LP's but that just be my paranoia!
I was playing my daughter's updated game trying to get her more LPs from a neighbor's reindeer farm and I thought the drop rate for LPs was greatly reduced.
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

SheilaB wrote:
penlopej wrote:I started a new game on a new device just over a week ago. Yesterday when I tried to visit a neighbour's town I was told that the neighbour was playing a newer version of SFP. As this neighbour has a deer park, which is my main source of simoleans and LP, I was forced to update. Seems to me that if you want to visit neighbours who have updated you have to also update.
I was playing my daughter's updated game trying to get her more LPs from a neighbor's reindeer farm and I thought the drop rate for LPs was greatly reduced.

wow! so its not just me, I spent about 45 minutes going back and forth in a neighbors deer farm and didnt get a single LP! not even from exiting and re-entering the area! how can they do that if the game isnt updated? im so annoyed.
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

SheilaB wrote:
Not surprised to hear this. They took away the pet glitch but couldn't take away our extra reindeer so guess this was their way of reducing our source of LPs.

And I'm sure they can adjust the rate of LP drops even without us updating :P
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

Palmjill wrote:
SheilaB wrote:
Not surprised to hear this. They took away the pet glitch but couldn't take away our extra reindeer so guess this was their way of reducing our source of LPs.

i wasnt aware of that. i guess theyve silently tweaked it then. ugh! im trying to collect as many as possible before the impending doom hits my town! I dont wanna give them up yet. sheesh. im not gonna update for as long as possible, but I still wanna do what I can. I just got into this game. :(
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SheilaB »

Palmjill wrote:
SheilaB wrote:

Yes, I noticed the same reduced LP drop while I was visiting a neighbor in my own non-updated game.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

I think it's good to locate neighbors who do not plan to update until forced. That way you have people to visit. You can find plenty of folks. I just didn't sign up for a game where all the control, aging, life goals choices, etc were decided by Firemonkeys. I started playing a game where I got to make all the decisions --the hobby, job, color of hair, etc, design the house, when they work and when they hobby and so on... Now much of that choice is gone. So really it's like a completely different game. Maybe I will play it and maybe I won't but I'm putting it off as long as possible. I also know I will never ever play another Sims game. This is it, when this ends, that's it for me. They blew it in my opinion.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

When I started playing SFP I was in control, I could make all the choices.
And I love that in a game. Now I'm forced to play the way FM wants me to.
Not to long ago I started a new SFP game, just to check out all the new quests and changes.
And I couldn't play it. Almost every time you level up, you get a timed quest. Before you could choose to build whatever community lot you wanted, get sims married, have toddlers, without going through a quest line.Now everything needs to be unlocked and FM decides when and how.
That is not a game I want to play.

Testing out the new update to see if I can play it on my terms.
For now my main game will not be updated, so I can play the way I like to play.