Life Dreams Update!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Dana Anderson-James

Life Dreams Update!

Post by Dana Anderson-James »

On March 13, 2014 they will be releasing a new update.

1. Personalities will be back (2 of them)
2. New community lots (beach, arcade)
3. Death
4. Self age

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBgR6JKNyP4
More Details: http://www.androidcentral.com/death-com ... s-freeplay
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Life Dreams Update!

Post by Debbilu_7 »

...not sure how I feel about this...we will be able to pause aging and death but then we won't get the life orbs to build the beach or arcade??
Updated town info in profile
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Is this for real?

I like the new locations of course, but why can't they just give them to us?!
I'm not liking all this talk of death and "life orbs" - which sounds like just another form on in-game currency (as if simoleans, LP and SP wasn't enough!)

To unlock stuff you have to first kill your sims?! - Don't like the sound of that.
And the only other reward seems to be XP, but unless they add a lot more levels to the game, this is meaningless as far as I'm concerned (will be on level 53 in a few days).

I predict a lot of players will stop playing the game after this.
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

I like the idea that we can take our Sims to the beach and an arcade!! Yaaay!! And I like the whole idea of the life goals like in the PC game! But I don't like the idea that one of our Sims has to die for us to get these new community lots. And how long is that going to take? As long as the whole monuments and resources thing?? And when we update, is it just the new personalities that we will be getting right away? Am I understanding this correctly?

Well I really, really hope that at the very least they reduced the agonizingly loooong hours for the seniors hobbies. And that it will be possible for other adults to participate in the quilting and bird feeding hobby but that might be asking too much.

To be honest I don't know how I feel about this new update... I am excited we are getting a new update next week. But our Sims have to die ... I am excited we are getting some new community lots that we've been wanting for a long time but we can't have the new lots until one of our Sims die ....
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
Simmer1
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simmer1 »

I want the beach and arcade but I don't want to kill any of my Sims. Is it just me or does it seem like the game is winding down? First old age and now death. Are they trying to tell us something? :lol:
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

So let me get this right:

You have to assign one of two personaliies to a sim. It doesn't say if you can change the personality of an existing sim. Hopefully it won't just be limited to new sims you create, or else you'll likely have to delete some first before you can even start to get these "life dreams".

Sims need to complete their life dreams before they die (otherwise you won't get any benefit from them).

You then need to turn them into a senior, which costs 5LP each time for the cake (which takes 24hours to bake). (Sims will lose their job and hobby if you age them).

Then you have to do loads of little actions to get the sim to the point of death. - I imagine it will be like the resources - people will start having their seniors start to spin and out of their swimsuit just so they can "age" (and eventually "die").

And you'll probably have to do this to a number of sims before you have enough "life orbs" to unlock the new locations.

Even assuming there aren't any more quests (which is unlikely), this is all going to take a very, very long time.

I'll wait and see how it turns out, but I'm thinking this might the point at which I abandon the game and start something else instead.
In fact, I'm not even sure I'll bother updating... for what little you get, it really isn't worthwhile.
Simmer1
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simmer1 »

I'm completely against the idea of my Sims dying. I hate that they're going to age every time we complete an action. I hope the means by which the aging process is paused can be applied to all Sims and that it doesn't cost real money. I can live without the beach and arcade so I won't be updating any time soon.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I am usually excited about new updates. I am definitely not excited about this at all. This sounds worse than the seniors and the monuments combined. I wish for the good ol' SFP days before the mystery island update.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by EileenK98 »

I was hoping the seniors would be able to do more stuff. Dying wasn't it, though.
Have to wait and see how this works out, but it doesn't sound too promising. I like the idea of having a beach and an arcade--but not if I have to kill off my Sims to do it.
New town, new Sims!

Haunted House: 2 East Oceanside
Library: 1 Museum Boulevard
Spa: 2 Museum Boulevard
The Winchesters' Bunker: 3 Eastside
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

I have very mixed feelings about this update. Sounds like they used the results of the survey to create the beach and arcade places which is great. But I don't want to kill my sims to suck the life energy out of them like a cyber vampire to open the beach. We'll probably have to purchase the orbs if we don't want to murder our sims and we'll probably have to spend money to keep the sim reaper at bay.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update