Life Dreams Update!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Life Dreams Update!

Post by calleighwolfe »

I wasn't sure where to post this so here I go xD. One of my toddlers lost both her parents (which is weird 'cause her grandpa is still alive o_O), so she's been taken care of for a single Sim and I just saw the option "Ask to adopt" and she adopted her!! It's so awesome :D
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

calleighwolfe wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this so here I go xD. One of my toddlers lost both her parents (which is weird 'cause her grandpa is still alive o_O), so she's been taken care of for a single Sim and I just saw the option "Ask to adopt" and she adopted her!! It's so awesome :D
That's one good thing in this update :) My social sim Grace adopted her nieces, which have lost their parents just before the toxic barrels appeared in our parks.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Linnea Andersen adopted her two younger siblings when their parents died. She had to be best friends with them first though. Yeah, it is one thing I do like about this update.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

Nice! I think it's good the sim doesn't have to be married to adopt :)
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Anyone know if you can have an updated game and a non-updated game on the same device under 2 different GC accounts? I have thought about starting a new updated game just to see what it is like. Admittedly it will take me a while to work my way up till death begins. I am not ready to update my primary game however, so I thought a test game might be a good idea.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

mudgenie wrote:Anyone know if you can have an updated game and a non-updated game on the same device under 2 different GC accounts? I have thought about starting a new updated game just to see what it is like. Admittedly it will take me a while to work my way up till death begins. I am not ready to update my primary game however, so I thought a test game might be a good idea.
In short, no. There are very difficult ways of achieving it, but it''s the equivalent of swapping your PC's hard disks to play two versions.
You're much better off getting a cheap second hand device and download your cloud saved game on an updated version. (If you want to play that one and keep the original one safe). You only need to make sure never to save with both devices to the cloud, you might end up being unable to restore the correct version if something goes wrong.
The best way is once downloaded, save on another FB account. :)
Nava45
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nava45 »

Once I am forced to finish the life and death quest, I will send my sims into hibernation. I'm pretty adept at this, I go on hiatus for SFP every so often. The two sims I am supposed to kill will be randomly created. I will not let my sims die.
My poor sims....
Hey, I'm a experienced simmer (for Freeplay) who has been playing the game since it began! ]
Today: I'm excited for the update, maybe add a graveyard so we can remember our sims and a permanent pause button for aging.

GC: dovepool
FB: No Seratu
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

It's better to just let your sims idle if you won't be playing for a while, because hibernation ages them. After being idle for about a week or so without playing, they will all be inspired when you open your game again.
Minion Sim
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Minion Sim »

I can see people are divided with this life dreams update. For me, I love it. It's given a time element to things when before it was all just static. It has encouraged me to get more involved with my sims and given me a feeling of accomplishment when they get closer to their goals. It keeps the game fresh as sims come and go. Just like real life (except pets don't live forever in real life)
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

Minion Sim wrote:I can see people are divided with this life dreams update. For me, I love it. It's given a time element to things when before it was all just static. It has encouraged me to get more involved with my sims and given me a feeling of accomplishment when they get closer to their goals. It keeps the game fresh as sims come and go. Just like real life (except pets don't live forever in real life)
For me, I think the time element is one of the things that annoys me the most. I don't like feeling rushed and pressed to do life dreams tasks instead of the casual sort of play that I had become accustomed to. I also dislike having to use LP to keep certain sims the age I want them to be, instead of hoarding them and using them for other things. I guess what bothers me the most is the loss of control over what goes on in my town...I play to relax and design buildings, and my sims are all characters I made up long before I started simming...so I'm not really interested in keeping the game "fresh".

That being said, I'm don't think my negative feelings about the update are as passionate as some players. When as sim "dies", I just remake it as an adult and start over with relationships and hobbies. No big deal. The reaper doesn't bother me either, but I rarely see him because I tend to kill off my sims with LP as soon as they age to seniors...I typically finish their life dream during the adult phase anyhow.