Lp/Skipping goal dilemma. What would you do?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Lp/Skipping goal dilemma. What would you do?

Post by Delphine »

blackbrit wrote:My Sims seem to go back to level 1 in hobbies and in professions if they make a change, even if I change them back immediately. So I, too, follow the strategy of a an unemployed Sim. In fact, I think I have four now who are "unemployed." That is, they are doing better with hobbies and planting, so I keep them free for goals!
I think it is a pity to keep unemployéd sims :| .
The sims go back to level 1 in hobbies, that's right but they just lose one level in professions ;) , so they go back to level 4/5.
My advice is to use scientists to bécome politiciens/firemen/whatever is needed for the goal as they can switch back to level 6 as scientists in three hours by playing chess in the park :D .
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Tigiana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tigiana »

Delphine wrote:I think it is a pity to keep unemployéd sims :| .
It's true that careers are a good way to earn both money and XP. However, it depends on the career. Compared to some jobs, unemployment isn't THAT bad. For example, a top level scientist earns about 125 simoleons and 144 XP per hour. Onions give you about 171 simoleons and 129 XP per hour. So when my employed sims go to work, my unemployed ones will spend the next 7 hours planting onions. That way they can support themselves and no welfare is needed! Also, their "work" hours are much more flexible, as I can make them plant onions whenever I wish.

Besides, if I use the unemployed sims for career tasks, they don't have to spend the next hours leveling back up in their original careers... they can spend the same amount of time doing hobbies, which is much more profitable. Also, they are useful for completing long (12-24 hour) tasks because they don't have to skip work in order to do so. Skipping work doesn't hurt of course, but I feel a little naughty whenever I make an employed sim skip work.

Another reason I keep unemployed sims is storytelling. All my sims have a personality and a background story. One of my unemployed sims is a white trash bad boy, the other is his airheaded girlfriend, one is a vampire who hates everyone, and one is a free-spirited rocker guy who never commits to anything so he does a lot of job and hobby hopping (I won't employ him as a musician because the work hours don't suit me). Unemployment simply suits these people. If I was playing to maximize profits, I'd have everyone employed as athletes. 8-)

The sims go back to level 1 in hobbies, that's right but they just lose one level in professions ;) , so they go back to level 4/5.
My advice is to use scientists to bécome politiciens/firemen/whatever is needed for the goal as they can switch back to level 6 as scientists in three hours by playing chess in the park :D .
Thank you, these tips are very useful! I wish I had known earlier that sims lose only one level if they change careers... it would have saved me the 5 LPs I used for skipping a goal!

Also, let me add that if you don't have enough scientist sims for this, your next bet would be the politicians. They can level back with 15 minute sessions on the soap box. And the poor scientist sims trying to focus on chess in the park will have to listen to the politicians' speeches... :lol:
"Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child."

~ Ron Wild ~
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Post by nogard0 »

i have noticed (at least in past) that NOT letting a sim finish a new hobby does NOT kill the old ones progress.
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

nogard0 wrote:i have noticed (at least in past) that NOT letting a sim finish a new hobby does NOT kill the old ones progress.
I can confirm that that's correct.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.