How to do Family Events with Retired sims

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
mockingbird288z

How to do Family Events with Retired sims

Post by mockingbird288z »

I haven't been able to get the family events to work since I retired my first sim. I have retired sims with the family event bubble but no matter which playable sims I've tried I don't get the option to actually do a family event when I tap on the retired sim.

I've tried with sims that don't have any relationship to the retired sim. I've tried sims that I've already "begun a friendship" with the retired sim. I've tried with sims that were in the same hobby as the retired sim. And I've tried sims that were in the same career as the retired sim. Nothing get's the family event to actually show in the list of actions when tapping on a retired sim (that does have the family event bubble over their head).

What am I doing wrong?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: How to do Family Events with Retired sims

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 21:06 I haven't been able to get the family events to work since I retired my first sim. I have retired sims with the family event bubble but no matter which playable sims I've tried I don't get the option to actually do a family event when I tap on the retired sim.

I've tried with sims that don't have any relationship to the retired sim. I've tried sims that I've already "begun a friendship" with the retired sim. I've tried with sims that were in the same hobby as the retired sim. And I've tried sims that were in the same career as the retired sim. Nothing get's the family event to actually show in the list of actions when tapping on a retired sim (that does have the family event bubble over their head).

What am I doing wrong?
That happened to me too...over and over when Maria retired. I'm only guessing, but had you done several family events with children already the days you tried? I finally got access to the event when I held off on kids for a bit when Pieter retired. It might be the limit to family events kicking in.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 22:21
mockingbird288z wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 21:06 I haven't been able to get the family events to work since I retired my first sim. I have retired sims with the family event bubble but no matter which playable sims I've tried I don't get the option to actually do a family event when I tap on the retired sim.

What am I doing wrong?
That happened to me too...over and over when Maria retired. I'm only guessing, but had you done several family events with children already the days you tried? I finally got access to the event when I held off on kids for a bit when Pieter retired. It might be the limit to family events kicking in.
Thank you! Yes, I had already done several family events with children. I guess it's a glitch then that the family event bubble will show even if we can't actually do them? I will hold off on family events with children and see if that works.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 02:14
SKatF wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 22:21

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you! Yes, I had already done several family events with children. I guess it's a glitch then that the family event bubble will show even if we can't actually do them? I will hold off on family events with children and see if that works.
Let us know how it works out.
mockingbird288z

That was it! I held off doing any family events with children and when a retired sim got one I could actually do it! Thanks!!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 19:47 That was it! I held off doing any family events with children and when a retired sim got one I could actually do it! Thanks!!
Great!