Moving Sims Out/Retiring Early

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Moving Sims Out/Retiring Early

Post by Butterfly »

Is there an heirloom that allows us to retire sims “early”...like if we have unwanted sims? Asking because I did a test creation and there is no way to delete the sim. 😢
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Heirlooms - Music

Post by SKatF »

Butterfly wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 01:13 Is there an heirloom that allows us to retire sims “early”...like if we have unwanted sims? Asking because I did a test creation and there is no way to delete the sim. 😢
Can you only "move out" an unplayable sim? If so, can you make the sim you're stuck with until it ages more appealing by changing appearance, gender and/or name?
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Heirlooms - Music

Post by Butterfly »

Hi SKatF,

Yes, you can definitely change the sim - appearance, gender, and name. However, I have like 7 sims living in 1 house and it’s too crowded - 2 toddlers, 1 baby, and 4 adults 😞...so I just want to love out some of my sims.
mockingbird288z

Re: Moving Sims Out/Retiring Early

Post by mockingbird288z »

I think you can only move out sims you aren't playing with. I don't think there is a way to move out or retire playable sims early. I think, though, that sims are only able to be retired after they get their fourth trait so if you want to retire a sim you can play with them more so they unlock all their available traits and make sure you give them the fourth one as soon as possible.

I started moving out sims that I'm not playing with but are adults to make room for more children so I can still do the family events and get heirloom tickets. I wish the unplayable adults also had family events to do for heirloom tickets.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

How do you give them all 4 traits early without them being unlocked? I can’t seem to fill up the 3rd trait at all and the 4th trait is locked 🔒.
mockingbird288z

You can't. I said, "If you want to retire a sim you can play them more so they unlock all their available traits and make sure you give them the fourth one as soon as possible". Meaning, make sure you are constantly playing with the sim you want to retire (like pop into the game to keep starting them on the shortest action) and then give them the 4th trait immediately after you unlock it and then just keep playing with that sim until you can retire it.

Instead of what I've done with my sims is holding off giving them their 4th trait even after it's unlocked.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:04
Instead of what I've done with my sims is holding off giving them their 4th trait even after it's unlocked.
I have given them the fourth trait, but just refused to retire them. Is there any advantage to not giving them the last trait other than not being constantly bugged that they want to retire? And, I suppose, not worrying about accidentally tapping the wrong button and retiring them when you don't want to.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

mockingbird288z wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:04 You can't. I said, "If you want to retire a sim you can play them more so they unlock all their available traits and make sure you give them the fourth one as soon as possible". Meaning, make sure you are constantly playing with the sim you want to retire (like pop into the game to keep starting them on the shortest action) and then give them the 4th trait immediately after you unlock it and then just keep playing with that sim until you can retire it.

Yes, I read it correctly. I was only asking in general, but I guess there’s no other way.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:36
mockingbird288z wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:04
I have given them the fourth trait, but just refused to retire them. Is there any advantage to not giving them the last trait other than not being constantly bugged that they want to retire? And, I suppose, not worrying about accidentally tapping the wrong button and retiring them when you don't want to.
There's no real advantage and depending on how you look at it it can be considered a disadvantage since you don't have the 4th trait. But I really didn't like being constantly bugged to retire a sim or worrying about accidentally retiring one. I really don't like how fast the game progresses age. And not giving the 4th trait feels like I am taking back a little more control on that.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Very great insight on aging sims. Thanks a bunch 😁 guys.