Problem with writing hobby

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Problem with writing hobby

Post by simmare »

So I just started a Sim in the writing hobby. She's at level 1, 0%. I tap on the writing desk to practice, and all the options are locked, saying they require at least 1 dining chair. My house has 3 dining chairs. What am I doing wrong?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Problem with writing hobby

Post by Thuraya »

simmare wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 04:07 So I just started a Sim in the writing hobby. She's at level 1, 0%. I tap on the writing desk to practice, and all the options are locked, saying they require at least 1 dining chair. My house has 3 dining chairs. What am I doing wrong?
Your Sim must be able to sit at the writing desk, so you should place a chair in front if it.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I have not been able to figure out how to move items once placed. I guess I'm a dummy but I am not finding Sims Mobile intuitive. There are many things I can't figure out how to do. Examples:
Move items in home
Change eye color
Contact someone you made friends with already
How you figure out which sims who wander through belong to people you have friended in game

Are there tutorials anywhere?
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 10:10 I have not been able to figure out how to move items once placed. I guess I'm a dummy but I am not finding Sims Mobile intuitive. There are many things I can't figure out how to do. Examples:
Move items in home
Change eye color
How you figure out which sims who wander through belong to people you have friended in game

I'll try to answer your questions...

To move items you must tap and hold the item, then drag.

When you are in CAS go to Head section, then tap the little eye icon to go to edit eye mode. On the far left of the screen, next to your sim, there are colour swatches. The colour swatches always appear there on the left whether you're changing hair, eye, skin or clothing colours.

You can't actually send messages to your friends in the game. I think this is a bummer. But I suppose people could send inappropriate or abusive messages to other players and it would be difficult to moderate to keep it safe. You can only communicate with other players during parties, in the party chat.

To see who a sim belongs to, when they are wandering around your town, tap on them and a small menu with the sim's name will appear at the bottom left of the screen. Tap the blue head icon on this menu, and it will show the player who made the sim.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Thuraya wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 08:36
simmare wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 04:07 So I just started a Sim in the writing hobby. She's at level 1, 0%. I tap on the writing desk to practice, and all the options are locked, saying they require at least 1 dining chair. My house has 3 dining chairs. What am I doing wrong?
Your Sim must be able to sit at the writing desk, so you should place a chair in front if it.
Took me a while to get the chair placed properly but now it works. Thanks!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

contrarysims wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 10:30
SKatF wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 10:10 I have not been able to figure out how to move items once placed. I guess I'm a dummy but I am not finding Sims Mobile intuitive. There are many things I can't figure out how to do. Examples:
Move items in home
Change eye color

I'll try to answer your questions...

To move items you must tap and hold the item, then drag.

When you are in CAS go to Head section, then tap the little eye icon to go to edit eye mode. On the far left of the screen, next to your sim, there are colour swatches. The colour swatches always appear there on the left whether you're changing hair, eye, skin or clothing colours.

You can't actually send messages to your friends in the game. I think this is a bummer. But I suppose people could send inappropriate or abusive messages to other players and it would be difficult to moderate to keep it safe. You can only communicate with other players during parties, in the party chat.

To see who a sim belongs to, when they are wandering around your town, tap on them and a small menu with the sim's name will appear at the bottom left of the screen. Tap the blue head icon on this menu, and it will show the player who made the sim.
Thanks. I did try press and drag to move and finally got it. It's harder for me in 3D view, I like the 2D floor plan view of SFP better
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 23:04
Thanks. I did try press and drag to move and finally got it. It's harder for me in 3D view, I like the 2D floor plan view of SFP better
Building and decorating is a little difficult to manage. I really dislike how the menu takes up half the screen so you can't see what you're trying to do. Then when you minimise it, it throws you out of the section you were in so you have to click all the way back through again. Ugh.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road