Sims 4 Standard Edition Free

telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Sims 4 Standard Edition Free

Post by telemwill »

The Sims 4 Standard Edition is free on Origin. This offer will expire on May 28, 2019.

I just downloaded it. It seems like a very basic version, but I am enjoying the tutorial. You could always add expansion packs later if you decide you enjoy it.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Sims 4 Standard Edition Free

Post by randy_thrandy »

i'm trying to work out how to get this free offer and i'm failing completely. origin won't let me sign in, it's stating a "sign in failure". :C

now i'm downloading the origin app fow windows or whatever it is, hopefully that will allow me to sign in with my brand new account i made 20 minutes ago.... it's still ''installing the latest version'' and it's taking precisely forever. -.-

i've never actually played any version of sims except freeplay so i'm like ... super interested in how this works but i relaly cann't stay up all night to try and make it WORK properly. do you have any idea what might i be doing wrong? :S
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

okay never you mind, so sorry to be spamming about, i panicked too early, it seems. the origin computer app allowed me to sign in and download the sims 4. hopefully, all goes well....

i do have1 question tho, do you know, does the game remain avaliable even if i would have to, say, wipe my disc and reinstall the whole windows operational system and everything? does the online origin system remember which game you've ''bought'' or in this case gotten for free, so you can download it again on the same computer?
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

randy_thrandy wrote: 27 May 2019, 23:04 okay never you mind, so sorry to be spamming about, i panicked too early, it seems. the origin computer app allowed me to sign in and download the sims 4. hopefully, all goes well....

i do have1 question tho, do you know, does the game remain avaliable even if i would have to, say, wipe my disc and reinstall the whole windows operational system and everything? does the online origin system remember which game you've ''bought'' or in this case gotten for free, so you can download it again on the same computer?
So glad you got it downloaded! And, yes, you should be able to sign into Origin and have all your games available.

My computer crashed just before we moved, and when we got a new one, my Sims 2 game was there waiting.

I will say, I had a difficult time with the Sims 4 tutorial. It got stuck and wouldn't finish. I had to right click on the game in Origin to repair the game. It worked, but it is an incredibly long tutorial. But you get a good starter house.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

thanks for the information!!

i am still unable to sign in into origin on their website but the downloaded origin app seems to work fine, so .. i hope that's the end of it.

i also tried the sims 4 tutorial but balked halfway through bc it just wouldn't ENDDDDD. very tedious. overall, i find the game to be too ... customizy in certain areas and not enough in terms of customizing a sim's looks. :S for example, buidling a home from scratch is a very dull chore, compared to how easily you can set up house in sims freeplay. the walls won't even get painted in entirety?! you have to click on each specific segment to colour it, like a lunatic? :lol:

how are you finding the game? what do you like best?
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

I’ve just found out about this and it’s downloading now. No idea when I’ll have time to sit on my computer and play it (I actually haven’t used my PC in months and had to literally dust it off), but happy to get in on the offer!
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

randy_thrandy wrote: 28 May 2019, 12:39 thanks for the information!!

i am still unable to sign in into origin on their website but the downloaded origin app seems to work fine, so .. i hope that's the end of it.

i also tried the sims 4 tutorial but balked halfway through bc it just wouldn't ENDDDDD. very tedious. overall, i find the game to be too ... customizy in certain areas and not enough in terms of customizing a sim's looks. :S for example, buidling a home from scratch is a very dull chore, compared to how easily you can set up house in sims freeplay. the walls won't even get painted in entirety?! you have to click on each specific segment to colour it, like a lunatic? :lol:

how are you finding the game? what do you like best?
I haven't been brave enough to try building yet. I think right now I like being focused on the one household at a time and having more complete personalities. (Of course, that is true in Sims 2 as well.)

The Sims 4 sims don't seem as dumb as Sims 2 though. I like that they will make choices on their own which seems to help develop their personality.

It is not as developed as Sims 2 in some ways. Haven't had a baby yet, but I think they are crib bound. Even Freeplay babies have more freedom. There is no university expansion as far as I know either.

As for CAS, remember you can download things from the Sim gallery or from Mod the Sims. And this is all free! So you can find lots of different hairstyles and eyecolors, etc. Just be careful to stick to sites like these and read carefully. For example, you may find a house in the gallery you like, but it may have things from an expansion pack you don't own. So you may not get the complete package when you download.

One of the fun things about the PC Sim games is you can use options, cheats and modifications. And this is fine, unlike in Free play. Look on the Sim forums or just Google it to find out the codes. In the game options themselves, you can turn aging off or on, set aging up for shorter or longer periods, turn on or off whims, etc.

Cheats are useful if you need to refill needs guickly, (perhaps to keep social services from taking your child away.) Or to get more money for a household if, for example, you want to create a wealthy family from the get go.

Mods are downloaded and change the way your game works. Be especially careful with these, but don't be afraid to use the established ones if they make things more fun. In fact, the only mod I have now is one that makes more things fun for the Sims. But basically anything that annoys you in the game, there is a mod for it.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Just to add a couple of more hints for those new to PC Sims:

The pause button is your friend. You can pause the game to set up your Sims actions. This helps take care of all those motives.

Save frequently. Especially save when your inexperienced Sim uses the stove! Fires can happen and may kill your Sim. But if something happens you don't like, you can exit without saving, and go back to where you were before.

Only add mods and custom content when you are sure you want and need them. It is good to experience the game as is before adding items. I say this because I went kind of crazy with this in Sims 2.

Don't try to make your Sims too perfect. It can be fun to play with a slob or a snob, especially in the same household.

You don't have to fufill every whim or complete every aspiration. Play however you want and have fun!
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

oh my!! hun, this is so much of useful information, thank you!!!

i've checked out the mods and sim gallery now that you mentioned and i'm completely shook! so much stuff!! awesome! if only the site let me login so i could download it xD there MUST be some ancient curse or something that's just not letting me log in to anything connected to the sims 4 :D

the use of cheat codes and stuff is truly very different than sims freeplay, like, the entire gaming objective is so ... strange. i like it, it has enormous potential but, unfortunately, it seems horribly time consuming. i like sims freeplay bc it's so portable and simple to deal with. ^^

is there any way to make a family, tho? by adding the sims to one household i mean... or do you have to do it oldschool by making two sims get married and try for a baby and all that?
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

randy_thrandy wrote: 28 May 2019, 19:57 oh my!! hun, this is so much of useful information, thank you!!!

i've checked out the mods and sim gallery now that you mentioned and i'm completely shook! so much stuff!! awesome! if only the site let me login so i could download it xD there MUST be some ancient curse or something that's just not letting me log in to anything connected to the sims 4 :D

the use of cheat codes and stuff is truly very different than sims freeplay, like, the entire gaming objective is so ... strange. i like it, it has enormous potential but, unfortunately, it seems horribly time consuming. i like sims freeplay bc it's so portable and simple to deal with. ^^

is there any way to make a family, tho? by adding the sims to one household i mean... or do you have to do it oldschool by making two sims get married and try for a baby and all that?
You can. You need to be in map view. You just click on the residence and you can go back into CAS and add Sims to the household. You can also ask another Sim to move in.