[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

Re: [Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 19:01
Is superbaby's only power that they get a small reduction in time to get things done? Otherwise (lifespan, earnings, hobby and career progress, etc) they are the same?
Pretty much.

They are also "unaffected" by low inspiration. But that just appears to mean that they won't mope around, won't get "Smell"... while they are uninspired. The pop up for it also says they'll earn more XP but for most of us at level 55 that just doesn't matter.
Is this quest like others, where once you complete all goals, you get superbaby and future babies are all super, also? Or does it unlock the superbaby possibility, but each 9 day pregnancy must meet the goal all over again?
Each pregnancy has to meet the goal all over again.
If you miss the superbaby goal the first time, are you locked out forever, so like in some quests, if you miss the prize, you can never get it? Or do you get a new chance with each pregnancy you try?
If you miss the baby bonus the first time it's just that one baby who doesn't have the baby bonus. You'll still have the chance in any subsequent 9 days pregnancies to get a super baby.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad there's really not a penalty if you miss the goal.
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

randy_thrandy wrote: 01 Jul 2018, 15:30

edit: oh my god my sim is just giving birth, i can't believe they actually made a short animation of .. .waht is that, contractions? jesus christ. i was worried the pregnant sim might explode and just ... sort of ... Thankfully enough i only got taken to the costumize-a-baby screen. sheesh. think i'm traumatized now and that's coming from a person who's seen real human give birth up and personal more than once. :shock:
Your edit provided me with much needed laugh thank you very much for turning my frown upside down. :D
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

I quickly went thru this thread and am I correct in thinking that minimum of 26 sims needed? I had to add sims to build maternity store. Funny thing is at first requirement was 22 so I started adding sims. Clicked the store after adding some and the requirement said 16 sims. Now have 17 sims. Hate idea of adding sims as will have to build more houses.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

DiTori wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 22:02 I quickly went thru this thread and am I correct in thinking that minimum of 26 sims needed? I had to add sims to build maternity store. Funny thing is at first requirement was 22 so I started adding sims. Clicked the store after adding some and the requirement said 16 sims. Now have 17 sims. Hate idea of adding sims as will have to build more houses.
You don't need 26 sims to complete the quest.

There is one support task where 13 sims have to give parenting advice to another sim. Having 26 sims saves time because you can do the task in one go. Of course you can also do it with 7 sims giving advice and then another 6 for the next round. That would require a total of 14 sims the first time and 12 the second time.
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

copperwood wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 01:22
You don't need 26 sims to complete the quest.

There is one support task where 13 sims have to give parenting advice to another sim. Having 26 sims saves time because you can do the task in one go. Of course you can also do it with 7 sims giving advice and then another 6 for the next round. That would require a total of 14 sims the first time and 12 the second time.
Thanks for info. I like one go at it if possible so maybe I’ll add sims. It’s challenging enough so every little tip or trick to get thru this is worth a try. Thanks again.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Since yesterday, my pregnant Sim's tasks are not finishing. The timer gets stuck and starts repeating the same minute over and over. I've had to finish with SPs.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

telemwill wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 11:05 Since yesterday, my pregnant Sim's tasks are not finishing. The timer gets stuck and starts repeating the same minute over and over. I've had to finish with SPs.

Ruth
I discovered this is limited to my tablet which is a first generation Kindle fire. The game continues to work fine on my phone. I may have fixed the problem by downloading the game from my phone to the Kindle. I guess I need a new tablet.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Quick question for anyone who actually managed to get the baby bonus... My understanding of it is that the baby will be unaffected by needs drain, i.e. constantly inspired for the rest of their life. Does the baby then constantly have that obnoxious cloud of green sparkles all over them?
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

contrarysims wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 01:31 Quick question for anyone who actually managed to get the baby bonus... My understanding of it is that the baby will be unaffected by needs drain, i.e. constantly inspired for the rest of their life. Does the baby then constantly have that obnoxious cloud of green sparkles all over them?
As far as I understand it the baby bonus doesn't mean that the sim will be inspired for the rest of their life just that they are unaffected by low inspiration. Their needs still deplete, the green sparkles still go away, and you have to inspire them to get the green sparkles back.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update