[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

Re: [Discovery Quest] A Bump-y Ride

Post by mockingbird288z »

Along with unable to turn on/off lights, fireplaces, and use weather machines I found out today my pregnant sim can't use the singing salmon to get inspired. This is beginning to look like how the game considers seniors.*sigh*
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 23:39 Along with unable to turn on/off lights, fireplaces, and use weather machines I found out today my pregnant sim can't use the singing salmon to get inspired. This is beginning to look like how the game considers seniors.*sigh*
They also can't cook.
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

So I just finished my second pregnancy (first one was during pregnancy update). I only saw two changes, the first that the share advice task was changed from 13 to 6 so now only requires 12 sims total. And the second is the doctors and yoga appointments during my first one they were all 2-3 1/2 hours long but during this pregnancy all doctor apppointments were 6 hours 15 minutes and all yoga appointments were 30 seconds, which made the yoga days super easy to finish on time but the doctor days difficult.

Also in case it hasn't been clarified it definitely doesn't matter if you don't finish daily goals on that day as long as you catch up by the end of day 9, several of my doctor appointment days went over by a few hours and I still got the baby bonus at the end.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

simsally wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 04:37 Also in case it hasn't been clarified it definitely doesn't matter if you don't finish daily goals on that day as long as you catch up by the end of day 9, several of my doctor appointment days went over by a few hours and I still got the baby bonus at the end.
Thanks, this helps a lot. I thought they had to be completed every day.
mockingbird288z

copperwood wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 01:56
mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 23:39 Along with unable to turn on/off lights, fireplaces, and use weather machines I found out today my pregnant sim can't use the singing salmon to get inspired. This is beginning to look like how the game considers seniors.*sigh*
They also can't cook.
Argh!!
mockingbird288z

simsally wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 04:37 And the second is the doctors and yoga appointments during my first one they were all 2-3 1/2 hours long but during this pregnancy all doctor apppointments were 6 hours 15 minutes and all yoga appointments were 30 seconds, which made the yoga days super easy to finish on time but the doctor days difficult.
That's weird. Whenever I did tests during the pregnancy update my doctor appointments were all 6 hours 15 minutes and my yoga appointments would say they would be 6 hours 15 minutes but actually be 30 seconds. But now that I'm on the Chic Boutique update and actually doing a pregnancy for good all my doctor appointments are 1 hour 30 minutes and the yoga appointments are taking the full 6 hours 15 minutes. Meaning my doctor days are supper easy but my yoga days are difficult.

The little clocks to the side of the tasks that are supposed to show us how much time a task is supposed to take have been hit or miss for me. Sometimes they give what I would consider to be an accurate depiction and sometimes they are way off. With that and the different times we are getting I think FM still have some work to do getting all the times right.
nikkiarojas
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by nikkiarojas »

Hello everyone, I’m new here I looked before I posted so I hope I’m not missing anything. I started this quest a couple of days ago and I am at the part that says buy using store credit. However the $500 is not available, it says zero. What do I do?
mockingbird288z

nikkiarojas wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 09:09 Hello everyone, I’m new here I looked before I posted so I hope I’m not missing anything. I started this quest a couple of days ago and I am at the part that says buy using store credit. However the $500 is not available, it says zero. What do I do?
Contact customer support. Teaemm has the same problem and needed to contact customer support to get it fixed.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

i discovered the pregnant sims inabillit to use the singing salmon back when the update came out, during the very first pregnancy event i did at that time :/
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

copperwood wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 01:56
They also can't cook.
Oh good grief!!! ::facepalm::

I guess (given all the thinsg pregnant sims can’t do) that all these mothers-to-be are at risk for pre-eclampsia or something similar. ;)
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update