[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

Post by Butterfly »

Goldfinch 3 wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 18:30 :D Thank you, Copperwood for your reply in clarifying how this works
I use 2 sims to repeat the task 13 times. It works that way too.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Butterfly wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 23:48
Goldfinch 3 wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 18:30 :D Thank you, Copperwood for your reply in clarifying how this works
I use 2 sims to repeat the task 13 times. It works that way too.
It will work that way, but you're wasting a lot of time. And your support tasks bar probably won't be at 100 percent when the event ends, which means you won't get the baby bonus.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

I can confirm that the talking task that requires 26 sims works with teens and seniors too. It is however important that you use an adult sim to interact with the senior/teen and not the other way round or senior-senior or teen-teen interactions. it has to be an adult that does the talking. so in total them minimum for this task is 13 adults plus 13 seniors/teens/adults.
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

randy_thrandy wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 14:00 I can confirm that the talking task that requires 26 sims works with teens and seniors too. It is however important that you use an adult sim to interact with the senior/teen and not the other way round or senior-senior or teen-teen interactions. it has to be an adult that does the talking. so in total them minimum for this task is 13 adults plus 13 seniors/teens/adults.
Ugh! Thank you. But that’s terrible! I just set a bunch of teens two hours ago on this task, ones that I aged up just for this task. And I couldn’t remember which ones started so I had to start them all over. There’s no way that I’ll finish on time. So no super-sims for me. At least I can earn coins towards the maternity store. I think once I’m done with this event, I’ll just skip the support tasks in the future. Even if it takes me forever to get the maternity/nursery things. That’s ok. Put it under the monument category. :roll:
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

You didn't have to start them over. The teen wouldn't have had the option to do the task. The task will only show up when an adult is selected. My sims are doing this task right now again also. Are you able to reset?

Also a heads up not to decorate the nursery before the end of the event. I just got 2 daily tasks to put up new wallpaper and put down new flooring in the nursery.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I know for sure one of my teens was the one selected for the task because I had just aged a bunch of them up and grabbed the first teen I could from the group to start the task. Maybe it was a glitch that it allowed me. Unfortunately, I couldn’t remember which teen it was. I had not saved first. I have a very limited time to do the tasks so I was in quite the hurry.
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Looking back, I totally could be wrong. I was in a hurry after all. But even before that I was already behind. And now I’ve discovered that I only put 12 couples to the task. Smh.

Do I have to pass the event in order to get the other baby crib option, or just make it through the 9 days?
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

SIMazing wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 00:45 Looking back, I totally could be wrong. I was in a hurry after all. But even before that I was already behind. And now I’ve discovered that I only put 12 couples to the task. Smh.

Do I have to pass the event in order to get the other baby crib option, or just make it through the 9 days?
I think doing all the tasks in time is just required to get the baby bonus. For all the other items you just have to keep doing more pregnancy events to earn maternity tokens to buy the items you want.

On one task I had to do, I was also short one sim (was in a rush too). Thankfully I noticed part way through because it was a long task. Since I was only short 1 sim, I just used about 8 SP's to have him finish with the others.
john/maria
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Pregnancy Update - Changes

Post by john/maria »

Just an FYI. So far I've done 2 complete 9 day pregnancies. I was able to get all the nautical furniture with some "points" left over.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Pregnancy Update - Changes

Post by SKatF »

john/maria wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 15:56 Just an FYI. So far I've done 2 complete 9 day pregnancies. I was able to get all the nautical furniture with some "points" left over.
Good to hear after the negatives. Did you need to use a lot of SP? And what makes the super babies different?