[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Pregnancy Update - Changes

Post by valerian »

penlopej wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 05:15 I think that this update is intended to last a long time. It’s similar to the Life Dreams quest. Yes, if you don’t complete the quest you will miss out on the bonus furniture, which is nice and you won’t get the baby bonus. But, you will get the other furniture by repeating the quest however many times that takes. I know that the baby bonus is great to to get extra XP, etc for the sim created but it’s not such a big deal if you miss out. I guess it’s just a case of how much you want the furniture as to how many times you repeat.
Although I am now enjoying the quest, I do think FM have been particularly mean in the way that they’ve priced both the new items and the fact that using SP is the only way to ensure that you finish on time. Not that I’m saying that it’s impossible to complete without using SP.
bonus furniture? I don't know about bonus furniture. :shock: The extra furniture you can get is if you buy all items in one pack (like contemporary) - it is not linked to the quest as far as I know, but to the money, no matter when you buy it, if it is first try or 22nd. The thing that makes me angry/sad/frustrated about the update is that one needs sooooo many times (pregnanciesx9days!) to collect enough money to buy it all. And yes to do all the work and wake up in the middle of the night and still not be able to get the baby with the bonus is just awful from them :evil:
lvl 54
HFN: #4 West Oceanside
HH: #1 West Oceanside
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

Post by valerian »

randy_thrandy wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 08:13 sheesh :s
so... is it possible to get the superbaby with bonuses without the use of sp points or not? i would really love to have a few of those without having to spend a million SPs. Q_Q
I am on day 3 today and I already decided to use 50SP for one :!: task (5 sims had to do a task for 6,5hrs) just to catch up, cause if the support bar is meant to be 100% then by day 3 I need at least 34%. (I don't have many SP, I can do this maybe 2 more times)

I was wondering about the 100% for a while cause mine is a bit wonky and shows 30% at first point instead of 20%, but I checked and people playing on other devices have the first bar at 20% so I guess it's just wonky display. I HOPE - please someone confirm this - that I won't have to go to 150% :shock:

lvl 54
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

valerian wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 16:42
penlopej wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 05:15 I think that this update is intended to last a long time. It’s similar to the Life Dreams quest. Yes, if you don’t complete the quest you will miss out on the bonus furniture, which is nice and you won’t get the baby bonus. But, you will get the other furniture by repeating the quest however many times that takes. I know that the baby bonus is great to to get extra XP, etc for the sim created but it’s not such a big deal if you miss out. I guess it’s just a case of how much you want the furniture as to how many times you repeat.
Although I am now enjoying the quest, I do think FM have been particularly mean in the way that they’ve priced both the new items and the fact that using SP is the only way to ensure that you finish on time. Not that I’m saying that it’s impossible to complete without using SP.
bonus furniture? I don't know about bonus furniture. :shock: The extra furniture you can get is if you buy all items in one pack (like contemporary) - it is not linked to the quest as far as I know, but to the money, no matter when you buy it, if it is first try or 22nd. The thing that makes me angry/sad/frustrated about the update is that one needs sooooo many times (pregnanciesx9days!) to collect enough money to buy it all. And yes to do all the work and wake up in the middle of the night and still not be able to get the baby with the bonus is just awful from them :evil:
I will not be staying up at night. If it turns out that the baby bonus is not possible to achieve with typical casual play (checking in every couple of hours during the day), then I will be disappointed with this update. I do not intend to purchase SP's or use up the ones I have to finish this quest either. I wouldn't mind if it were a few here and there, but SP's are too hard to come by to spend so many on one baby. I was beginning to get excited about the game again, but now I feel like someone dumped cold water on my head.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

so... is it possible to get the superbaby with bonuses without the use of sp points or not? i would really love to have a few of those without having to spend a million SPs. Q_Q
I can let you know next week :lol:

I'm not planning on using social points and figure I'll just see what happens. I completed day one goals with about 7 hours to spare and had 14% in support tasks when day 2 started (which was four completed sets of tasks). My support tasks were 13 people for 2 hours, 8 people for 6 hours, 5 people for 6 hours, and 10 people for 6 hours. I'm working on 10 people for 3 hours now, I haven't gotten any support tasks longer then 6 hours yet, I wonder if we all have the same tasks in a different order or if it's a large pool of items we potentially get like the social point tasks.

Also in case anyone's wondering adults and seniors have been able to do all of the support tasks I've had so far, and teens have been able to do all but one (which was practice preparing formula on a stove).
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Good to know seniors and teens can do all/most of the support tasks. I guess the Firemonkeys took the saying "it takes a village to raise a child" to include pregnancy.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

simsally wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 20:04
I can let you know next week :lol:

I'm not planning on using social points and figure I'll just see what happens. I completed day one goals with about 7 hours to spare and had 14% in support tasks when day 2 started (which was four completed sets of tasks). My support tasks were 13 people for 2 hours, 8 people for 6 hours, 5 people for 6 hours, and 10 people for 6 hours. I'm working on 10 people for 3 hours now, I haven't gotten any support tasks longer then 6 hours yet, I wonder if we all have the same tasks in a different order or if it's a large pool of items we potentially get like the social point tasks.

Also in case anyone's wondering adults and seniors have been able to do all of the support tasks I've had so far, and teens have been able to do all but one (which was practice preparing formula on a stove).
omg you are lucky! I had only long tasks - 11hrs or 13hrs or 8. today was the first day I got tasks under 8 hrs.
lvl 54
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

valerian wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 16:42
Well, for me that is good news. I’m not that interested in super babies. So far I’ve used over 1000 SP’s and I don’t know how many LP’s to get to completing the goals for the pregnant sim and 86% on the support goals. Hopefully this means that I can ignore the support goals for the next one and just go for the furniture. I really resent having to use so many of my hard earned resources just to get some furniture. I really feel for those new players, some of whom are struggling to find enough simoleans to build the store, let alone having to face those long monotonous tasks.
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

I wish I could make the clock to associate with my sleep schedule. I works nights (EST) and most daily tasks start first thing in the morning. So, either I spend a lot of LP to start tasks early, or I spend a lot of SP to finish the tasks in time. I guess I will just have to go through a lot more pregnancy events than most people to earn enough currency to purchase all of the items. :(
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

How is Day 1 counted? Is it a 24 hour thing?
If I started today at 7:00am, then it ends at 7:00am the next day. right?
I am so clueless. When I started the quest, I did not notice that the Pregnant Sim has a separate list of Daily tasks, while other sims do the support tasks. I started on the Support tasks & it was only on the afternoon that I notice the separate tab for the Pregnant sim. So I am still on the 2nd task for the Daily Task. Ugh!!!
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

playsims wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 11:37 How is Day 1 counted? Is it a 24 hour thing?
If I started today at 7:00am, then it ends at 7:00am the next day. right?
I am so clueless. When I started the quest, I did not notice that the Pregnant Sim has a separate list of Daily tasks, while other sims do the support tasks. I started on the Support tasks & it was only on the afternoon that I notice the separate tab for the Pregnant sim. So I am still on the 2nd task for the Daily Task. Ugh!!!
Day 1 is counted from when you finish the maternity shop. I finished the shop at 8pm, so my daily tasks for pregnant sim start each day at 8pm. Not the best time for me, but nothing to do about it now. I guess any next pregnancy starts daily tasks at the time the pregnancy is started.

So it starts automatically at the exact same time - doesn't matter if you start doing the tasks later. (so for me each day is from 8pm to 8pm no matter if I star doing the tasks at 8pm or 9pm or 1am...)
lvl 54