[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Pregnancy Update - Changes

Post by SKatF »

penlopej wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 11:53 I’ve just read, as I should have done earlier, the information attached to pregnancy button. Unfortunately it looks like I’ll have to do these. Upcoming task is to have 13 sims share parenting advice with another sim, I.e 26 in total for about 4 hours 35 minutes. Well I’ll just have to bite the bullet and do it.
Yikes, sure don't want to have anything else planned for the 9 days, do you?

I've updated, but not doing the pregnancy thing. It sounds incredibly costly in simoleans and SP, time consuming, and very easy to miss the prize if you have real life things happen on any of the nine days.

I will be most interested to hear what member's experience is, and what the superbaby powers are.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

not a change but not sure where to ask, but... is it even possible to complete all support tasks during a pregnancy event? :? tbh I am really disappointed as I am on day 2 and I only finished 10% of support tasks (they were all supper long, like 13hrs, and required 11 or more sims :/ ) even though I play basically nonstop - one task finished and I started another one right away. I guess this event is just meant to make us buy social points... really not happy about it
lvl 54
HFN: #4 West Oceanside
HH: #1 West Oceanside
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

SKatF wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 15:48
penlopej wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 11:53 I’ve just read, as I should have done earlier, the information attached to pregnancy button. Unfortunately it looks like I’ll have to do these. Upcoming task is to have 13 sims share parenting advice with another sim, I.e 26 in total for about 4 hours 35 minutes. Well I’ll just have to bite the bullet and do it.
Yikes, sure don't want to have anything else planned for the 9 days, do you?

I've updated, but not doing the pregnancy thing. It sounds incredibly costly in simoleans and SP, time consuming, and very easy to miss the prize if you have real life things happen on any of the nine days.

I will be most interested to hear what member's experience is, and what the superbaby powers are.
Strangely I’ve started to enjoy it. It is a totally different way of playing to the way I’ve played for several years. Just like the Life Dreams Quest but without death; although that’s not strictly true as several sims have had to depart and will continue to depart. My toddler is now the only pre-teen in town and everyone else is either a teenager or an adult. Everyone, almost, is needed at one time or another to do the support tasks. I was always family oriented but that is no longer the case. That sounds wonderful when the reality is that everyone was attached to a family but they hardly ever interacted as a family. In fact the only time they saw their homes was when they were brought together to move into a new house. Then it was back to cooking or diving.I have two other towns that I’ve updated but not opted to do the quest. I’m not sure that I ever will. The only reason I decided to do it was the thought that I would have little to do between updates and I suspect that this update will involve me for quite some time.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

valerian wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 20:21 not a change but not sure where to ask, but... is it even possible to complete all support tasks during a pregnancy event? :? tbh I am really disappointed as I am on day 2 and I only finished 10% of support tasks (they were all supper long, like 13hrs, and required 11 or more sims :/ ) even though I play basically nonstop - one task finished and I started another one right away. I guess this event is just meant to make us buy social points... really not happy about it
god gracious! 13 hours??? multiple sims????? im not finishing a single pregnancy then, seeing i only have the one social point and little way of getting more of themm. how terrible!
my maternity store is still building so i havent started the event yet but i expected it to be doable, similar to the weekly tasks which are comfortably manageable within those 7 days.
to me this is terrible news... i was really looking forward to the whole pregnancy shebang. :C
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

Post by Butterfly »

I’ve found that for support tasks requiring to do something more than once...like - plan a girls night out (10 times)...you can use the same pregnant sim to do that task 10 times.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

randy_thrandy wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 22:36
valerian wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 20:21 not a change but not sure where to ask, but... is it even possible to complete all support tasks during a pregnancy event? :? tbh I am really disappointed as I am on day 2 and I only finished 10% of support tasks (they were all supper long, like 13hrs, and required 11 or more sims :/ ) even though I play basically nonstop - one task finished and I started another one right away. I guess this event is just meant to make us buy social points... really not happy about it
god gracious! 13 hours??? multiple sims????? im not finishing a single pregnancy then, seeing i only have the one social point and little way of getting more of themm. how terrible!
my maternity store is still building so i havent started the event yet but i expected it to be doable, similar to the weekly tasks which are comfortably manageable within those 7 days.
to me this is terrible news... i was really looking forward to the whole pregnancy shebang. :C
yes, me too - when I saw especially the new pretty baby furniture in the update video preview from Make2 I was so happy. I waited one day and a bit and then used around 45 LP to finish the store cause I saw everyone starting and I wanted too. You will be able to finish the quest - but without the bonus :cry: Cause the daily tasks for mother are doable just fine. But the support tasks - that need to be done by loooooooads of sims and huge hours - fill the bar very very slowly (around 3% for a task even if the task takes as I wrote 13 hours). Social points are needed to finish them quicker and that would be a ridiculous amount! So in 2 days I have only 10%! :( And if the support tasks are not done, then the baby will be born without the bonus.

also you get ridiculous low amount of the baby currency for the daily goals so I guess till I have everything from the new store it will be christmas!!! :evil: cause you can do only one pregnancy at time even after finishing event and you won't get much money during the event so you will have to rerun and rerun it and rerun it and I hate things like that cause you will just spend time scraping for the new currency and no time playing! So for me it's worst update so far cause the time spent vs the reward is so terrible :(
lvl 54
HFN: #4 West Oceanside
HH: #1 West Oceanside
PlayingWithCaio
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PlayingWithCaio »

I just finished one pregnancy event (and spent most of my SP), and you get around 47,000 tokens, if you finish everything and get the bonus. So if Make2's calculations are corrects, you will need to fully finish at least 4 pregnancy events to buy everything.
I get that they want you to enjoy and replay the event a couple of times, but this is too much. Either you spend a lot of SP or you keep doing this event for the rest of year to try and buy everything.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

PlayingWithCaio wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 00:45 I just finished one pregnancy event (and spent most of my SP), and you get around 47,000 tokens, if you finish everything and get the bonus. So if Make2's calculations are corrects, you will need to fully finish at least 4 pregnancy events to buy everything.
I get that they want you to enjoy and replay the event a couple of times, but this is too much. Either you spend a lot of SP or you keep doing this event for the rest of year to try and buy everything.
I haven't watched Make2's videos yet so I don't know what their calculations are but please be aware that sometimes the cost of items and requirements can differ from the early release version and the version of the game that is actually released.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

valerian wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 23:54
randy_thrandy wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 22:36
yes, me too - when I saw especially the new pretty baby furniture in the update video preview from Make2 I was so happy. I waited one day and a bit and then used around 45 LP to finish the store cause I saw everyone starting and I wanted too. You will be able to finish the quest - but without the bonus :cry: Cause the daily tasks for mother are doable just fine. But the support tasks - that need to be done by loooooooads of sims and huge hours - fill the bar very very slowly (around 3% for a task even if the task takes as I wrote 13 hours). Social points are needed to finish them quicker and that would be a ridiculous amount! So in 2 days I have only 10%! :( And if the support tasks are not done, then the baby will be born without the bonus.

also you get ridiculous low amount of the baby currency for the daily goals so I guess till I have everything from the new store it will be christmas!!! :evil: cause you can do only one pregnancy at time even after finishing event and you won't get much money during the event so you will have to rerun and rerun it and rerun it and I hate things like that cause you will just spend time scraping for the new currency and no time playing! So for me it's worst update so far cause the time spent vs the reward is so terrible :(
I think that this update is intended to last a long time. It’s similar to the Life Dreams quest. Yes, if you don’t complete the quest you will miss out on the bonus furniture, which is nice and you won’t get the baby bonus. But, you will get the other furniture by repeating the quest however many times that takes. I know that the baby bonus is great to to get extra XP, etc for the sim created but it’s not such a big deal if you miss out. I guess it’s just a case of how much you want the furniture as to how many times you repeat.
Although I am now enjoying the quest, I do think FM have been particularly mean in the way that they’ve priced both the new items and the fact that using SP is the only way to ensure that you finish on time. Not that I’m saying that it’s impossible to complete without using SP.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

Post by randy_thrandy »

sheesh :s
so... is it possible to get the superbaby with bonuses without the use of sp points or not? i would really love to have a few of those without having to spend a million SPs. Q_Q
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~