[DISCOVERY QUEST] DIY Homes: All Mezzed Up

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

[DISCOVERY QUEST] DIY Homes: All Mezzed Up

Post by mockingbird288z »

Verified in February 2022.

Available from level 18 upwards
Unlocks the ability to add mezzanines to your Sim‘s houses
You are given 7 days to unlock the limited time prize 'Mezzanine House' template!

Note: Times may vary as they depend on the star rating of the used objects and your Sim‘s mood. (Inspired Sims will be faster, happy Sims will do the tasks at a normal speed, sad Sims will need more time.)

1. Talk to Bree - 5 minutes
2. Hug Bree - 10 minutes
3. Offer to help Bree - 15 minutes
4. Phone a cab to the Mezzanine House
5. Health and Safety Tour - 1 hour 1 minute
6. Identify the Hazard - 2 hours (Tripsie Tiles)
7. Clean Space - 3 hours 20 minutes; 1 hour
8. Are we mezzanine ready? - 5 hours 50 minutes; 3 hours; 2 hours
9. Shoo the cat - 4 hours 10 minutes
10. Research mezzanines - 5 hours 30 minutes
11. Go to a Home Lot
12. Build a mezzanine
13. Modify the mezzanine
14. Return to the Mezzanine House
15. Give news to Bree - 5 hours
16. Convince Bree - 10 hours
17. Meet Sue Portive - 6 hours 40 minutes
18. Investigate Bree's work - 7 hours 30 minutes
19. Calm Sue - 4 hours 10 minutes
20. Have 3 sims in Mezzanine House
21. Clean the third floor - 8 hours 20 minutes; 5 hours; 3 hours 20 minutes; 1 hour 40 minutes
22. Cuddle the kitten - 11 hours 40 minutes
23. Approach Sue - 3 hours 20 minutes
24. Comfort Bree - 6 hours 40 minutes
25. Freshen up - 10 hours 30 minutes
26. Have a group photo - 5 hours 50 minutes
27. Have an interview - 11 hours 40 minutes
28. Relax by the pool - 16 hours 40 minutes (3 sims at the same time)
29. Send sims home

[+] Original post
7 day time limit; unlocks the ability to build mezzanines; Mezzanine House template is final prize

Talk to Bree - 5 minutes
Hug Bree - 10 minutes
Offer to help Bree - 15 minutes
Phone a cab to the Mezzanine House
Health and Safety Tour - 1 hour 1 minute
Identify the Hazard - 2 hours (Tripsie Tiles)
Clean Space - 3 hours 20 minutes; 1 hour
Are we mezzanine ready? - 5 hours 50 minutes; 3 hours; 2 hours
Shoo the cat - 4 hours 10 minutes
Research mezzanines - 5 hours 30 minutes
Go to a Home Lot
Build a mezzanine
Modify the mezzanine
Return to the Mezzanine House
Give news to Bree - 5 hours
Convince Bree - 10 hours
Meet Sue Portive - 6 hours 40 minutes
Investigate Bree's work - 7 hours 30 minutes
Calm Sue - 4 hours 10 minutes
Have 3 sims in Mezzanine House
Clean the third floor - 8 hours 20 minutes; 5 hours; 3 hours 20 minutes; 1 hour 40 minutes
Cuddle the kitten - 11 hours 40 minutes
Approach Sue - 3 hours 20 minutes
Comfort Bree - 6 hours 40 minutes
Freshen up - 10 hours 30 minutes
Have a group photo - 5 hours 50 minutes
Have an interview - 11 hours 40 minutes
Relax by the pool - 16 hours 40 minutes (3 sims)
Send sims home
Last edited by ErinPW on 17 Feb 2022, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [DISCOVERY QUEST] DIY Homes: All Mezzed Up

Post by contrarysims »

I'm havibg trouble with the"build a mezzanine" task. It isn't allowing me to build a mezzanine in a second story room that has another room below. I can't see any reason that a mezzanine can't go there. anyone have any ideas?

(I have screenshots but for some reason they're too large to attach?)
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

contrarysims wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 04:03 I'm havibg trouble with the"build a mezzanine" task. It isn't allowing me to build a mezzanine in a second story room that has another room below. I can't see any reason that a mezzanine can't go there. anyone have any ideas?

(I have screenshots but for some reason they're too large to attach?)
I just sped through the quest on my ipad to play around with the mezzanines and I came across the same issue as you. I could place a mezzanine in some rooms of the house but not in others and it wasn't because sims or pets were in the way or there wasn't a room underneath.

Then I started removing items from the room underneath where I was trying to place a mezzanine to see if there was somehow an issue with something - even when there weren't any items I still couldn't build a mezzanine. So I started removing items from the room where I was trying to build the mezzanine. Once I removed the king sized bed I could finally build a mezzanine.
King Sized bed - no mezzanine
King Sized bed - no mezzanine
No King Sized bed - mezzanine
No King Sized bed - mezzanine
I could place a regular sized bed in the room and could still build a mezzanine. I don't have king sized beds in all the rooms where I couldn't place a mezzanine but I couldn't place a mezzanine in any room in any house that did have a king sized bed. So while it looks like the King Sized bed is a problem (at least in my game) it's not the only problem. There could be lots of items that are causing this glitch or I could be missing something. I'll keep playing around with it.

For now, I suggest trying to find a room in any house where you can build just a 1x3 mezzanine (and then only build a 1x2 and leave the other square so you can modify the mezzanine for the next goal). That way you can move on with the quest. It may be that there's a problem with the mezzanine that will take an update to fix.

Side note: the house I was testing in was a house with a landing from the winter quest. Once trying to place one mezzanine the landing "filled in". It was still there, I could see the railing but it looked like just a bare room. I took the landing out and tried to replace it but couldn't. And then I couldn't build a mezzanine where the landing had been. I did try at another house with a landing and didn't experience this problem so I just suggest we all save our games before trying to build a mezzanine in the same house as a landing so we have something to go back to just in case.

And for the image size - I have that problem too. I either crop the image or use a photo app called "Moldiv" to convert it to jpeg.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Ok mezzanine is finally in place where I want it. All I had to do was spend a few hours and over S500k to remove both rooms (and therefore a very large rooftop balcony and a smaller adjacent balcony) and rebuild the whole thing exactly as it was in the first place. It's so weird.

Actually, the house does have a king size bed (one of the mystery box island villa beds), in a completely separate room to where I was trying to build. So maybe it was the issue, but it didn't get removed during my demolition process and is still there now. So who knows if removing it would have worked. It might have saved me some simoleons, but I don't really want to reset to check now.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

contrarysims wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 06:16 Ok mezzanine is finally in place where I want it. All I had to do was spend a few hours and over S500k to remove both rooms (and therefore a very large rooftop balcony and a smaller adjacent balcony) and rebuild the whole thing exactly as it was in the first place. It's so weird.

Actually, the house does have a king size bed (one of the mystery box island villa beds), in a completely separate room to where I was trying to build. So maybe it was the issue, but it didn't get removed during my demolition process and is still there now. So who knows if removing it would have worked. It might have saved me some simoleons, but I don't really want to reset to check now.
What a headache to have to do all that!

I'm not sure what's going on with the king size beds but I don't think removing it would have made a difference - I could place a mezzanine in all the rooms next to the room with the bed just not in the actual room with the bed. And then there were other rooms that didn't have a king sized bed but I still couldn't place a mezzanine. I think the king size beds can be an issue but are not the only issue, there are additional things going on here that I hope are eventually fixed!
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

Is the prize for completing in 7 days just the mezzanine house that the tasks are done in? There doesn’t seem to be any unique furniture or anything. If I complete, but not in 7 days, is it correct that I can still make mezzanines in homes - just not get that template? Just trying to decide if it’s worth spending some LP’s to complete on time. Thanks!
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
mockingbird288z

Desiree wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 00:36 Is the prize for completing in 7 days just the mezzanine house that the tasks are done in? There doesn’t seem to be any unique furniture or anything. If I complete, but not in 7 days, is it correct that I can still make mezzanines in homes - just not get that template? Just trying to decide if it’s worth spending some LP’s to complete on time. Thanks!
Correct - the prize is the mezzanine house
Correct - you can still build mezzanines in your homes even if you don't finish the quest within the 7 days

There's some urban furniture and chalet stuff in the mezzanine house. And some spa items. But there isn't anything that can only be attained through that house or doesn't show up a lot in architect homes.
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

Thanks! Nice to not have to stress on a timeline!
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Just a friendly warning for you all - I did not read the whole sentence for "Relax by the Pool" in the game - I thought only 1 Sim needed to do it because the game only gave me one bubble to complete. Now I have to make 2 more sims do it and I am barely going to complete it in time without using a bunch of LPs. I will have to use some but I don't want to use 32 :|
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

mudgenie wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 19:44 Just a friendly warning for you all - I did not read the whole sentence for "Relax by the Pool" in the game - I thought only 1 Sim needed to do it because the game only gave me one bubble to complete. Now I have to make 2 more sims do it and I am barely going to complete it in time without using a bunch of LPs. I will have to use some but I don't want to use 32 :|
Yassssss! It took 3 sims to complete that specific task. It can be tricky if you don't read it carefully.