[DISCOVERY QUEST] The Grooving Guru

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [DISCOVERY QUEST] The Grooving Guru

Post by Debbilu_7 »

simmare wrote:
Debbilu_7 wrote:
SKatF wrote:Skippy Simmy Dupuy? Really?
Mine is Skippy Simmy Jackson
Mine was Skippy Simmy Johnson. One of the later task descriptions, though referred to him as Skippy Simmons. Weird!
Awhile back, I noticed that one deer at my campground is "Deer" and the other is "Deer Beveridge".
Now I'm curious whether there are variations on this as well...
Updated town info in profile
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

Debbilu_7 wrote:
simmare wrote:
Debbilu_7 wrote:
SKatF wrote:Skippy Simmy Dupuy? Really?
Mine is Skippy Simmy Jackson
Mine was Skippy Simmy Johnson. One of the later task descriptions, though referred to him as Skippy Simmons. Weird!
Awhile back, I noticed that one deer at my campground is "Deer" and the other is "Deer Beveridge".
Now I'm curious whether there are variations on this as well...
Never noticed before, but my deer are named Deer Hall and Deer Yokley. And my Skippy is a Davis.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I've got a Skippy Simmy de Graaf (no sim in my town is a de Graaf :? ) and the deer in my campground are all called Deer.

All the sprites, the Princess and the Prince during the fairy quest also had "de Graaf".
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

My deer are all just 'deer'
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Here are some numbers on the aerobics hobby and they don't look good.

You only have a choice between 4 hours 50 min. (warm up) and 6 hours 30 min. (shake it off).

Number of times action needs to be repeated to reach level 6
Warm up = 32 = 154 hours and 40 min. total or 6 days 10 hours and 40 min.
Shake it off = 17 = 110.5 total hours or 4 days and 14.5 hours

If you use LP's to complete the actions immediately, you need 128 (32 x 4) for the 4 hour option and 102 (17 x 6) for the 6 hour one. Then you still need to complete the grid 7 times total to unlock all the outfits.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

copperwood wrote:Here are some numbers on the aerobics hobby and they don't look good.

You only have a choice between 4 hours 50 min. (warm up) and 6 hours 30 min. (shake it off).

If you use LP's to complete the actions immediately, you need 128 (32 x 4) for the 4 hour option and 102 (17 x 6) for the 6 hour one. Then you still need to complete the grid 7 times total to unlock all the outfits.

Wow! That's crazy. Not to mention all the repeats that will be in there. Arrrrgh. I mean I usually do use lps when we get a new hobby just to get things moving faster but this seems more than usual. I guess I'll keep grinding away. Not looking forward to it.
Thanks for the info!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Debbilu_7 wrote:Can teens do the hobby?
Just adults. Tried with both a senior and a teen, but no go.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Not looking forward to this hobby. Not only am I allergic to exercise I don't think the prizes are worth the effort. I will of course take part because I am a saddo who doesn't want to miss out on anything!
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

simmare wrote:
copperwood wrote:
annarose wrote:Yep ... that's a packed 7 days. I have a VIP time extension from an impulsive purchase (regret it now). Can anyone tell me how much extra time this will give me?? I can use LP's .... but which is better if i run out of time? Is the time extension worth saving or should i just use it if needed??
Also be aware that a time limited hobby (aerobics) will start immediately after you finish this quest.
Also note that there are only 2 options available for the aerobics hobby - warm up (4.5 hours) and shake it off (6.5 hours). It's going to take forever to get the other activewear packs!
Thanks for the advice ... think I'll use the time extension for the hobby
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

copperwood wrote:Here are some numbers on the aerobics hobby and they don't look good.

I hope the hobby isn't included in the quest time, is it? My Sim is currently sleeping fitfully. Should I use my LP's to get ahead. I have them, just hate using them. Thanks!