[Discovery Quest] Simtown Express

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

[Discovery Quest] Simtown Express

Post by mockingbird288z »

This quest starts after building the train station.

Times are with 3 star items.

Time limit is 5 days, reward is the toddler conductor outfit

Call the train company - 48 seconds
Meet Thomas the Tiny Conductor - 15 minutes
Ask about safety lessons - 2 hours 15 minutes
Read a book about trains - 8 hours 30 minutes
Find a snack for Thomas - 1 hour 50 minutes
Ask for Safety Lesson 1 - 5 minutes
Demonstrate single seating - 10 hours
Ask for Safety Lesson 2 - 5 minutes
Send a sim to the Park - instantly
Watch the train demonstration - 14 hours 45 minutes
Ask for Safety Lesson 3 - 5 minutes
Stand behind the yellow line - 16 hours 45 minutes
Search for a train key - 1 hour 50 minutes (use a bed)
Apologize to Thomas - 6 hours 15 minutes
Bake cookies for Thomas - 1 minute
Ask for final lesson - 5 minutes
Practice holding on - 1 day
Guess Thomas' age - 1 hour 15 minutes (I picked "5")
Travel on the Simtown Express - instant
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Xionidrixa
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Discovery Quest] Simtown Express

Post by Xionidrixa »

Have a question att The trainstation cost, looked att a tutorial from The beta version n The cost there was aprox 250k... Im going to have to gather aprox 700k just to get it built... Way The difference? Is it cause i have built more houses n workplaces already?
Open your eyes and then open them again
mockingbird288z

Xionidrixa wrote:Have a question att The trainstation cost, looked att a tutorial from The beta version n The cost there was aprox 250k... Im going to have to gather aprox 700k just to get it built... Way The difference? Is it cause i have built more houses n workplaces already?
Yes, the more community buildings you have the higher the cost for the next one. The houses work the same way but they are independent from each other. The highest cost for a community building used to be §1,000,000 but now it is §2,000,000 (what it costs for me to build the train station).
Xionidrixa
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Xionidrixa »

Ouch, thanx for The answer, better get working then
Open your eyes and then open them again
ussyberry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ussyberry »

Thanks

Please how much does it cost to build the hospital
ussyberry

GC: usmankkk
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

mockingbird288z wrote: Search for a train key - 1 hour 50 minutes (use a bed)
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I didn't have that part of the quest. :? I'm already on the "practice holding on" task but have no memory of doing that one. I think I'd remember because I remember starting the apologize part yesterday evening. Weird!
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

alsie27 wrote:
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I didn't have that part of the quest. :? I'm already on the "practice holding on" task but have no memory of doing that one. I think I'd remember because I remember starting the apologize part yesterday evening. Weird!
Evening more weird, I had search for key but did not have practice holding on. I was watching the timer to be sure I got everything done, and was expecting the 1 day task, but then suddenly I got the message that I had completed the quest. Not sure about the order of all the other tasks as I wasn't paying attention but positive I skipped the long one.
mockingbird288z

glenkatko wrote:
alsie27 wrote:
Evening more weird, I had search for key but did not have practice holding on. I was watching the timer to be sure I got everything done, and was expecting the 1 day task, but then suddenly I got the message that I had completed the quest. Not sure about the order of all the other tasks as I wasn't paying attention but positive I skipped the long one.
:? Things like this have happened on the past. The main thing to worry about is if the quest just ends early and you don't get the limited time reward. As long as you get to the end of the quest, get the congratulations, and the prize I'd say just roll with it!
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

Very grateful to skip the 1 day task, just shocked! What was worrying was that after I started building the hospital, my game crashed and I was unable to get back in. I repeatedly force stopped the game and restarted my device but it wouldn't load. I was reluctant to uninstall and reinstall because I wasn't sure when I had last saved to the cloud, since I was out and about while I was playing. Finally decided to leave it for a while and just keep trying.

After about 12 hours of trying, it finally loaded. But just like after the update, all of my sims who had been doing hobbies were now idle. The babies were no longer playing xylophone, but they had been moved to the 1st floor again, along with the pee cleaner. All of the sims who had been diving were still wearing their swimsuits but were standing around at the front of the lot. :shock:
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

My game has been crashing today also ... Really, it's crashing when trying to load. Force stop and repeated tries finally loaded for me also. This is on a device which has never given me problems with anything, including SFP. Save. Save. Save.