[Discovery Quest] Simtown Express

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

Re: [Discovery Quest] Simtown Express

Post by mockingbird288z »

I just got to the practice holding on goal. My game hasn't skipped any goal, yet. Bummer! Lol I'm doing okay on time, though. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Xionidrixa wrote:Have a question att The trainstation cost, looked att a tutorial from The beta version n The cost there was aprox 250k... Im going to have to gather aprox 700k just to get it built... Way The difference? Is it cause i have built more houses n workplaces already?
Yes, the more community buildings you have the higher the cost for the next one. The houses work the same way but they are independent from each other. The highest cost for a community building used to be §1,000,000 but now it is §2,000,000 (what it costs for me to build the train station).
Hmm, my train station "only" costs 1 million and I have all the buildings built. Is this a good glitch for me or bad glitch for you?
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

For me the cost was 1 million but I have not built the castle yet.
I finished the quest today, it was easy but I like trains a lot and was expecting to see my little sim actually going on the train and see him leaving while the train accelerates lol I'm a little disappointed :(
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SimCitySue wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
Xionidrixa wrote:Have a question att The trainstation cost, looked att a tutorial from The beta version n The cost there was aprox 250k... Im going to have to gather aprox 700k just to get it built... Way The difference? Is it cause i have built more houses n workplaces already?
Yes, the more community buildings you have the higher the cost for the next one. The houses work the same way but they are independent from each other. The highest cost for a community building used to be §1,000,000 but now it is §2,000,000 (what it costs for me to build the train station).
Hmm, my train station "only" costs 1 million and I have all the buildings built. Is this a good glitch for me or bad glitch for you?
I don't think either of those prices are a glitch. There were many people on FB complaining about the §2,000,000 cost. Maybe the price was tweaked? Who knows what FM's thinking! In any case, if there was a bad glitch in prices, I'd rather I have it than anyone else. I've got the old daily reward algorithm. ;)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

mockingbird288z wrote:
I don't think either of those prices are a glitch. There were many people on FB complaining about the §2,000,000 cost. Maybe the price was tweaked? Who knows what FM's thinking! In any case, if there was a bad glitch in prices, I'd rather I have it than anyone else. I've got the old daily reward algorithm. ;)
Maybe it's a tax on the rich :lol: Yep, no one can understand FMs thinking.
Lissy935
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Transportation quest

Post by Lissy935 »

Single seating on a lot? What is this?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Transportation quest

Post by SKatF »

The small print on the quest assignment drop box should tell you how to do it. As I recall, you tap on any dining room type chair to "practice single seating"
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Transportation quest

Post by TBD-36 »

I used a living room chair (not couch)
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

So I finally finished this quest yesterday evening and was excited to finally see the downtown area, only to be abruptly disappointed. The only thing there to build is the Hospital? And, it doesn't even look like there's a place to build anything else in future. It's full of high-rise buildings already. I hope those are just placeholder buildings and that there will be something else we can do there in future.