[Discovery QUEST] A Puppy Odyssey

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Sarasayshi
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [Discovery QUEST] A Puppy Odyssey

Post by Sarasayshi »

EileenK98 wrote:Well, three days and still no puppy. I even deleted the game and re-installed it, and still nothing. Haven't heard from FM since their initial message. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm not a dog person anyway.
I am also on day 3. What I don't understand is it takes more time and money, man power to take care of individual uploads versus just making an update!
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Sarasayshi wrote:What I don't understand is it takes more time and money, man power to take care of individual uploads versus just making an update!
That's not necessarily true. Adding a fix to a game would have to be tested and it may be more than just the disappearing puppy part of the quest that needs to be tested.

It would also depend on how many players were affected. It might seem like a lot to us, as we keep reading about it on here, FB and other sites, but it might only be a small percentage of their client base that is affected.

More likely, they are prioritising work on the next release over their Devs fixing this one issue. They could provide a utility for their Support team to use after figuring out what the issue was, freeing the dev team up to continue working on the next release.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Amycakes
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Amycakes »

EileenK98 wrote:Well, three days and still no puppy. I even deleted the game and re-installed it, and still nothing. Haven't heard from FM since their initial message. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm not a dog person anyway.
Ya it's been a few days for me also and did the same thing, even sent another request to FM and still nothing
Potata1
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Potata1 »

Thanks! I'm building it now
ukissyumeji
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by ukissyumeji »

Happy universe wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
Happy universe wrote:Thx microdot. Now i have to find someone who has a pup.
I've got a puppy and play mat at 3 East Side and a kitten and play box at 1 Diver's Way. :)
Send friend request:-)
Can i do the request there? In the neighbor's town?
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Amycakes wrote:Ya it's been a few days for me also and did the same thing, even sent another request to FM and still nothing
ErinPW wrote:
Huaca Flora wrote:There are probably thousands of players who have this problem. I don't think FM is able to fix it for everyone at short notice, especially not if they have to do it manually.
In addition to that, in Melbourne they also have a weekend ^^ According to the world clock on my device right now it's monday morning 3.38 h. overthere.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ukissyumeji wrote:
Happy universe wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
Happy universe wrote:Thx microdot. Now i have to find someone who has a pup.
I've got a puppy and play mat at 3 East Side and a kitten and play box at 1 Diver's Way. :)
Send friend request:-)
Can i do the request there? In the neighbor's town?
Quests can only be done in our own towns. Hobbies can be worked on in a neighbor's town, though.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
syeirahu
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by syeirahu »

I started the quest late, so I'm on "read a book about puppies." But I noticed that as soon as my sim put the puppy down, it disappeared off the lot (like a sim going to work). So am I to assume that I lost my puppy? I haven't saved to the cloud since before that happened. I guess I should reboot.
GC: syeirahu (updated)
HFN: No.3 West Oceanside
HH: No.2 Diver's Way
Cat house: No.3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

syeirahu wrote:I started the quest late, so I'm on "read a book about puppies." But I noticed that as soon as my sim put the puppy down, it disappeared off the lot (like a sim going to work). So am I to assume that I lost my puppy? I haven't saved to the cloud since before that happened. I guess I should reboot.
I would check the sim tracker first, before resetting. If the puppy is in the sim tracker then you haven't lost it (yet). But if the puppy is not in the sim tracker then you will need to reset and when you do the quest again make sure someone is always holding the puppy.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
syeirahu
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by syeirahu »

mockingbird288z wrote: I would check the sim tracker first, before resetting. If the puppy is in the sim tracker then you haven't lost it (yet). But if the puppy is not in the sim tracker then you will need to reset and when you do the quest again make sure someone is always holding the puppy.
It wasn't, so I reset. My last save had a sim holding the puppy. When I reset, the puppy was invisible! So it was gone as soon as my sim put it down. I reset again. Whistling the invisible-puppy-holding sim over to another house made the puppy reappear. Now it's in the sim tracker too.

I'm so confused, but at least I'm good now. Thanks, Leah! You're awesome!
GC: syeirahu (updated)
HFN: No.3 West Oceanside
HH: No.2 Diver's Way
Cat house: No.3 Firehouse Road