[Discovery QUEST] A Puppy Odyssey

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
ErinPW

Re: [Discovery QUEST] A Puppy Odyssey

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote:When I try to do kitten hobby the Sim shakes her head and the footsteps appear. I have one empty space all around the mat. If you can get mat to work, could you advise any placement issues I should consider?
Have you locked the sim and kitten in a room? In my game they are going through the house and garden.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Last edited by ErinPW on 04 Jan 2016, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added picture
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

The house is entered by an underground tunnel. I guess the kitten can't use the firepole. Thanks for comment. I'll add a door.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Carla has discovered that the missing puppy glitch appears to be an iOS only glitch and currently the only way to avoid it is tag team it with another sim. Have one sim holding the puppy so it doesn't go away during the quest. It appears the puppy disappears when you get to the "Place Puppy food in the dish" goal so it is not around for the "Sit with Puppy" goal.

If you haven't gotten to the "Place Puppy food in the dish" goal you should save your game to the cloud so you have a place to go back to where you do have the puppy. And then have one sim always holding the puppy while another sim does the tasks in between "Place Puppy food in the dish" and "Sit with puppy".

There doesn't seem to be a fix for those who already have a lost puppy. One person on Facebook did say that after waiting awhile the missing puppy did return. If you've not saved to the cloud in awhile you could try resetting your game and downloading saved data and hope you go back to a point before the puppy goes missing.

Edit: Closing the game and coming back to it may help bring the puppy back or going to the town view and back to the house may also bring the puppy back.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

mockingbird288z wrote:Carla has discovered that the missing puppy glitch appears to be an iOS only glitch and currently the only way to avoid it is tag team it with another sim. Have one sim holding the puppy so it doesn't go away during the quest. It appears the puppy disappears when you get to the "Place Puppy food in the dish" goal so it is not around for the "Sit with Puppy" goal.

If you haven't gotten to the "Place Puppy food in the dish" goal you should save your game to the cloud so you have a place to go back to where you do have the puppy. And then have one sim always holding the puppy while another sim does the tasks in between "Place Puppy food in the dish" and "Sit with puppy".

There doesn't seem to be a fix for those who already have a lost puppy. One person on Facebook did say that after waiting awhile the missing puppy did return. If you've not saved to the cloud in awhile you could try resetting your game and downloading saved data and hope you go back to a point before the puppy goes missing.

Edit: Closing the game and coming back to it may help bring the puppy back or going to the town view and back to the house may also bring the puppy back.
Thank You :D.
I'm about to start the quest on my iPad, so I'm glad to know about the missing puppy glitch :).
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

mockingbird288z wrote:Carla has discovered that the missing puppy glitch appears to be an iOS only glitch and currently the only way to avoid it is tag team it with another sim. Have one sim holding the puppy so it doesn't go away during the quest. It appears the puppy disappears when you get to the "Place Puppy food in the dish" goal so it is not around for the "Sit with Puppy" goal.

I've tried all that short of resetting the game, and still no puppy. Unfortunately, my last cloud save was right after I brought the puppy home, and didn't yet realize it had already disappeared. Would a reset work in that case? I'm still going to try submitting a ticket to FM once I get to my PC.

Thanks for the suggestions.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Huaca Flora wrote:Oh sorry! :oops: I didn't start the quest yet.
It's all good :)
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
mockingbird288z

Microdot wrote: Thank You :D.
I'm about to start the quest on my iPad, so I'm glad to know about the missing puppy glitch :).
You're welcome! I had a sim holding the puppy during the problem goals and my puppy did not disappear. I can't say if I would have encountered the glitch or not otherwise but I definitely didn't lost the puppy while a sim was holding on to it!
mockingbird288z

simmare wrote:

I've tried all that short of resetting the game, and still no puppy. Unfortunately, my last cloud save was right after I brought the puppy home, and didn't yet realize it had already disappeared. Would a reset work in that case? I'm still going to try submitting a ticket to FM once I get to my PC.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Honestly, I would reset and try again. If you for sure didn't save to the cloud after you go to the "Place Puppy food in the dish" goal you should be able to return to a point in your game where you have the puppy still. You will lose some time as resetting won't also reset the timer but FM has a pretty bad track record of fixing this kind of problems. Better to try what you can before the timer runs out altogether.

Edit: If you have another device available (a friend or family member's) you can download the game and your saved data there to check if you have the puppy in your saved game. That way you would know before resetting your game.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

mockingbird288z wrote:
You're welcome! I had a sim holding the puppy during the problem goals and my puppy did not disappear. I can't say if I would have encountered the glitch or not otherwise but I definitely didn't lost the puppy while a sim was holding on to it!
Oh, my sim hold the puppy very tight until she had to put it down on the X :D.
Another sim did all the other tasks in another house ;) , and everything went well :).
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
mockingbird288z

Microdot wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
Oh, my sim hold the puppy very tight until she had to put it down on the X :D.
Another sim did all the other tasks in another house ;) , and everything went well :).
Good to hear!! :D