[Discovery QUEST] Saved by the Spell

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [Discovery QUEST] Saved by the Spell

Post by alligatorade52 »

I haven't had the quest become available from what I can tell. I updated for the Halloween update, did that and the pretty little planters quest, but never got this quest. I read in a previous post discovery quests can be started anytime, can someone explain how? Thanks!
Level 55; Penthouse Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

alligatorade52 wrote:I haven't had the quest become available from what I can tell. I updated for the Halloween update, did that and the pretty little planters quest, but never got this quest. I read in a previous post discovery quests can be started anytime, can someone explain how? Thanks!
Have you done the Book of Spells quest? It is started after building the Sorcerous Supplies store. You need to have completed the Book of Spells quest to be able to do the Saved by the Spell quest.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

mockingbird288z wrote:Have you done the Book of Spells quest? It is started after building the Sorcerous Supplies store. You need to have completed the Book of Spells quest to be able to do the Saved by the Spell quest.
Yep, I've done both. The only one I haven't done is building the castle and the quest and hobbies associated with that. Any chance that has something to do with it?
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

alligatorade52 wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:Have you done the Book of Spells quest? It is started after building the Sorcerous Supplies store. You need to have completed the Book of Spells quest to be able to do the Saved by the Spell quest.
Yep, I've done both. The only one I haven't done is building the castle and the quest and hobbies associated with that. Any chance that has something to do with it?
You should have the wizard in the park, when tapping him you'll see if you meet the requirements. I think he should appear if you're on level 10 or higher. Seeing that you've done Pretty Planters, you're high enough.

One thing though, the announcement and placement of the wizard in the park is possibly triggered by going to town view. So if you've gone from sim to sim using the tracker to get in the park, you might not see him (yet).
desintae
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by desintae »

I have one question why have i not got the saved by a spell?is it because I do not have the castle open?Because right now I am doing that quest.
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

Perturbee wrote:
alligatorade52 wrote:
You should have the wizard in the park, when tapping him you'll see if you meet the requirements. I think he should appear if you're on level 10 or higher. Seeing that you've done Pretty Planters, you're high enough.

One thing though, the announcement and placement of the wizard in the park is possibly triggered by going to town view. So if you've gone from sim to sim using the tracker to get in the park, you might not see him (yet).
I had gone to town view multiple times. But, I went to the park and there he was! I guess I didn't get the announcement for some reason. Anyway, thank you for the help, Perturbee and mockingbird! :D
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

alligatorade52 wrote:I had gone to town view multiple times. But, I went to the park and there he was! I guess I didn't get the announcement for some reason. Anyway, thank you for the help, Perturbee and mockingbird! :D
Those discovery quests have tricked me several times. :mrgreen:
Dolly
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Dolly »

Lydiacarlile wrote:I can't find the wizard at his cottage? I went high five the wizard at his cottage and he is not there?
I'm having the same problem I've looked all over, tried different sims, looked at different houses, tried reloading the game. I have the same problem on my Kindle and my iPhone. I submitted this to fire monkeys, but the wait time is two weeks. I've also commented on the Facebook page. It might help if you reported to fire monkeys and commented on the official site. I don't know if they can fix it before the time is up. They might be able to do something for those of us who won't be able to complete the quest do to bugs.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

desintae wrote:I have one question why have i not got the saved by a spell?is it because I do not have the castle open?Because right now I am doing that quest.
The quest for the castle is also a Discovery Quest like Saved by the Spell. You can only do one discovery quest at a time. Once you are done with the Royal Lineage quest you should be able to do Saved by the Spell (provided you have already done Book of Spells).
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Bendybanana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bendybanana »

It looks like I'm also stuffed by the wizard disappearing. 12 hours to go and he's nowhere to be found. What a waste of time and now I won't be able to get the house.
HFN = 21 West Side
Fire pole = 2 Fortune Docks
Haunted House = Volcano View
Dog = 3 West Oceanside
Cat = 4 West Oceanside
Level 55, all updates