[Discovery QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: [QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

Post by Perturbee »

There have been multiple reports on FB that the quest doesn't show for some people. It's unknown why and currently there isn't a fix. Please do report it with FM.
FavoredLadi
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by FavoredLadi »

Can someone show an example of how to use the posts for the balcony under the home store please?
A smile a day keeps the frown away!! :)
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lyla L »

If you can watch a YouTube video, I do a quick placement of a support post at 17:00 here -- https://youtu.be/bwIBB6UckOk?t=17m (link goes directly to the right time). Basically you can put a post anywhere under a balcony, but each one takes up 4 blocks so you need to make sure there is space.
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
FavoredLadi
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by FavoredLadi »

Lyla L wrote:If you can watch a YouTube video, I do a quick placement of a support post at 17:00 here -- https://youtu.be/bwIBB6UckOk?t=17m (link goes directly to the right time). Basically you can put a post anywhere under a balcony, but each one takes up 4 blocks so you need to make sure there is space.

Thank you, Lyla! :)
A smile a day keeps the frown away!! :)
Simmer1986
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simmer1986 »

Not complaining but I'm sure part of the quest finished too soon for me, when the game loaded to my sim at the diy home it came up completed the examine the camera task, I'd only been on it a few hours and its meant to take over 10.. Hopefully I can still complete the quest as normal
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I'm enjoying the balconies, but they sure are expensive... especially with the nicer rails. I just blew over a million simoleons renovating 4 buildings. And I'm just getting started! :roll:

My town is now broke, but at least it will have cool houses.
Sherry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sherry »

ErinPW wrote:When I opend the game this morning, I got the "Get started now!" and headed to the community center :oops: I did not note the "prepare..." :lol:
Mine did the same thing. It told me to get started, but no quest. It's still May 6 for a few more hours where I live though. ;)
Lizzie
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Lizzie »

Simmer1986 wrote:Not complaining but I'm sure part of the quest finished too soon for me, when the game loaded to my sim at the diy home it came up completed the examine the camera task, I'd only been on it a few hours and its meant to take over 10.. Hopefully I can still complete the quest as normal
I just had the opposite happen. I started the examine cameras task a few hours ago and went check the progress. My sim had 7 hours and 3 minutes left so I was waiting for the time to drop below 7 hours and then I was going to use 6 LP to finish it. But then my sim moved to another camera and suddenly the time left switched back to 10 hrs 30 minutes. Now I guess I'll just wait a half hour and use 9 LP just to get past this task.
Migrainequeen
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Migrainequeen »

Mine advanced both the examine cameras & rehearse flirting tasks! Pretty happy I didn't have to spend any lp.
Game Center Id: Migrainequeen
Dream House Update
HFN: #12 west side - coming soon*
*currently the pink house behind the starter home but I'm updating it soon.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Strange, the Examine Camera task did not appear for me and went straight to Rehearse flirting