[Discovery QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
valtys
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

Post by valtys »

The balconies are great. I do hope they add longer posts though, for third or higher floor balconies. I have a very tall balcony that looks weird without a post.
Gamecenter: oneleaftea
HFN's: 1 East Oceanside by Lighthouse: Has everything. Includes firepole!
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Deedee wrote:Hopefully the game wouldn't allow me to start at all as that would be a bug IMHO as well as mean, but I am not going to test it and find out as I'm not running any test games.

What is the finish prize for balconies anyway?
If you click on the link in the first post of this thread, Perturbee posted all the info you want, there on her blog. To see the prizes, click on the 3rd option (on the blog page) called Show Finish.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

Seems like there is no prize if I'm understanding it correctly :/
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Deedee wrote:Seems like there is no prize if I'm understanding it correctly :/
The reward is planters and privacy screens. There are some indoor and some outdoor privacy screens.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
DollyMixture
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by DollyMixture »

Are there any sliding or patio doors for the balconies? I've built a balcony but how do the Sims get onto it? I did look in the doors section of the home store but didn't spot snything.
Level 54, Game centre id on profile. Castle courtyard open.

HFN - 1 Firehouse Rd, most things, dog and frisbee and cat, oven on fire, boombox, salsa, pool stuff, telescope,movie camera,easel,haunted and magic stuff, fussball,firepole.
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

DollyMixture wrote:Are there any sliding or patio doors for the balconies? I've built a balcony but how do the Sims get onto it? I did look in the doors section of the home store but didn't spot snything.
You just use the standard doors.

Sliding doors would be pretty cool. At least then, the sims wouldn't get stuck in a door!
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

I'm loving the patios and balconies but I'm a bit annoyed that the support posts for the balconies take up 4 squares on the grid. I've built 2 small balconies both of which happen to be right on the edge of the lot grid which limits where I can position the support. 1 is between 2 walls so it looks ok, but the other is on a corner and so it's rather floating on air! As it's a very teeny balcony on a houseboat, I loose the space to put a gardening plot underneath if I have to position the support in the middle rather than at the corner as I wanted.
Hmm ... Just had a thought ... Maybe I can put the gardening plot on the balcony instead of under it?? Back to the drawing board!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

MimLady wrote:I'm loving the patios and balconies but I'm a bit annoyed that the support posts for the balconies take up 4 squares on the grid. I've built 2 small balconies both of which happen to be right on the edge of the lot grid which limits where I can position the support. 1 is between 2 walls so it looks ok, but the other is on a corner and so it's rather floating on air! As it's a very teeny balcony on a houseboat, I loose the space to put a gardening plot underneath if I have to position the support in the middle rather than at the corner as I wanted.
Hmm ... Just had a thought ... Maybe I can put the gardening plot on the balcony instead of under it?? Back to the drawing board!
What are these supports? I built a balcony and did not need any supports at all. Maybe mine are held up by magic. :lol:
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
DollyMixture
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by DollyMixture »

Dellie wrote:
DollyMixture wrote:Are there any sliding or patio doors for the balconies? I've built a balcony but how do the Sims get onto it? I did look in the doors section of the home store but didn't spot snything.
You just use the standard doors.

Sliding doors would be pretty cool. At least then, the sims wouldn't get stuck in a door!
Thanks.
Level 54, Game centre id on profile. Castle courtyard open.

HFN - 1 Firehouse Rd, most things, dog and frisbee and cat, oven on fire, boombox, salsa, pool stuff, telescope,movie camera,easel,haunted and magic stuff, fussball,firepole.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

telemwill wrote: ...
What are these supports? I built a balcony and did not need any supports at all. Maybe mine are held up by magic. :lol:
There is an extra tab between balcony and balcony-tiles :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View