[Discovery QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
ErinPW

Re: [QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

Post by ErinPW »

Madlyaddicted wrote:I've done the patio quest and keep getting the 'Ad' for the balcony quest but where is it? Nothing comes up for me to do.
Bree doesn't show up right away after completing the patio quest. Here's a quote from earlier in this topic:
pandap4nts wrote:
ErinPW wrote:I just read on the german forum, it looks like we have to wait 24 hours after completing the patio quest, before we can start the balcony quest. The start info will appear when we switch to the town map. Only then we will find Bree at the Community Center.
Blackderp wrote:I can't find Bree or anyway to start the quest anywhere. I tried the park and the Community Center but they are empty.
Did you complete the patio quest? If yes, you might have to wait a few more hours.
Hi, y'all. I just wanted to bump this because it is exactly how it worked for me, and I'd like to spare any fellow anxiety-ridden players from submitting needless tickets at fire monkeys, and/or pulling their hair out over virtual balconies.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

Oh, thanks for the info about the support posts. I really didn't know what they were for :lol:
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

Is it there any pictures of the DIY Home? 'cause I remember that you were able to do some sort of patio upstairs (like a terrace?? it's like a balcony which isn't exactly hanging, can I do that?) and I haven't been able to build anything like that so Idk maybe I0m mistaking it for another thing xD

ETA: Oh never mind! It's a balcony but it's just not hanging :P
Tutti Frutti Update
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

I am a nortorious picture taker so if anyone does want pictures let me know, I did take pictures of the DIY house because I liked it.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

You can't do a second floor patio, but you can make it look that way with balconies. Don't fill up all the upstairs space with rooms. Then notice when you click on balconies, you see yellow lines. Anything within the yellow lines can be made into a balcony. In fact, you can turn the entire floor into a roof top garden that way. I just added a second floor to my library, and except for a community kitchen, it is all balcony.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

telemwill wrote:You can't do a second floor patio, but you can make it look that way with balconies. Don't fill up all the upstairs space with rooms. Then notice when you click on balconies, you see yellow lines. Anything within the yellow lines can be made into a balcony. In fact, you can turn the entire floor into a roof top garden that way. I just added a second floor to my library, and except for a community kitchen, it is all balcony.
Thanks! I actually realized about this right after posting here and I did it :D
Tutti Frutti Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

calleighwolfe wrote:
telemwill wrote:You can't do a second floor patio, but you can make it look that way with balconies. Don't fill up all the upstairs space with rooms. Then notice when you click on balconies, you see yellow lines. Anything within the yellow lines can be made into a balcony. In fact, you can turn the entire floor into a roof top garden that way. I just added a second floor to my library, and except for a community kitchen, it is all balcony.
Thanks! I actually realized about this right after posting here and I did it :D
Ha ha! Yes, I saw your edit just after I posted. Glad you got it done!
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Hayley95 »

I just got back from a 1 month vacation a few days ago and I had already completed the patio quest before leaving. But I cant find Bree at the park anywhere for the next balcony quest. Can anyone please tell me how to get the quest, it has been weeks since I completed the previous quest.
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55
shamrock
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by shamrock »

Hayley95 wrote:I cant find Bree at the park anywhere for the next balcony quest.
She should be at the Community Center.
Romance Update | Android | lvl 55
Played since the Carnival Update

Goodbye
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Hayley95 »

shamrock wrote:
Hayley95 wrote:I cant find Bree at the park anywhere for the next balcony quest.
She should be at the Community Center.
Oh thanks a lot :) I didnt know about that. Lol :D I just assumed she would be at the park, silly me!
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55