Quests and their order of appearance

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: Quests and their order of appearance

Post by Perturbee »

mclarenf1racer wrote:In sous judgemental, you mention that a toddler needs to make a mud pie, what if I don't have a toddler? I've just aged my last one to pre teen today before I noticed this.
Sadly, you'll stay on that task until you have a toddler to complete it. I haven't seen a way around it.
rubysims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by rubysims »

Perturbee wrote:
mclarenf1racer wrote:In sous judgemental, you mention that a toddler needs to make a mud pie, what if I don't have a toddler? I've just aged my last one to pre teen today before I noticed this.
Sadly, you'll stay on that task until you have a toddler to complete it. I haven't seen a way around it.

Actually I think that was changed to make a mud pie last update because I had an adult make it? Not entirely sure though.
mclarenf1racer
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by mclarenf1racer »

thanks for the replies, I am now able to confirm that an adult can make mud pie so me happy now. many thanks again
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

mclarenf1racer wrote:thanks for the replies, I am now able to confirm that an adult can make mud pie so me happy now. many thanks again
Thanks for confirming! Updated on the blog.
mclarenf1racer
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by mclarenf1racer »

absolutely no probs Perturbee, im very thankful for what you have created, many many thank yous
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

I'm sorry, I've been going through all these lists of quests and I still aren't clear on something: does the quilting hobby quest go straight to the life dreams and legacies one? is there any way to just... stop it before the whole aging thing is set into motion?
I would like to keep the game death-less (and thus get off the quest-train after the quilting quest) but I don't want to screw it up by ignoring the timer on the life dreams and legacies quest and thus miss out on the singing salmon thingie that's apparently very useful... you know, if I in the future decide to still get into this whole aging craze, that singing fish might come in handy.
Any advice is very welcome and thank you so much for your help!
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

randy_thrandy wrote:I'm sorry, I've been going through all these lists of quests and I still aren't clear on something: does the quilting hobby quest go straight to the life dreams and legacies one?
Yes. Both the In Stitches quest and the Life Dreams and Legacies quest are part of the queued main quests that start one right after the other.
randy_thrandy wrote: is there any way to just... stop it before the whole aging thing is set into motion?
The aging starts specifically at goal #7 of the Life Dreams and Legacies quest. If you don't want the aging to start you have to just not complete goal #6 or anything before that.
randy_thrandy wrote:I would like to keep the game death-less (and thus get off the quest-train after the quilting quest) but I don't want to screw it up by ignoring the timer on the life dreams and legacies quest and thus miss out on the singing salmon thingie that's apparently very useful... you know, if I in the future decide to still get into this whole aging craze, that singing fish might come in handy.
Any advice is very welcome and thank you so much for your help!
You can either stop somewhere in the In Stitches quest or don't go beyond the first goal of the Life Dreams quest. Either way you miss out on unlocking either the patchwork teddy or the singing salmon. I personally would let go of the patchwork teddy.

If you've completed the Basement of Kings quest within the time limit you can build the DIY house that has a singing salmon in it.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

I hope I understand this right: if i don't complete the in stitches quest, I don't unlock the quilting hobby?
And if start the life dreams and legacies quest but never complete the 2nd task (send invitations on a computer), I miss out on the singing salmon but i also don't invite the reaper to mess around in my sim tow and my sims don't start aging?
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

randy_thrandy wrote:I hope I understand this right: if i don't complete the in stitches quest, I don't unlock the quilting hobby?
Correct because the last goal of that quest is to buy the quilting bench from the hobby store.

randy_thrandy wrote:And if start the life dreams and legacies quest but never complete the 2nd task (send invitations on a computer), I miss out on the singing salmon but i also don't invite the reaper to mess around in my sim tow and my sims don't start aging?
Correct. As long as you don't get to the 7th goal (open age controller) aging and dying won't start in your game but if you never go beyond the 6th goal the timer for the singing salmon would eventually run out and even if you wanted later to finish the quest you wouldn't be able to unlock the singing salmon.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

Magnificent! Thank you so much for your help!
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~