Quests and their order of appearance

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Quests and their order of appearance

Post by katgames »

Thanks mockingbird -- i appreciate the info. I kinda understood it that way but updates sometimes make things shaky. But doesn't the Fairy part end in April? Anyway your answer tells me that if I did the Castle one first so I didn't miss Faries, the Latin one will still be there. I hate missing special stuff...

And yes, the shoulder is much better thanks. I start physical therapy this week so I'm haopy about that. 4 months and counting I've bee. Messing with this but no complains really cuz it's nuthin' compared to what a lotta peeps have to deal with so its all good. I'm good. *nods*
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Some of the tasks in the game for quests are different now. For instance: In the Ocean View Estate quest you no longer bake Banana Bread, it's been changed to Pumpkin Pie.
There was a difference in some tasks for Two and A Half Sims, but I completely forgot to write them down.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Thanks for the heads up. I've changed the Banana Bread task on the blog accordingly.

I don't know when I'll be able to do a new play-through for the others. It's rather time consuming to start all over and go through the quests.
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

I'll try to keep you informed of major differences as I go through the quests. :) Regular time differences made since the various updates; example: 1-star toilets and sinks are 7 seconds; are easiest to check, though.
The time to 'Find the Mysterious Island on a Globe' is 1 minute 30 seconds. Saw the time was missing in the blog post.

Edit: I checked your blog post, Pumpkin Pie is 10 hours, not 40 minutes (that's Apple Pie). Just wanted to let you know!

Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

whoviandragon wrote:I'll try to keep you informed of major differences as I go through the quests. :) Regular time differences made since the various updates; example: 1-star toilets and sinks are 7 seconds; are easiest to check, though.
The time to 'Find the Mysterious Island on a Globe' is 1 minute 30 seconds. Saw the time was missing in the blog post.

Edit: I checked your blog post, Pumpkin Pie is 10 hours, not 40 minutes (that's Apple Pie). Just wanted to let you know!
Thank you, I don't know where my mind was. You're right, Pumpkin Pie is 10 hours. I changed both tasks you mentioned.
As for starred items, all times are normally for 3 star items, unless they're tied in with the location (like the DIY quests). It's kind of hard to keep these things up to date, FM has changed times for actions too often. I recently noticed that an espresso (on the 3-star coffee machine) takes only 10 seconds in the Seniors update, while it's 16 seconds now.
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Perturbee wrote:
whoviandragon wrote:I'll try to keep you informed of major differences as I go through the quests. :) Regular time differences made since the various updates; example: 1-star toilets and sinks are 7 seconds; are easiest to check, though.

Thank you, I don't know where my mind was. You're right, Pumpkin Pie is 10 hours. I changed both tasks you mentioned.
As for starred items, all times are normally for 3 star items, unless they're tied in with the location (like the DIY quests). It's kind of hard to keep these things up to date, FM has changed times for actions too often. I recently noticed that an espresso (on the 3-star coffee machine) takes only 10 seconds in the Seniors update, while it's 16 seconds now.
You're welcome. It had completely thrown me off since I'd prepped the Banana Bread and not Pumpkin Pie, so I wanted to make sure others weren't affected.

They changed a lot of times in several recent updates. The times went from what we were used to, then to ridiculous, then some were shortened and other still ridiculous, and now they've sort of evened out. Now it's higher-star item and flooring/wallpaper prices which have been raised. Since item times went through a fluctuation, decrease, and leveling, hopefully the same will *eventually* happen to prices. But I personally don't see that happening for awhile.

Don't update anymore.

whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Change in Need for Steed! No driving task, and Spot Horses with a Telescope is only 5 minutes. Call Mysterious Number is 1 and a half hours, with the 3 star phone, 2 hours with 1 star.

Don't update anymore.

Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Thank you, updated.
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

telemwill wrote:As long as you don't start the life dreams quest, you should be fine. Be aware that using the phone will begin it. Some players have taken all the phones out of their houses.
I know this is old and may have been discussed -- but I hadn't been playing much for awhile, and have updated to newest update. I had taken precaution of removing all phones previously. I just completed the Need for Steed quest ( is that the name? It's the one with the stables...) , Life Dreams is 3 quests ahead . And I've started the Unicorn quest , I used the phone for the quest, and it didn't trigger the aging of the Sims. I was also afraid having to deal with the Grim Reaper at the DIY house would trigger it, but it didn't. So, at least in my experience, using the phone didn't do anything.
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

It's the "Call a Friend" task that starts it (if the quest is showing as active). It sounds like you have several others queued up before it, which means it'll be most likely the last one in the queue.