Quests and their order of appearance

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Quests and their order of appearance

Post by HordePrime »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I'm waiting until a week or two has gone by to see if that holds true for anybody that updated and is ignoring the quest. If they updated, but don't do the quest and their Sims don't age, you can just keep playing the way you always have and nobody would age up or die automatically. I might consider updating at that point.
The thing is, any subsequent quests they add to the game will be added to the queue after this one, so if you ignore one quest, you'll never be able to do any more, ever.
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SheilaB »

That wasn't what I experienced in my daughter's game which accidentally updated. I created a new sim to do the goals. I set her pre-existing sims to hibernate. I interrupted hibernation at 23 hrs. They completed no other actions, but their life circles had begun turning green. The toddler's circle was most advanced at 1/4 green. The life circle of the sim I missed when hibernating showed no color change. I have left all her sims to idle and there has been no further change except in inspiration.[/quote]

If you do the goals you automatically start the aging process. That's why your sims are aging - you have one doing the goals. Folks are reporting on FB that if you ignore the quest, don't speak to Osiris and don't get the aging controller from him, you can keep playing and your sims won't age.

I'm waiting until a week or two has gone by to see if that holds true for anybody that updated and is ignoring the quest. If they updated, but don't do the quest and their Sims don't age, you can just keep playing the way you always have and nobody would age up or die automatically. I might consider updating at that point.[/quote]

Yes, beginning the quest started the aging. I thought it would be like the senior quest in which aging would happen anyway after the timer ended and not completing would mean only no prize. So I began the quest in my daughter's game. Blackbrit's question was would interrupting hibernation reset the action. Perturbee's response was that interrupting the hibernation did halt the aging. I was simply reporting that I did not experience that delay of age progression in my daughter's game. Like you, I am waiting to update my own game to see what happens.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

HordePrime wrote:
Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I'm waiting until a week or two has gone by to see if that holds true for anybody that updated and is ignoring the quest. If they updated, but don't do the quest and their Sims don't age, you can just keep playing the way you always have and nobody would age up or die automatically. I might consider updating at that point.
The thing is, any subsequent quests they add to the game will be added to the queue after this one, so if you ignore one quest, you'll never be able to do any more, ever.
Yeah, but by the time they come up with something new, they might have figured out a way to glitch THIS quest (or, as I said in another thread, they'll get smart and add Orbs to their online store, along with LP, SP and Simoleons). People who want to keep their existing Sims and not fool around with this stupid quest will go buy Orbs, save all their Sims, EA will get rich (again) off of their FREE game and everybody will be happy, sort of.

You could make a Sim just to do the goals of the quest, but if you bought enough platinum orbs, it won't affect your other Sims. Then you could do future quests.

They can either make people really angry and not do that at all, or be nice, offer the orbs for sale at a discount (say for 42 days, right?) and then just have them in the market like they do with the other currency. People might be peeved about spending real money on a "free" game, but the reality of it is, all mobile games are beginning to move toward "pay to play." People are getting away from PC games and console games. My son has a bunch of Wii and PS3 games and he mostly plays some LOTR game on his iPad now. Because he WORKS crazy hours (he's a veterinarian) and the iPad is the way for him to play in his down time - he certainly can't drag a PC or console around everywhere.

People have said they would "subscribe" to be able to play their game the way they want to. I pay for HULU, I know people who pay for NETFLIX. Would any of us be willing to pay $2-$3 / month (or something like that) to play this game? They could offer free, basic and premium subscriptions - premium subscribers would get a discount in the online store or be able to purchase access to discontinued items offered monthly (singing fish, turbo lift, clothes) as an incentive. Maybe base it on levels - you play to Level 25 for free and if you want to move on, you need to subscribe. That way new people would know what they are getting into when they sign up, and the rest of us who have been around awhile could make some decisions about how much we really want to keep playing and what it might cost. But it wouldn't cost us our Sims!

I know a lot of people here say they won't pay real money for a "free" game. But I'll bet a lot of them would give up a Starbucks visit, give up a magazine subscription or brown bag it to work once in awhile to free up a couple of bucks to keep their game and be able to play it the way they want to with a basic subscription.

If anybody has ever dropped a handful of quarters in a PacMan or Asteroids or PinBall machine, dropped $40 on a Nintendo or PS3 or XBox game, or over $500 on all of the Sims /Sim City games... and it's probably the extremely rare person who has NEVER done any one of those in their lifetime, subscribing to a game like this might be the way to go. How many millions of SFP players are there? If they charged $2 or $3 / month for a basic subscription, they'd make a fortune. I would cancel my Hulu ($7 / month) to be able to play with my Sims the way I intended when I created them. I spend more time on SFP than I do watching TV anyway.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SheilaB »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:
HordePrime wrote:
Yeah, but by the time they come up with something new, they might have figured out a way to glitch THIS quest (or, as I said in another thread, they'll get smart and add Orbs to their online store, along with LP, SP and Simoleons). People who want to keep their existing Sims and not fool around with this stupid quest will go buy Orbs, save all their Sims, EA will get rich (again) off of their FREE game and everybody will be happy, sort of.

You could make a Sim just to do the goals of the quest, but if you bought enough platinum orbs, it won't affect your other Sims. Then you could do future quests.

They can either make people really angry and not do that at all, or be nice, offer the orbs for sale at a discount (say for 42 days, right?) and then just have them in the market like they do with the other currency. People might be peeved about spending real money on a "free" game, but the reality of it is, all mobile games are beginning to move toward "pay to play." People are getting away from PC games and console games. My son has a bunch of Wii and PS3 games and he mostly plays some LOTR game on his iPad now. Because he WORKS crazy hours (he's a veterinarian) and the iPad is the way for him to play in his down time - he certainly can't drag a PC or console around everywhere.

People have said they would "subscribe" to be able to play their game the way they want to. I pay for HULU, I know people who pay for NETFLIX. Would any of us be willing to pay $2-$3 / month (or something like that) to play this game? They could offer free, basic and premium subscriptions - premium subscribers would get a discount in the online store or be able to purchase access to discontinued items offered monthly (singing fish, turbo lift, clothes) as an incentive. Maybe base it on levels - you play to Level 25 for free and if you want to move on, you need to subscribe. That way new people would know what they are getting into when they sign up, and the rest of us who have been around awhile could make some decisions about how much we really want to keep playing and what it might cost. But it wouldn't cost us our Sims!

I know a lot of people here say they won't pay real money for a "free" game. But I'll bet a lot of them would give up a Starbucks visit, give up a magazine subscription or brown bag it to work once in awhile to free up a couple of bucks to keep their game and be able to play it the way they want to with a basic subscription.

If anybody has ever dropped a handful of quarters in a PacMan or Asteroids or PinBall machine, dropped $40 on a Nintendo or PS3 or XBox game, or over $500 on all of the Sims /Sim City games... and it's probably the extremely rare person who has NEVER done any one of those in their lifetime, subscribing to a game like this might be the way to go. How many millions of SFP players are there? If they charged $2 or $3 / month for a basic subscription, they'd make a fortune. I would cancel my Hulu ($7 / month) to be able to play with my Sims the way I intended when I created them. I spend more time on SFP than I do watching TV anyway.
That is such a reasonable solution, I'm sure EA would never go for it ;) They would much rather triple bill us for the orb packs that will likely show up in the store in the very near future.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Brilliant, as always, Hufflepuff Karen. Too bad you are not in charge.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

I can see them adding orbs to the online store, but I can't see them offering them at a discount.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Nesrin Ghorab
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Reminder: Cheats/hacks/glitches!

Post by Nesrin Ghorab »

Hi ! I have a question about the higher education update. One of the quests is to start a career in the town hall, but I don't have one. When I tried to build the town hall one of the requirements was completing the higher education quest, so I can't build it. Also I can't pass the higher education quest with LPs. What can I do now to solve this problem ? Is this a bug in the system or what ? Please help me.
Thanks
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

[moved] Re: Reminder: Cheats/hacks/glitches!

Post by Perturbee »

Nesrin Ghorab wrote:Hi ! I have a question about the higher education update. One of the quests is to start a career in the town hall, but I don't have one. When I tried to build the town hall one of the requirements was completing the higher education quest, so I can't build it. Also I can't pass the higher education quest with LPs. What can I do now to solve this problem ? Is this a bug in the system or what ? Please help me.
Thanks
I've moved your post here from the reminder about hacks thread.

I have done that quest again recently and I suspect you tapped on the High School building.
The Town Hall is available much earlier and if already built, the task to build it is skipped. So you'll see the next one instead (Start a new career at the Town Hall).
Town Hall vs Sim Town High
Town Hall vs Sim Town High
See also: http://simsfp.blogspot.com/2014/02/ques ... ation.html
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Updated with the new changes:
- Need for Steed at level 11
- Hidden Unicorn at 14
- Increased starting levels for the ones after 11.
moonwalker
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by moonwalker »

Haven't played in almost a year, just started up again and am working through quests. I would like to have Sim seniors but not have this dying/orb business I've been reading about. If I finish all quests through Quilting and don't do any Life Legacy tasks, will that keep forced aging from happening? Or should I stop during the Quilting quest (and not have that hobby for the seniors?----- would like to have it if possible.) I just started the Road to Fame/Teen Idol thing.

I have the horse hobbies (which I was most interested in) and the toddler playhouse hobby. Don't really care much about the carnival and the monkey arcade, or whatever it is. I just don't want to be forced to age up Sims or pay to keep them at the same age. I want to choose when (or if) to age a Sim or delete it myself. And this orb business just sounds like a pain in the neck. I'm not into a lot of "timed" hurry and get it done stuff, I have enough of that in real life. I just like leisurely playing with little characters at my own pace. And I don't have a lot of time to devote to the game, nor do I want to devote a lot of time to it.

I play on an iPad and use the Cloud to switch to the iPhone for when I'm on the go (so I can check in and send the Sim kids to school or their parents to work on time.)

I have 26 Sims and can't get another until level 38, and I'm on 34 (I think) now.
16 adults
1 teen
5 pre-teens
4 toddlers

I would like to make several multi generational families and keep them as long as I choose.