[QUEST] The Pirate and his Goddess (1st of October!)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Dana Anderson-James

Re: [QUEST] The Pirate and his Goddess (1st of October!)

Post by Dana Anderson-James »

RENZponsible wrote:Yup ^_^ it changed!
Yay! We will have about a 40 hour wiggle room. Maybe it was a typo to start of with. I know they're cruel, but that that cruel.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

telemwill wrote:
Perturbee wrote:
telemwill wrote: The goddess monument with give % extra XP for hobbying.
Thanks, Perturbee! I saw the Pirate Pack, but was wondering what the final objective was. I guess I won't need to stress over the statue part then until FM adds another level to the game. (Now if we got more LPs for hobbying.....)
According to FM the Goddess monument will "give your Sims a chance of earning bonus Hobby skill after any hobby interaction."
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Does that mean they will progress faster through the levels? That's nice, but I don't know if it is nice enough to spend lots of LP and SP on.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

mockingbird288z wrote:According to FM the Goddess monument will "give your Sims a chance of earning bonus Hobby skill after any hobby interaction."
Yes, you're right, it does say "Bonus hobby skill"!
dippy
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by dippy »

Perturbee wrote:
dippy wrote:Is this a quest for everyone from today or can I leave it queued? Thanks
It's just like any other regular quest, since it's queued. Special events are added in parallel.
Timer starts when the quest becomes available to you (depending on how long and where it in your queue is).
Thanks. Assumed that this was the case :)
GC ID ~dippy~
HFN - Vacant house in front of the bridge (includes pets)
Haunted house - Near Fire station (includes pets)
Silvestris
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Silvestris »

So just to confirm, we have a week to finish the quest once it's started? So I don't have to start it right away to unlock the pirate hairdos?

And I haven't started the aging quest yet, so I have to finish that before I can start pirate one?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Silvestris wrote:So just to confirm, we have a week to finish the quest once it's started? So I don't have to start it right away to unlock the pirate hairdos?

And I haven't started the aging quest yet, so I have to finish that before I can start pirate one?
Once started, you have a week to complete the pirate quest to get the pirate fashion pack. As it takes approximately 5.5 days to complete you don't necessarily need to start right away but it would be a good idea to start it as soon as you can.

You should see in your quest queue where the pirate quest will be for you.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Spirit64
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Spirit64 »

I just finished the quest, costing me a lot LP, but there are no new hairstyles in the salon!
Am I looking in the wrong place?

Found it! I thought it was under teenagers, but we can only use it for adults. Too bad!
Friedeldiedel
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Friedeldiedel »

This quest didn't start for me, even though I do have a teen and the right level. Is it because I'm in the middle of another quest? I'd hoped it would show up as an extra side quest like the hair one :cry:

Edit: I don't have the community center. That's probably it. Damn it, this looked like a lot of fun. I hope I can still play it once I've advanced in the game. I've been deliberately stuck in the teen quest, because I didn't have to sacrifice any prizes for it.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Friedeldiedel wrote:This quest didn't start for me, even though I do have a teen and the right level. Is it because I'm in the middle of another quest? I'd hoped it would show up as an extra side quest like the hair one :cry:

Edit: I don't have the community center. That's probably it. Damn it, this looked like a lot of fun. I hope I can still play it once I've advanced in the game. I've been deliberately stuck in the teen quest, because I didn't have to sacrifice any prizes for it.
If you tap on the "Active tasks" in the lower left sim needs thing, you can see the task you're on and above it should be the queued quests list. If you're still on another quest it doesn't start and will give you time to build the community center. (Building it is part of the "Multistory Renovations" quest, which should happen before you reach this one).

So, no need to worry, you will still get to do the quest and are able to get the fashionpack if you do it within the week given.