[QUEST] The Pirate and his Goddess (1st of October!)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Sherry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [QUEST] The Pirate and his Goddess (1st of October!)

Post by Sherry »

My 5 Sims got up and left the town meeting. They were very bored. ;)

I'm still working on the beginning (entry way) of my resturant so I need lots of man/woman power.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

calleighwolfe wrote:Gotta read this thread carefully 'cause I've just finished the quest and I'm lost now :lol:

ETA: I've read it and now I ask: I haven't completed my monuments so the Gold will go to the old monument or to the Goddess one? :S
Depends on what gold resource. The gold gem will go to the goddess monument and the gold bars will go to the other monument or if you want to, a trade for for the gold gem. I don't really understand why they have used "gold" again. I know there are gold-colored gemstones but to call this new resource gold when there is already a gold resource seems strange. Sapphire, IMHO, would have been a better choice.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

mockingbird288z wrote:
calleighwolfe wrote:Gotta read this thread carefully 'cause I've just finished the quest and I'm lost now :lol:

ETA: I've read it and now I ask: I haven't completed my monuments so the Gold will go to the old monument or to the Goddess one? :S
Depends on what gold resource. The gold gem will go to the goddess monument and the gold bars will go to the other monument or if you want to, a trade for for the gold gem. I don't really understand why they have used "gold" again. I know there are gold-colored gemstones but to call this new resource gold when there is already a gold resource seems strange. Sapphire, IMHO, would have been a better choice.
Ohhhh now I get it! Thank you! I thought it was the same resource, maybe I just didn't pay attention to the drawings xD.
And the gold gems just appear when you practice hobbies or it comes with any random action just like the gold bars?
How do I make a trade? I clicked on the pirate ship and it says there isn't any available but I can get one paying 23LP :S
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

You can only trade once a day, if you have made a trade, I believe, I.e. You make a trade and then you can no longer trade again for 24 hours. If you choose not to trade, that same trade remains for the next 24 hours unless you change you mind and decide to trade.
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

ellasweet wrote:If you choose not to trade, that same trade remains for the next 24 hours unless you change you mind and decide to trade.
If you dont' want to accept the trade or if you don't have all the ressources asked for, you have 72 hours to get them before it changes.
If you do the trade, then you have to wait 24 hours for the next offer.
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

Thanks for the correction Delphine! I can stop checking so frequently to see if there is a new trade now!
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

I think that Catherina may write down an article about the goddess on her blog but if you want to have some details now, you can have a look at our article. The translation (by google) may show some mistakes but I think it is understable anyway.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Delphine wrote:I think that Catherina may write down an article about the goddess on her blog but if you want to have some details now, you can have a look at our article. The translation (by google) may show some mistakes but I think it is understable anyway.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=
Thank you for the translated French post, Delphine. I'm waiting for the update to see what they changed with the Goddess. Right now the bonus seems bugged and the trading doesn't work for those with level 70 monuments. I think that maybe the complaints about the high use of resources (especially the rare ones) might also change it.

There are also a few other things in my life that take priority over documenting the monument, but I'll get to it eventually.
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

As for the bonus is concerned, we can randomly see a small number, such as "50" . I think (it's only a guess) that it isn't a percentage as everybody expect but a progress number. I think it is the same thing that happened with the RLT, if you know what I mean. There used to be percentage at the very beginning but they changed to numbers at the following update. Instead of completing 100% of the orbs, we need to gather 15550 points (for a bronze one).
My guess is they will change the hobbies percentage progress to numbers and the goddess bonus is just a progression number.

And as for the trade price is concerned, I'm trying to find the formula by saving/charging in my game to get different offers.

In my game, the pirate always ask for the same amount of each ressource. It seems to be a fraction of my total number of the ressource. The more ressources you have, the more percentage they ask for. For instance, my earth monument is level
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

In my game, the pirate always ask for the same amount of each ressource. It seems to be a fraction of my total number of the ressource. The more ressources you have, the more percentage they ask for. For instance, my earth monument is level 28 and if the pirate asks for gold, he will ask for 7 gold bars. My water statue is level 20, the pirate would ask only for 5 perls. I have almost 29.000.000 simoleons, the pirate ask for 317.000 (1,0931%)

As you know, the pirate asks for the 12 statues ressources, SP and Simoleons. Those who have already completed one statue can't be asked for the ressources associated (if you have completed the water monument, the pirate won't ask for pearls for example). The bug for the people who have completed the 4 statues is that the game has removed the 12 ressources of the list of the possible demands and the game code is looking for the following ones instead. The following ones are the pirate ressources themself... which is absurd. It will be easy to fix I think, they could ask twice for the same ressource.

(I am sorry for the double post)

I hope my explanations are clear, it is quite difficult to explain in French, it is even less for me in English :D