[QUEST] The Pirate and his Goddess (1st of October!)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [QUEST] The Pirate and his Goddess (1st of October!)

Post by calleighwolfe »

Thanks to all of you. I understand now :)
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

Delphine wrote:It seems to be a fraction of my total number of the ressource. The more ressources you have, the more percentage they ask for. For instance, my earth monument is level 28 and if the pirate asks for gold, he will ask for 7 gold bars.

I hope my explanations are clear, it is quite difficult to explain in French, it is even less for me in English :D
Mine is level 10, but the pirate is still asking for 5 gold bars. I have seven gold bars and need 11 to get to the next level, so I'm not giving them to the pirate for another gold gem which I don't really need (so far my two trades have both resulted in getting gold gems!)

And it was an excellent explanation, Delphine, very helpful!
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

You mean you have 7/11 gold bars (for the terra monument) and the pirate is asking for 5 of them ?
I've had 26/28 gold bars yesterday and hé was asking for 7. This morning, I've found the 2 missing gold bars and have upgraded my terra monument. Therefore, i have 0/29 gold bars now. I'm curions to see how many the pirate is goinf to ask for tonight. I'll let you know.
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

Delphine wrote:You mean you have 7/11 gold bars (for the terra monument) and the pirate is asking for 5 of them ?
Yep! I heard it was supposed to be easier to trade if you had lower level monuments because the pirate didn't ask for much, but in this case, he is being a bit greedy!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Delphine wrote:You mean you have 7/11 gold bars (for the terra monument) and the pirate is asking for 5 of them ?
I've had 26/28 gold bars yesterday and hé was asking for 7. This morning, I've found the 2 missing gold bars and have upgraded my terra monument. Therefore, i have 0/29 gold bars now. I'm curions to see how many the pirate is goinf to ask for tonight. I'll let you know.
I think it also has to do with what level the goddess monument is on. In my tests when I had zero of the rarer resources (essence of wind, gold bars, pearl, magma) the pirate asked for 3 at first then he wanted 4. By level 6 he asked for 5 and then I am not sure what level it changed but at level 17 I was asked for 6. The pirate never asked for more than 6 (of the rarer resources). It's harder to figure out for the very common resources because it wasn't until the higher levels of the goddess monument that I had zero but it seemed they were between 15 and 16. For the resources that are not very common but not very rare (bamboo, onyx, bronze) I was asked for 12-14 for them when I had none (again, at the higher levels of the goddess monument).

It is very interesting to see what trades people are getting! I think with input from everyone we will eventually understand what exactly is going on.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

My goddess is at level 0. Riches of terra is highest monument at level 10. Currently being asked for 12 bronze, 9 chisels and 5 gold bars. I can't remember what I was asked for for the first trade, but I do know that all three items were very common ones that I had gazillions of.
mockingbird288z

I did another test to see what trade offers I would get if I started with 0 of the rare resources. First I used LP to level up all my original monuments and then started trading. First trade - asked for 1 rare resource. Second trade - asked for 2 rare resources. I was asked for 2 rare resources for the next trades as well. Then I got the pop up that I had enough resources to level the goddess monument - but I didn't. I wanted to see if I would keep only getting asked for 2 if I never upgraded the goddess monument. The next trade I was asked for only 2, however. The trade after that I was asked for 3 and the trade after that I was asked for 4. I didn't keep track but eventually and without upgrading the goddess monument at all, I was asked for 5 rare resources.

So instead of what level the goddess monument is on maybe what you are asked to trade (when you are at 0) is tied to how many trades you have done?
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

I've done two trades, getting a gold gem both times. Can't remember what I was asked for either (I mentioned earlier that I couldn't remember what I had been asked for for the first one, but I've actually done two). I wonder what else it could be based on? TV? Simoleons? I have a TV of around $11 million, which is quite low compared to some I've seen. I do have a lot of simoleons, as I bought and sold teen idol several times to boost my money :D I have around $28 million at the moment.
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote: I think it also has to do with what level the goddess monument is on. In my tests when I had zero of the rarer resources (essence of wind, gold bars, pearl, magma) the pirate asked for 3 at first then he wanted 4. By level 6 he asked for 5 and then I am not sure what level it changed but at level 17 I was asked for 6. The pirate never asked for more than 6 (of the rarer resources). It's harder to figure out for the very common resources because it wasn't until the higher levels of the goddess monument that I had zero but it seemed they were between 15 and 16. For the resources that are not very common but not very rare (bamboo, onyx, bronze) I was asked for 12-14 for them when I had none (again, at the higher levels of the goddess monument).
mockingbird288z wrote:I did another test to see what trade offers I would get if I started with 0 of the rare resources. First I used LP to level up all my original monuments and then started trading. First trade - asked for 1 rare resource. Second trade - asked for 2 rare resources. I was asked for 2 rare resources for the next trades as well. Then I got the pop up that I had enough resources to level the goddess monument - but I didn't. I wanted to see if I would keep only getting asked for 2 if I never upgraded the goddess monument. The next trade I was asked for only 2, however. The trade after that I was asked for 3 and the trade after that I was asked for 4. I didn't keep track but eventually and without upgrading the goddess monument at all, I was asked for 5 rare resources.

So instead of what level the goddess monument is on maybe what you are asked to trade (when you are at 0) is tied to how many trades you have done?
Okay. I did three tests. In two tests I zeroed out everything before trading (simoleons, sp, and all resources) to see if what level the Ancient Goddess monument was on played any role in how many resources were asked for when you had zero.

Test 1 - zeroed everything out and did not level goddess monument: First was asked for 1 rare resource, 2 common resource, and 3 very common resource. By the third trade it became 2 rare, 3 common, 4 very common. By the fifth trade it was 2 rare, 4, common, and 5 very common. By the eighth trade it was 3 rare, 4 common, 5 very common. By the 21st trade it was 4 rare, 5 common, 6 very common. At the 62nd trade it was still 4 rare but the common was up to 6 and the very common was 7. As for § and LP: always asked for §48,000 and 4-5LP.

Test 2 - zeroed everything out and leveled goddess monument: Started out exactly the same as test 1. But once the goddess monument was at level 2 (trade #12) I was asked for 7 very common resources. By the 18th trade (monument at level 3) it was 4 rare and 6 common - didn't get asked for very common resources for a few trades. Compared to test 1 there isn't a huge difference so far. At trade #44 , level 7 I was asked for 5 rare resources, 8 common, and 10 very common. By the 62nd trade I was at level 10 of the goddess monument and was being asked for 5 rare, 9 common, and 12 very common resources. Always still §48,000 but SP was at 7.

Test 3 - started with the resources and currency I had and leveled goddess monument: To start I was asked for more of everything because I had them. But once I ran out of gold (by trade 7, goddess level 1) I was asked for only 3 of them. Until trade 18, level 4 when I was asked for 4 rare resources (which falls into line with test 1 and 2). I started being asked for 5 rare resources by trade #44, goddess level 7 (which coincides with test 2). By the 62nd trade my monument was at level 11 and I was being asked for 5 rare, 10 common, 13 very common (unless I was asked for pick axes, then it was 26). Because for test 3 I hadn't used up the bulk of my LPs leveling up the original monuments I was able to keep trading. When my goddess reached level 14 I was asked for 6 rare resources. I didn't get higher then that because my game crashed and I realized what time it was...

After the three tests I am going to hesitantly say that when you have zero of a resource what level your goddess monument is on plays a factor in how many resources you are asked to trade. I am not talking about when you have the resources - my first trade in test 3 asked for 8 gold - this is a guess for what you are asked for when you don't have any of a particular resource.
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

I appreciate you doing the testing, it's quite interesting what you found out! So it seems, if you have the resources, whether you still need them for other monuments or not, the pirate wants more of them. If this is true, I don't think my goddess is ever going to be built, as it would make more sense to use the resources on the first lot of monuments in the hope that once you've spent them, the pirate will ask for less next time. And of course if the pirate asks for less because you don't have them, by the time you have found them the pirate has a different trade, probably asking for more because you now have the resources!
I don't know if any of that made any sense :D basically, stuff this challenge, I'm ignoring it now!