[QUEST] Bread Winner

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [QUEST] Bread Winner

Post by penlopej »

Evezz wrote:Cooking hobby is like high striker, it gives you all the same percentage for different recipes. Is it just me?
Not sure about that. Only done the 4 hr task to get an orb. I notice that doing the 1 minute cooking hobby seems to increase skill level quickly so if you are happy to keep going back regularly you can get through this quickly. Am loving it but only problem is clearing all those dishes!
Jorge612
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Jorge612 »

Hello all, does anyone know where I can get a chopping board? I need a 1-star chopping board to make a certain dish. I don't see it anywhere in the shop.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Jorge612 wrote:Hello all, does anyone know where I can get a chopping board? I need a 1-star chopping board to make a certain dish. I don't see it anywhere in the shop.
You need to have completed the grid for the new cooking hobby first (for which you need first to have reached the highest level), then they are in the Kitchen section.

You can complete the grid using any of the cooking options; the first one-minute option is all you really need.
CatDeville
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatDeville »

Evezz wrote:Cooking hobby is like high striker, it gives you all the same percentage for different recipes. Is it just me?
I believe that this is correct, but I did not check all the recipes, just the first few, and I did that after I got to level 3 or 4. Here's what I have recorded:
Your first dish gets you to level 1 50%, and the second dish also moves you up fast, so that you can get to the burgers, which require level 2, fairly quickly. Once you're on level 2 you slow down a bit, but it must not be much, because when I started checking out the times I was already 3rd or 4th level, and I had only cooked a few dishes.

Once you're on 3rd or 4th level, all of the recipes seem to advance you 7% (but I only tested the first 3, I think.) So once you get to that point, it's less than an hour and a half or so to get 6th level maxed out (so that you have a chance to win the cooking competitions! which start pretty much as soon as you start cooking!)

Other things I discovered:
We now have *SIDE TABLES* to put our dishes on to serve in the store, as well as some "islands'. Your sim will only set one stack of plates on the dining table (folks have to have space to sit and eat!) but s/he will place plates on any open counter (not a corner or covered with a cupboard!), or on any of the new side tables in the shop! The side tables start after the dining tables in the shop... you can tell when you get to them because the prices drop again. The first one is $600. So I redesigned my kitchen, so that my SIM could complete her "cooking degree" as expeditiously as possible. Of course, you have to clean up plates on the way, so I got my teenager to help with that! (Yes! Teens will help you clean up, and you can have as many folks cleaning up as you have bins and sinks. With two sinks and a bin, I could have had 3 teens cleaning *while* my chef SIM cooked! But I didn't think of that in time. :) ) AND teens can cook, too!

So, if I get this right (I can't find instructions on how to share photos, so I'm guessing), Here are pics of my SIM finishing up her 6 star (level 6) cooking "degree", which features the side tables and islands (see all the plates!?), two SIMs cleaning at the same time, one of them a teenager, and my teen SIM cooking.

... OK... that didn't work... here are links to the pictures on my flikr account:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126762483 ... 659054587/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126762483 ... 658978498/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126762483 ... 822627426/
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

CatDeville wrote: We now have *SIDE TABLES* to put our dishes on to serve in the store, as well as some "islands'. Your sim will only set one stack of plates on the dining table (folks have to have space to sit and eat!) but s/he will place plates on any open counter (not a corner or covered with a cupboard!), or on any of the new side tables in the shop! The side tables start after the dining tables in the shop... you can tell when you get to them because the prices drop again. The first one is $600.
Are you talking about these tables?
Dining tables
Dining tables
If so, these are just dining tables and have been around since day 1. Well, the pink one came around about two months after the game was launched... Anyway, it's good to know that the chef can place dishes on a table!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

CatDeville wrote:
I believe that this is correct, but I did not check all the recipes, just the first few, and I did that after I got to level 3 or 4. Here's what I have recorded:
Your first dish gets you to level 1 50%, and the second dish also moves you up fast, so that you can get to the burgers, which require level 2, fairly quickly. Once you're on level 2 you slow down a bit, but it must not be much, because when I started checking out the times I was already 3rd or 4th level, and I had only cooked a few dishes.

Once you're on 3rd or 4th level, all of the recipes seem to advance you 7% (but I only tested the first 3, I think.) So once you get to that point, it's less than an hour and a half or so to get 6th level maxed out (so that you have a chance to win the cooking competitions! which start pretty much as soon as you start cooking!)

We now have *SIDE TABLES* to put our dishes on to serve in the store, as well as some "islands'. Your sim will only set one stack of plates on the dining table (folks have to have space to sit and eat!) but s/he will place plates on any open counter (not a corner or covered with a cupboard!), or on any of the new side tables in the shop! The side tables start after the dining tables in the shop... you can tell when you get to them because the prices drop again. The first one is $600. So I redesigned my kitchen, so that my SIM could complete her "cooking degree" as expeditiously as possible. Of course, you have to clean up plates on the way, so I got my teenager to help with that! (Yes! Teens will help you clean up, and you can have as many folks cleaning up as you have bins and sinks. With two sinks and a bin, I could have had 3 teens cleaning *while* my chef SIM cooked! But I didn't think of that in time. :) ) AND teens can cook, too!

So, if I get this right (I can't find instructions on how to share photos, so I'm guessing), Here are pics of my SIM finishing up her 6 star (level 6) cooking "degree", which features the side tables and islands (see all the plates!?), two SIMs cleaning at the same time, one of them a teenager, and my teen SIM cooking.

... OK... that didn't work... here are links to the pictures on my flikr account:

Thanks,that's really helpful. I didn't know about teens. At the moment I have 4 adults cooking so will use one of my 2 teenagers to clean up. Really enjoy this as the one minute option make the game more interesting, although I've noticed that a sim has to do something else. Really must pay attention to what it is they're cooking.
Evezz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Evezz »

penlopej wrote:
CatDeville wrote:

Thanks,that's really helpful. I didn't know about teens. At the moment I have 4 adults cooking so will use one of my 2 teenagers to clean up. Really enjoy this as the one minute option make the game more interesting, although I've noticed that a sim has to do something else. Really must pay attention to what it is they're cooking.

Thanks!!:) I have them do I minute cooking to level up to 6 last night. It works as same as teen! :mrgreen:
Riley137
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Riley137 »

Help!!! I cook the bacon and eggs and when I try to "eat the bacon and eggs" for the goal it says I have to 'Tap on the plate and choose "Grab a Plate"', but when I click on plate it disappears like normal stuff did on the oven.
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

The bubble bursts like when baking, but there should be a plate somewhere near, on a table, kitchen surface, or even on the floor, and that's what you need to click on. If it's not there you may have a glitch.
Game Centre Name: neildf
Riley137
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Riley137 »

Found it! Lol in the floor