The Day of the Sniffids

Are your Sims involved in an intriguing tale?
Do you like to post about who did what with who?
This is the place for YOUR stories!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: The Day of the Sniffids

Post by telemwill »

Ooh, getting good! Looking forward to more!

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
SimmerDown
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimmerDown »

telemwill wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 14:54 Ooh, getting good! Looking forward to more!

Ruth
What she said!!! :D
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

"Well something new is happening in my town, Simwich" said Blaize ominously "babies are being born again."

"Oh" said Frank genuinely surprised.

"Yes" said Blaize "but before each pregnancy is announced another resident disappears."

What she didn't add was that Lee was in Simwich and had given birth to a beautiful baby girl - presumably Frank's daughter - and was the reason she had known Frank still existed in this empty town.

She looked at him thoughtfully. He was just as Lee had described him - green curly flat top hairstyle and mesmerising golden eyes.

"You're very pasty-looking" she said "you've spent too long in that cellar."

Frank gave a weak smile realizing he was no longer a suspect.

"I have a theory" he said "see over there" and Blaize followed his gaze to a large house down the road.

In the dim light of the late November afternoon she could see, near the doorway, two monkey torches flickering away.

"Ah you see those everywhere in my town too - very common."

"Yes" said Frank conspiratorially "but who lights them every evening in this ghost town..and
why do their numbers change - sometimes three then one then three again?"

Blaize returned her gaze to the torches and a chill ran down her spine for she could see clearly through the gloom that there were now three - not two. Her jaw dropped and she looked back at Frank who nodded his head significantly.

"I'm not sure how but I know they're involved in all this" he said with a challenging smile "investigate that Special Agent Blaize Ashman of the Simwich PD!"

Is that....The End?
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

SimmerDown wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 22:07

Ruth
Many thanks to you and everyone else who stayed with this. Sorry about the cliffhanger ending!
My sims are underemployed at the moment and obviously gettin up ta mischief :lol:
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Simbellini wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 16:54
SimmerDown wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 22:07

Ruth
Many thanks to you and everyone else who stayed with this. Sorry about the cliffhanger ending!
My sims are underemployed at the moment and obviously gettin up ta mischief :lol:
More mischief please! :o
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

kls1st wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 22:12 More mischief please! :o
Been away from the game for some R & R but my sims of course never rest and they tell me there has indeed been some skulduggery goin' on :roll: maybe some pre-Christmas anarchy?
Perhaps a trilogy is called for? Oh! I can see another 50's sci-fi title takin' shape in the shadows :lol:
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

So new addition or should that be edition :roll: coming soon with I hope a seasonal ending :D
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Invasion of the Simsnatchers or The Day of the Sniffids Part Two

So that wasn't the end....not quite.

The three monkey statues were ranged against the wall of the house. In the dim light they seemed quite still and statue-like. But the flickering flames in their paws caught the glint in their eyes. They were watching.

From their vantage point everything in the empty town was dark; deserted houses, abandoned workplaces - not even a dog to bark. But glowing brightly was one window and that was what held their attention.

The two figures in the window kept talking and looking in the direction of the monkeys and so they were careful not to move. They were not interested in her. She was from another town and didn't matter here. They were interested in him. He shouldn't still be here at all. He was a glitch and they were determined to fix him - and fix him once and for all.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

The tension builds!

I had vivid nightmares as a very small child of flying monkeys snatching me up after watching the classic Wizard of Oz movie. Those monkey statues have always made me feel uneasy. 😄
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

SKatF wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 18:42 The tension builds!

I had vivid nightmares as a very small child of flying monkeys snatching me up after watching the classic Wizard of Oz movie. Those monkey statues have always made me feel uneasy. 😄
Oh ree' oh, oh reee' oh! Oh ree' oh, oh reee' oh!
:o
:roll:
:lol:
Who would name a cookie after that after that!?! Honestly...