The Time The Sims went Dim!

Are your Sims involved in an intriguing tale?
Do you like to post about who did what with who?
This is the place for YOUR stories!
tnsketch
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

The Time The Sims went Dim!

Post by tnsketch »

I wrote this a while back around when I was just starting out my current Sims freeplay game. So those of you who are my neighbors and can go to my town will find it much changed from this story. Anyways, one day I went on my nook to play when the screen got dim. I thought what if it went dim in my little Sims world and that is what made me think of this little story. It is not much but I hope you like it. :) Oh yeah here is 2 pages with the Island IDs, of the Sims in this story![img][IMG]http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h33 ... 6pwdjn.jpg[/img][/img] and [img][IMG]http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h33 ... gzhj5w.jpg[/img][/img]I hope I did this right well it turned out a little strange but it works! Just click on the links and it will take you to the pictures I did not want to post the pictures on here in case some of you have laggy computers.

Day 1( In My World.) I was waiting for my sim to finish gardening when my nook screen went dim I thought it was the power save dimmer but when I tapped on it to brighten it the screen did not brighten back up!
(The Sims world) The town was a small town consisting of the two islands the larger one named Similitude and a smaller one named Simile. Years ago, it used to be a thriving town almost a city but for some reason it was abandoned. Recently in the last year or so people have moved back now there were 6 households that made the 11 residents of Similitude no one had moved back to Simile yet.
At Kitty Hartley's Kitty was gardening when she noticed the sky got darker! Stretching up her hand shading her eyes, She looked up expecting clouds but there were none! She heard the Steppers in their yard so she called to them over the fence. "Hello it's too early for it to be getting dark isn't it?" "Yes it is besides the sun is still at about its two o'clock height!" James Stepper replied pointing to the sun that was somehow not as bright as it should be! Over at Teanias Sainaet's (Teanias is pronounced like T.N.S. said quickly as one name.) Teanias was sewing when it dimmed in her room! At the same time, her dog (a black lab) Chim Chimney started barking at something from the yard. She checked the lights nothing seemed wrong with them they were just dimmer! Then she went to see what was bothering Chim who was barking at the darker sky! While calming Chim down she saw Syd Stepper rocking the little Stepper (Their son Donny.) in her arms. James and Kitty were talking across the street. Teanias went to join them but she only got half way when the ground gave a shake!
( In My World.) Everything seemed to be working right with my nook except for the dim screen! Seeing that the nook screen wasn't getting any brighter, I gave it a couple of hard taps on the back hoping that would somehow fix it. That sometimes works with other electronics why not my nook? Unfortunately It did not fix the problem. Then I thought maybe if I turn it off wait half an hour and turn it on it would work right, I had been playing with it quite a bit that day!
(The Sims world) Teanias kept her feet through the first quake but with the second one she fell in the middle of the road twisting her ankle! Joshua Davis who had just moved in the neighborhood and was planning out his landscaping when it went dim, saw Teanias fall and rushed over to help her! Teanias looked up at Joshua as he was helping her up. She couldn't see him perfectly clear in the darkness but what she could see she liked! James and kitty had rushed to help as well but Joshua had gotten there first. Teanias asked them to call everyone together and meet up at her house. later as Joshua was finishing wrapping Teanias's ankle people started arriving. First, there was William Harris from two houses down at the H.F.N. building. (Historic Founders National building for the Sims or House for Neighbors for us users.) Followed by the Grams Telly and Goldie from the house next to the island's fire station. Goldie Gram looking like she might give birth any second now let alone any day, makes her way to the couch hand protectively resting on her stomach while Telly stands behind her rubbing her shoulders comfortingly. Next enters James footstomp (If you ever ask him about his last name he will show you a most unusual country fide dance he claims his ancestors invented!) with Betty Jones not far behind him. (Betty is the island's real estate agent also a collector of stories. If there is a legend about any property on the island, she knows it! A few of them even have her great great grandfather the pirate captain Davie Jones in them!) Next was Kitty and last but not least the Stepper's Donny had fallen asleep in Syd's arms so Teanias offered her bed for him to sleep on. After much discussion on the dimming as they were calling it, they decided to split into two groups. (They might have split into more but there were only two cars on the islands.) One would drive up and around Simile while the other would drive around Similitude to see if the dimming was everywhere on the islands. Teanias stayed home because of her ankle. Syd stayed because the little Stepper was still asleep on the bed and to whip up some food for everyone when they got back. (Syd tended to cook when she was nervous.) Goldie wasn't about to squish herself in a car with anyone so she stayed as well but she encouraged Telly to go. So Telly Gram, James footstomp, Kitty Heartly and William Harris drove around Simile while James Stepper, Betty Jones and Joshua drove around Similitude. When they got to the art gallery one of its decorative pillars had fallen across the road! James Stepper and Joshua got out and moved it out of the way. Even the lights of Sim Mart and the Simmer Skipper (The Grocery store and party boat.) were dimmer! Not much on Simile had been rebuilt but the wooden bridge by the volcano was broken and everything was dimmer there to! When everyone returned to Teanias's Syd had prepared a feast of burgers and called everyone to dinner. They talked about the dimness and about how they should take the Simmer Skipper to some of the neighboring islands. Since it was getting even darker out (It was past sunset now.) they decided to try to get a good nights sleep and go over during the day or hopefully they would be lucky and there would be no more dimness in the morning. James footstomp offered his home to William Harris and Betty Jones while it was dim in case it was a sign of a storm coming. Because the H.F.N. building would not be safe in a big storm and Betty's place was still under construction.
Day 2( In My World.) Recharging my nook didn't work so I did a couple of soft reboots I didn't want to reboot it back to factory settings until I talked to tech support and since it was a weekend I had to wait until Monday! Oh yesterday I got a weekly goal for two Sims to move in together so I moved William in with James footstomp. Then I got another goal that called for three Sims to do something together so I sent Betty over. Today I went to send one of my Sims Joshua to a neighbors town but the town was inaccessible (I think it said they had not saved to the cloud or something like that.) I tried to send Betty to the next town but I received the same message! Finally, I was able to send William to a town but that one was so small it only had two houses an empty lot full of trees and the science work place! I had had enough of the dim screen so I brought William home. I then saved to the cloud and turned the game off for a bit.
(The Sims world)Teanias woke up with a throbbing ankle she limped to the kitchen fed Chim and then called everyone to meet at her house again to figure out which neighboring island should be visited first who should go and how long to stay there. Joshua Davis took the first trip to Fort Issimo. The plan was for him to stay no longer than 2 hours then report back. Next would be Betty she would go to Parsimony. With the same plan stay 2 hours then come back. Then William Harris would go to Simarubas since he had a cousin who is an environmental scientist/Doctor studying the trees there.
As Joshua was approaching Fort Issimo he heard a loud noise and saw that there was a volcano erupting next to the Fort! He called the coast guard to see if anyone needed help evacuating it turned out the last boat had been hit by a projectile rock that went through the engine! He found the boat helped the two families, four coastguard members a dog two cats and a big rabbit aboard! Joshua let the Coast guard Captain drive to the nearest land. Naturally it was quite dark near the volcano with all the smoke and ash in the air but once clear of it the other passengers could see fine the world only looked dim to Joshua. The Captain insisted Joshua get his eyes looked after by one of the volunteer doctors at the shelter that had been set up but nothing seemed wrong with them. The Captain had an Ensign drive the Simmer Skipper back to Similitude and to the other islands that our townspeople were going to go to with strict orders not to get off the ship! The Doctor wanted to come and examine our town's people but he was needed at the shelter to much. Also when the Doctor heard that William would be bringing his cousin back from Simarubas he knew the islanders on Similitude would be in good hands!
When Betty got to Parsimony the villagers there did not even want her to set foot on the dock! They said the day was just as bright as is normally was and she should go right on back home! They didn't even want to let her get any water or food for lunch until they saw there was a coast guard member on board. Then they charged three times as much as the it would cost on Similitude and Similitude was farther from the mainland!
Now it was Williams turn Simarubas was mainly trees a science building and a couple of houses for the scientist. So it wasn't hard for William to find his cousin Cinna Menbon. He found her up in a tree collecting bark Samples. "Hey flower power what you doing up there" He called up to her.( Using the nick name he had made up when they were going to collage and he heard she was going to be an environmental doctor) "Hi fire briar what brings you here!" She yells as climbs down to him (Using the nickname she made up at the same time after finding he was going to be a firefighter.) William explains how things went dim for everyone who lives on Similitude. It took about twenty minutes for her to pack up her things and let her colleges know where she was going and she was ready to go! When Cinna got to the Islands, she could find no reason for people to see things as dimmer in fact to her the islands had a perfectly natural amount of light! Teanias offered for Cinna to stay at her house since James footstomp's place was a little full. Cinna knew there was no storm coming but she figured staying with someone who saw the dimness might be a good way to study it. With what was left of the day Cinna gave everyone eye exams and made plans to give full examinations the next day!
Day 3( In My World.) Nothing much new with the nook this day. The screen is still dim. I am saving to the cloud frequently, I called tech support, and they
are sending me a replacement nook. It should be here in a few days!
(The Sims world) It was an early morning for the Grams, Cinna Menbon and Teanias because at 2:00 am little Millie Gram was born they called Teanias first because She was a midwife. (With her Help there were 50 now 51 new lives in the world! She also is a bit of an Herbalist which is one of the main reasons she came to the Island.) Cinna of course went to assist Teanias if she needed any help. (After all, how could anyone go back to sleep knowing that just a few houses away a baby was being born?) Once everyone heard they all wanted to see the little one! After a much-needed nap, Cinna set up a temporary office at the H.F.N.. This time Teanias assisted her! When it was time to examine the next islander Teanias merely had to go across the street to the Grams to find them cooing at Similitudes newest islander! Cinna after finding nothing wrong with anyone. (At least nothing that could give a reason for the dimness.) She made plans on what environmental test to do the next day.
Since everyone was together they had a birthday celebration in the park for little Millie Gram. Joshua was in charge of barbecuing the chicken. Syd brought her famous coleslaw and made a mocha cake! Often through out the whole day one person or another would find himself or herself thinking about all their time on Similitude. That night at dinner Betty had remembered a similar phenomenon happening to a nearby island about 5 generations ago only with them all of their hearing went bad! Then not long afterwards they all disappeared island and all! (Hopefully that would not happen to them!)
After dinner, the new parents went home but no one else was tired or ready to go home yet. So they were trying to think of what games to play in such dimness. When James Footstomp mentioned a game, he and his friends used to play at night as kids called Manhunt. It is a combination of hide and seek and tag. The person who is “it” is called the hunter and when they tag someone that person becomes a hunter also. Teanias played the first round and did pretty well to she was the second to the last caught Joshua won! While Syd took care of the little stepper but they switched after that because Teanias ankle was hurting. (At least that is what she said it might also have been so Syd could have a bit of fun!)The next round was won by James Footstomp and the last by Syd herself!
Joshua sat out the last round and had a nice chat with Teanias. After that, everyone was thoroughly exhausted and they all went home to their beds. Before going to sleep Cinna Menbon was thinking of how much she liked everyone and how similitude would be a wonderful place to live.
Day 4 ( In My World.) I did not do much with my nook today just kept my Sims needs met and saved to the cloud. Oh the day before I did add a new baby to the town Millie Gram hope she looks as cute in the normal light of my new nook!
(The Sims world)The Grams were worried about their little Mille Gram being born during the dimness would she have any health problems and if it ever brightened up again would Mille have any sight problems? Both Teanias and Cinna assured them that Mille was a perfectly healthy baby but the Grams still worried as new parents are apt to do! At James Footstomp’s Betty Jones woke up early and very hungry so she got her ipod put on her favorite music and cooked up some pancakes. She was singing to the music having a good old time! When she turned to put the last pancake on the plate and there was William watching her with a twinkle in his eye and a huge smile on his face! Betty stops and whips off her headphones as William says "Mmm, looks delicious" looking at her and the pancakes! "I assure you they are!" Betty says handing him a plate, then James comes in still drying his hair from his morning shower. Betty hands him the third plate and they all sit down for breakfast. "Since you made breakfast I'll make dinner.” William offers.
Over at Teanias's Cinna called her colleges over on Simarubas and had them send the rest of her work to her email account. When she finished that she started the tests she had planed which kept her busy until noon. Still no reason for the dimness. Cinna then talked to Betty about buying a piece of property where she could set up a doctor's office and a small house for herself. Betty came over in her car (Yes Betty was the owner of one of the two cars on the island.) and she drove Cinna to a couple of places. Cinna decided to buy a piece of property across the street from the art gallery.
As soon as Cinna menbon signed the paper making her, an official resident of Similitude things went dim for her to! She then called a meeting and told everyone if becoming a resident of Similitude made things dim, maybe moving would cure it. She herself was going to stay because even dimmed the islands were beautiful and she wanted to study this phenomenon and hopefully fix it somehow! Everyone else decided if the cost of being a Similitution was dimness then so be it they had all come to love this island and they were all going to stay! During dinner that night at James Footstomp's over some wonderful stuffed peppers Betty announces she is going to move back home because whatever the dimness is it is not a sign of a storm and she wants to get back working on her house. William ask if it is ok if he stays with James until he can build the place next to the Grams which should be soon, James of course lets him.
Day 5 ( In My World.) I added a sim yesterday I was just playing around and saw that if I pushed the randomize sim button I was able to get a hair style I normally couldn’t after that I had to add her! I must have been in a silly mood though because I named her Cinna menbon! The name suites her somehow though! Yea! My Nook is here! I go on save my games ect... to the cloud. Then set up my new nook and the first thing I download to it is Sims freeplay! Then of course I load my saved game it is so nice to be able to see everything in the right light again!
(The Sims World) All the similitutions wake up that day to a bright sunrise! As Teanias comes out of her house looking at everything it almost seems as if everything were completely new! She goes inside calls everyone and they all meet in the park for a brighter day party! James Stepper (Who is a pretty good cook himself when he wants to be.) Makes a couple of pan size omelets for everyone! Mille Gram looks cute as a button asleep next to Donny Stepper in the crib they are cuddling each other in their sleep! William and Betty have a couple of games of chess. It seems they are a close match for each other! Teanias and Joshua dance the day away next to the fountain. Later on in the day when it gets hot everyone plays in the fountain! They never found out the reason for the dimming but every year they have a brighter day party in the park to celebrate that, "The world may seem dim and grim for a sim but as long as that sim hangs on with life and limb there will be a brighter day for him!" The end!
Nicole stepp on facebook If you go to friend me on facebook message me here so I know to go on and accept. My neighbor house is # 20 west side it is still a work in progress because I am still new to the game thank you!
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: The Time The Sims went Dim!

Post by kls1st »

I loved it! Inspiring, really :D
tnsketch
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by tnsketch »

Thank you! It was a fun thing to keep me busy when I coulden't take the dark screen anymore!
Nicole stepp on facebook If you go to friend me on facebook message me here so I know to go on and accept. My neighbor house is # 20 west side it is still a work in progress because I am still new to the game thank you!
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Very imaginative :) had me reading until the end.
And Millie Gram.......I just love that for a name :D
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
tnsketch
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by tnsketch »

Thank you! I love the name Millie Gram too! I actualy knew what I was going to name the daughter of the Gram family before I knew what to name her parents Telly and Goldie! I am thinking of giving her a brother and naming him Mike Roe Gram! :D
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Great story. Wish I had your imagination.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

What fun to read! I hope to see more.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
tnsketch
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by tnsketch »

Thank you! I hope to write more but it will probably be awhile because real life has been keeping me busy lately!