Present from the Future

Are your Sims involved in an intriguing tale?
Do you like to post about who did what with who?
This is the place for YOUR stories!
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Present from the Future

Post by EileenK98 »

I have seen my future. Well, my future self, anyway. She’s not bad-looking, for eighty. Although I had hoped I’d take better care of my skin . . .
But I’m getting ahead of myself. It began when I noticed the pigeons in the park. Someone was feeding them. And since everyone I know is too busy with work and school and gardening and other hobbies, it could only be an older person.
But our town didn’t have any older Sims. Strange.
I went to investigate further, and this door appeared right in the middle of the park. I mean, just standing by itself, not connected to anything. I went around to the other side, but it looked just the same from there.
Then that crazy door started to glow, and all of a sudden, someone was standing in front of it, facing me.
It was me. I mean, me, but older. It was a shock, seeing myself so much older, but at the same time, it was comforting to know that I would live to be so old, if you get what I’m saying.
“Let’s not waste any time,” she--I--said, “because there’s not much time to waste. Yes, I’m you, from the future. Don’t ask me for any lottery numbers or sports scores; I don’t keep track of that sort of thing. I have an important message for you.”
“How did you know I’d be here?” I asked her.
“I remember this day. This was a very important day. You’ll want to move about three feet to the left,” she said, “right . . . now!”
I sidestepped, but not fast enough. Lightning zigzagged out of a clear blue sky and sizzled right in front of my face.
“Or was it the right?” Older me said, frowning.
“Hey! I could have been killed!”
“Obviously not.”
“How can you say that?”
“Because I’m here. If you’d been killed just now, I would have vanished like a puff of smoke. Since I’m still here, obviously, you survived.”
“But you could change things!”
“I’m trying to change things! You have to find the Cupcake of Doom before Gullzilla rises and enslaves all Simanity!”
“What?” It sounded like utter nonsense to me.
“Listen to me.” She looked around to make sure no one else was listening, and then leaned in close to me. “Somewhere in this town is a cupcake that came out wrong, and was tossed into the trash. A seagull comes along, eats it, and the cupcake starts a chain reaction that transforms the gull into a mutant gull that takes over the whole world. Only you can stop this! Find that cupcake, and get rid of it before the gull gets to it, or all is lost!”
“Are you serious? Find one cupcake in this whole town? How--go around kicking everyone’s garbage cans over and look through the trash to find it?”
“Exactly!”
“Uh . . . you remember what sarcasm is, don’t you?”
“There’s no time for this! You must go find that cupcake, now!”
“To save the future.”
“Yes! I’d start by Allie and Bill’s house, if I were you. They were the first ones to fall, so they must be right in harm’s way. For them, if for no other reason!”
Bill and Allie were my best friends. If their lives were in danger . . . well, there are worse things to do than getting rid of a cupcake.
“I’ll wait here till you get back!” Older me called out, as I left the park and headed north. It was about a ten-minute walk to our neighborhood, and I was glad at least that no one else would be home at this time of day to witness me being an idiot.
I made it to Bill and Allie’s, knocked over their can, and sifted through the trash until I found a slightly dented cupcake. It still looked good.
“How can a little cupcake cause all that trouble?” I said to myself. I looked down at it, thought about just putting it back in the can and walking away . . . and then I heard the cry of a seagull, high above me.
Quick, to get rid of the cupcake before the gull spotted it! But how?
The only thing I could think of was to stuff it into my mouth. I know, it had been in the trash, but it still tasted good. Mmm, red velvet!
The gull landed and foraged through the rest of the garbage, but the cupcake was safe. I headed back to the park.
Old me was waiting as I walked down the steps . . . and suddenly I felt sick. I bent over, and the cupcake came back up, landing wetly in the bushes next to the statue. I checked, but there weren’t any chunks that the gull could still pick out.
“Did you eat the cupcake?” my older self asked.
“It was the only thing I could think of! Am I going to turn evil and enslave Simanity now?”
She gave me a long look, and then she burst out laughing. “You actually fell for that? I was kidding! I always loved Allie’s red velvet cupcakes. That one just came from a bad batch, that’s all.”
“You--you . . .” I’m sorry to say that I called her a few names that were not so polite. I just couldn’t believe she had pulled that kind of nonsense on me. Me, herself in the past! I mean, we were the same person, so how could she do that to me? How could I do that to me?
“Are you finished?” she asked, when I paused to take a breather.
“Not really, but that’ll do for now, till I think of some more stuff to call you.”
“Don’t you want to know why I’m really here?”
I gave in. “All right. Why are you really here?”
She sighed and said, “You may not believe this, but I have a lot of regrets about the way my life has gone. Lots of things I didn’t get to do, and so forth.”
“Like what? Not playing the ultimate practical joke?”
She glared at me. “No, like not having children.”
“You never had children? Are you married?”
“Yes.”
“Do I meet him soon?”
“Not soon enough.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
She sighed again. “I don’t remember being this snippy with my elders.”
“Maybe I’m changing things. That’s what you wanted, isn’t it?”
“Not for the worse! Okay, here’s an easy one: I regret never learning how to figure skate. I wasted all my time with ballet and then karate, when I could have been the next Simantha Mahoney.”
“Who?”
“Oh, that’s right, her Olympics isn’t for another twelve years. Well, when you see her, you’ll know what I mean. Now get to the Snow Park and take a beginners’ skate class!”
“Wait, wait. I want to hear more about this no-kids thing. When did you find out that you couldn’t have children?”
“It wasn’t me,” she said, “it was him. He had a . . . condition . . . that interfered with reproduction. But he didn’t know about it until it was too late. The doctor said if we’d had it looked into even a year earlier, he might have been able to do something, but by the time we got there, there was nothing he could do about it.”
“And how far in the future--my future--is this?”
She looked up, trying to do the mental calculations. “Ten years? I remember I met him when that alien fellow came back. The second time he came back, I mean.”
“Osiris? I wondered where he’d got to. So he’ll be back soon?”
“I think so. But we don’t have time to stand here talking! Go sign up for skating classes! The beginner class closes soon, so you’ll want to hurry!”
I had never thought about learning to skate. I mean, maybe in a general sort of way, like I thought about driving a truck or becoming a real estate agent. But Future Me seemed to think it was important, so I said, “Okay, I’m heading there now. Will I see you again?”
“You’ll be me, in about fifty years.”
“Not if I change enough things. I’ll start with the skating. Goodbye, Carol.”
She laughed and said, “Goodbye, Carol. And good luck.”
I looked over my shoulder as I walked out of the park. The door vanished, in a bright flash of green light. The grass was undisturbed, as if it had never been there. Weird.
I went to the Snow Park and signed up for the skating classes, and though I’m no champion, they’re a lot of fun. At night, I sit outside and watch the skies, waiting for Osiris to come back, because I know that when he does, I’ll meet a guy I’ll spend the rest of my life with.
But first I have to make sure he goes to the doctor, and gets whatever was wrong with him, in Future Me’s past and my future, fixed. Then I can cross one more regret off my list.
New town, new Sims!

Haunted House: 2 East Oceanside
Library: 1 Museum Boulevard
Spa: 2 Museum Boulevard
The Winchesters' Bunker: 3 Eastside
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Present from the Future

Post by penlopej »

More,more, please. This is great. Thank you.
ilovethesims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ilovethesims »

MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Level: 54
Current quest: The school discovery one
Send me a PM if you want to add me :)
Monument Level: All Monuments Complete
No Complete HFN, but one in the works at
MichaelrearP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Present from the Future

Post by MichaelrearP »

I havent explored this quest enough yet. Can you continue to gather candies during the pause towards your total, or is this rigged like they like to do?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

MichaelrearP wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 19:17 I havent explored this quest enough yet. Can you continue to gather candies during the pause towards your total, or is this rigged like they like to do?
What quest are you talking about? The Halloween one? That's the only one I remember where we gather candies. If so, you can find more info in the [QUEST] Night of the Candy Monsters topic.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update