The Legend of Simsie

Are your Sims involved in an intriguing tale?
Do you like to post about who did what with who?
This is the place for YOUR stories!
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

The Legend of Simsie

Post by EileenK98 »

I’ve been a fisherman for as long as that lake’s been fished, and I’ve caught everything there is to catch. Trout, salmon, pink cichlids, you name it.
Except for one.
You don’t catch Simsie; she catches you.

My first encounter with the beast was around the time that that alien was walking around town. Boy, did he like to dance! And he was curious about everything we did--cooking, planting, working . . . and fishing. He turned up on the pier one day when I was having an all-day session at the lake. There were some little kids feeding the ducks, and a couple of teenagers racing RC boats, but he came to me.
“Whaat are you doooing?” he asked, in that weird, reverberating voice of his.
“Fishing,” I answered.
“Fiishiing? Whaat is that?”
I tried to explain, but it was hard, especially when he kept asking why I was doing it. “Just to relax,” I told him, but he didn’t understand.
“Doo the fiish fight baaack?”
“Sometimes they tug on the line, trying to stay in the water. But I usually reel them in.”
“Aand then whaat?”
“What do you mean, then what?”
“Whaat do you doo with theem?”
“Usually just throw them back.”
“Then whaat is the point oof catching theem?”
I was about to tell him about relaxation again when suddenly I felt a huge yank on my line. “It’s a big one, all right!” I shouted, bracing my feet to reel the sucker in. It felt like a swordfish or a shark, something a lot bigger than Lake Sim can hold.
Out of the water, a huge mouth reared up, reaching for me. It was the biggest darn fish I’ve ever seen. I barely had time to shout a warning when that massive beast shot out of the water, wriggled across the pier, and sucked me down into that huge maw. Like Jonah, in the Bible.
It was dark in there, and it smelled like fish. No wonder the fishing had been so bad lately--this big mother had been gobbling up all our prizes. I had just enough wiggle room to punch and kick the thing from the inside, so I fought for all I was worth, with all I had, until Simsie finally surfaced and spat me up. As I swam to shore, I looked back, and the monster fish slipped back beneath the water.
Osiris (that’s what we called him, because we couldn’t pronounce his real name) was watching . . . and he was laughing.
“Fiiish fight baack now, ehhh?”
“Very funny, Green Genes.” I had a towel in my fishing kit, but it was the size of my hand. I did the best I could with it, but I was still dripping wet.
“Staand stiiill,” Osiris said, and he pointed some kind of plastic ray gun at me. I knew he wouldn’t kill me, but I wasn’t sure that thing wouldn’t have nasty side effects.
But when he pulled the trigger, it felt like a warm breeze washing over me. There wasn’t any light or sound, but I could feel the warmth all over my body. Before I knew it, I was dry all over, even my clothes.
“Thanks,” I said.
“Noo proobleem,” he said, and disappeared, off to bother someone else, I guessed.

In spite of the demon fish lurking in the depths of the lake, I kept on fishing, until I had caught eight of the twelve types of fish that lived in the lake. I only had one other encounter with Simsie, but it went exactly the same as the first one. After I heard about it happening to a few other people, I accepted that being swallowed by a giant fish was just one of the risks of fishing on Lake Sim.
It was Todd who gave her the name Simsie. Todd is my neighbor’s boy, and sometimes he comes fishing with me. When I told him about the giant fish that lived in the lake, he said, “Wow. Like Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster?”
“I suppose. Yeah, I guess we have our very own Lake Sim Monster.”
“Simsie.”
“What?”
“Instead of Nessie, we have Simsie. Cool, huh?”
“I guess so. Watch out! You got one!”
“Huh?” He looked down and saw the tug on his line. I helped him reel it in. It was a golden koi, a big sucker too.
“Wow! That’s a rare one!” I said. “At least Simsie’s leaving us some fish!”
“Yeah, thanks, Simsie!” Todd called out to the lake.
I don’t know if Simsie heard, or would have understood if she had. But for the next two weeks, the fishing at Lake Sim was the best it’s ever been.

And then everything changed.
I was driving by the park when I saw something floating in the deep end of the lake. Curious, I parked and went over to look.
It was some kind of big barrel, leaking green liquid into the lake, and it didn’t look safe at all. Who knew what it was doing to the fish?
I went and called Todd’s dad, who works at the science lab, and before I knew it, a truck pulled up, and a whole team of hazmat-suited guys came pouring out. They scooped up samples of the water, tested the algae at the edge of the lake, and then they said that they’d need to examine a fish. Could I catch one for them?
“Do you know who you’re talkin’ to?” I asked them.
Clearly, they didn’t. Despite the pole and tackle in the back of my car, they had no idea.
“Yes,” I said, “I can catch a fish for you. I’ll catch all the fish, if that’s what you want.
They said no, one fish would be sufficient for now.
So I went to work, and in no time, I had a trout. But it didn’t look right.
“It’s possible,” said the head scientist (not Todd’s dad, but his boss), “that the barrel sludge has mutated the fish in the lake. You’ll need to catch more of them to make sure.”
“You just said the magic words.”
So here I am, on my fifth day of all-day fishathons. I’ve caught almost all of them, but I might need help on the last few. Feel free to grab a pole and drop your line in the water.
Just watch out for Simsie!
New town, new Sims!

Haunted House: 2 East Oceanside
Library: 1 Museum Boulevard
Spa: 2 Museum Boulevard
The Winchesters' Bunker: 3 Eastside
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: The Legend of Simsie

Post by telemwill »

Great story!
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Yet another great story. I just love reading them - wish I could write like that.
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by EileenK98 »

Thanks, everyone! I love writing them!
New town, new Sims!

Haunted House: 2 East Oceanside
Library: 1 Museum Boulevard
Spa: 2 Museum Boulevard
The Winchesters' Bunker: 3 Eastside
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Love your story! Thank you for sharing it. :-)
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island