Has anyone played Sim City Build It?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Has anyone played Sim City Build It?

Post by Lishws720 »

I'm curious about the game. Is it just as fun as this one? Can you play it without in-app purchases? Has anyone out there ever played it? Opinions and advice welcome.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Has anyone played Sim City Build It?

Post by kls1st »

Its been a good long while since I played. I never purchased anything and enjoyed it and may give it another go now that you've brought it up. :D IIRC, the grid isn't very big and it was hard to keep the city going once it filled it up. If it cost more than a dollar or two to download, maybe it's not worth it, but I think it's free? If so, I guess it was worth the price! :lol: It's not as fun as SFP though.
Vampitch
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Vampitch »

It should be free to download. You really don't need any in app purchases at the moment. I think it's very good and it's not as demanding as SFP so you can go some days without playing it when you don't have time.

When I first started it (couple of months ago) I started building my city/buildings too much too fast which leveled me up quickly. Which is also very good I think (because you unlock more stuff to do/build)(but of course it can get demanding as well). But now I've decided I want to focus on how the city looks and having it just "perfect" so I bulldozed some buildings and am taking it quite slow (because you know time priority is SPF and all :lol: )

They also have seasonal buildings (they had halloween and winter themed parks and things during that time) and some recent updates which are quite nice.
Fairy update
Level 54. iOS. UTC +3.
Paused at seniors quest.
I am currently not accepting any neighbours for any games.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Thanks for responding. I just might try this one out!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

Have you started playing, lishws? I play it frequently, but can also go days without doing anything more than collecting taxes - which is a great way to build up money fast. It's definitely not as fun as sfp, but not as demanding either. If you build up quickly it can be overwhelming, and the higher you go, the more keys or sim cash you need for the more prized locations. The trade center is great for getting those hard to find/create objects to expand different areas. And if you have an evil side you can cause earthquakes and meteor strikes!

My biggest pet peeve right now is there's no inventory to store what you've already built. There's the city storage for all the items you make, but nothing for buildings, parks, etc. for when you want to do something like remodel your city. It's frustrating and annoying. The only option is to move or bulldoze. And if you don't have any open expansions then you're just sol. Sigh. Otherwise, I enjoy it. Oh, I also found recently it doesn't keep me logged in to gc which is also irritating. But maybe that's a glitch on my end.
Level 55; Penthouse Update
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

No, I haven't tried the game yet, I got sidetracked by Covet Fashion, and the recent SFP updates/quests have kept me hopping. I'm still intrigued, though. Maybe when SFP settles down a bit.

I have a fairly new SFP game which I started in late Dec. I'm working on getting it up to life dreams and legacies, and then filling in all the quests, WITHOUT buying anything with real money. So far so good, I've been able to use all of the helpful tips in this forum to enhance my playing experience, and my VIP in that game remains at zero. So, this game is currently keeping me very busy, as you can imagine.

JackTheBestBoss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by JackTheBestBoss »

I haven't tried the game yet
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I've just started playing it, it's kind of interesting but it is a bit slow I think. It's going to take ages to get enough Simcash in order to build things. But I'm enjoying it so far, however I may get bored within a few weeks, we will have to wait and see!
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Well, I got bored of it already! I've deleted the app as I knew I couldn't handle any more trying to place buildings properly and pressing buttons. I think I'll stick with Sims Freeplay, it's a lot more exciting!
LongTimeSimmer
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LongTimeSimmer »

It was the same for me. I ran out of room to build on so the game got boring so deleted it too. Pity because I did spend loads of time and money on it
My Courtesy House is located last house on the left across from the park. It contains: all hobby items and skills in addition to the fire pole. haunted house with a maze to trap ghosts, is located On a beach properties next to the town sign