Rug event

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Rug event

Post by bluebeariscool »

Can I share a really funny story.

The rug event couldn't have come at a more appropriate time for me. I've just lost my hair due to chemo and took my husband to choose a few 'rugs' with me. OMG it was so hilarious :D :D He choose an outrageous bright red number and a blonde :o :o I'm dark brown and if I was an insecure person I might have been worried! Poor guy, he actually doesn't care and I have stressed him out so much.

I cannot tell you how funny this co-inciding with the rug event is :D I might look at the new rugs for ideas :P lol

* for those that don't get the humour. A rug is a slang word we use in England for a wig/false hair
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
julz21
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Rug event

Post by julz21 »

This is funny and hits close to home. Not me but a dear friend of mine went through chemo. She and I went to the "rug" store and she laughed all through the trying on of all the different styles and colors. She chose two styles and colors (one pink) so different than her normal style. She said she is "going for it". In the year and a half since her diagnosis, she has laughed more than I've ever known her to. She sees the funny in everything. Maybe she should be playing TSF so that she can help me see the funny in this latest "rug event".
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Whoever said laughter is the best medicine was right! It certainly helps.
Pink hair :o my kids would dis-own me. Sending smiles and positive thoughts for your friend x
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
julz21
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by julz21 »

Thanks and I'm sending them to you, too, every day. :)
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

bluebeariscool wrote:Whoever said laughter is the best medicine was right! It certainly helps.
Pink hair :o my kids would dis-own me. Sending smiles and positive thoughts for your friend x
Wow! Great attitude. I'm sending positive thought and energy to you! I'm gonna put you in my daily meditations. Just thinking about the name bluebeariscool will put a smile on my face and hopefully some of the positive thoughts/energy will reach you. Can't hurt.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Ahh bless you Kat. That is lovely indeed. I'm becoming an increasingly great believer in the power of positive thought. I've been attending mindfulness sessions which I find incredibly helpful.
I can't claim credit for the name though. My youngest child was using my iPad for games long before I was and he chose it as a game centre name and me being the technophobe that I am, had no idea how to change it! So stuck with it I am :)
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

*nods* the thoughts you think, the words you speak, shape your personal reality for sure, so why not be positive? It kinda IS a choice as I see it. Good you've found mindfulness. Now is also the best place to be. I love Pema Chodron and Thich Nhat Hanh. He's got great books --but go with who speaks to you. Just know we care and wish you the best. Now I'll hush with off topic talk before I get in trouble. Hanahaha
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll: